Ronaldo to Madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by HalaMadrid, Aug 31, 2002.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Report: Ronaldo to Madrid; Morientes, TBA and $20m to Inter; Morientes to Barcelona

http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2002/0831/1425519.html

I'm all for buying Ronaldo, and it was inevitable, but I cannot stomach the idea of El Moro playing for Barcelona. Play for Inter, please...I wish you the best. Just never don the azulgrana. That's a line you cannot cross.

At least this saga is nearing an end and the destruction of Europe can commence.

2. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Those are the last news and it seems to be definitive but this is a madness and everything could happen. I don't believe anything until it becomes official.

We will have the answer today because today is the last day to register players in the champions league.

If Morientes sign with the Barca won't be seen very positively by many Real Madrid fans. I expect that that won't happen, but if that happens will be because the Real had left him go to the Barca - the team could include in the operation a clause for which he could not sign for a spain team like happened with Mendieta the last year. I hope that he signs for the Totemham. Anyway the last news are that he and the Barca still have not reached an agreement.

3. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Report: Ronaldo to Madrid; Morientes, TBA and $20m to Inter; Morientes to Barcelona

I won't blame Morientes. He's being almost forced to go to Barça. I'm sure he doesn't like going there. The problem is that Madrid refused Tottenhams offer and Inter seems not to want him.

And I can understand taht he prefers to remain in Spain rather than going to Italy, where he'd get injured for sure, or to England to a lesser club.

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for FM exiting stage left, but it would be sad to see him parland Catala.

Tottenham seems to be looking up these days. It wouldn't have been a bad place to go for him. Too bad.

Dmar, every other club is lesser compared to El Madrid.;)

5. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    CONFIRMED!!!!!

RONALDO TO REAL MADRID!!!!

Real Madrid signed Ronaldo for 45$M. The Real will pay 35$ in cash and 10$M in players or cash in dicember.

Finally, Morientes stay in Madrid. Seems that the Barcelona want to sabotage the operation trying to sign Morientes and go back one hour before the time expired.

For me great news.

6. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Official: Real Madrid sign Ronaldo for 45$M

CONFIRMED!!!!!

RONALDO TO REAL MADRID!!!!

Real Madrid signed Ronaldo for 45$M. The Real will pay 35$ in cash and 10$M in players or cash in dicember.

Finally, Morientes stay in Madrid. Seems that the Barcelona want to sabotage the operation trying to sign Morientes and go back one hour before the time expired.

With his movement the Barca had made more cheap the operation, because the the Inter had signed Crespo and they were in a delicate position.

The Real finally "only" will pay 45$ when the Inter in the begining of the operation want 100$, and when the Madrid was arranged to pay 55M$ few days/hours before.

Ronaldo will pass the medical examination the next monday.

There are hundred of people near the inter stadium to protest the sale of Ronaldo.

For me great news. Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Macca, Solari,Portillo, etc. What a team!!!

7. DragonFly

DragonFly New Member

Dec 31, 1999
    Player to be named later. Sounds like
    a trade from the US sports leagues :)

So who do you guys think will be the
    $10 Mil guy in December to go to Inter?
    Can anyone come up with a list of RM
    players who could fit that price list?

And how does this work. Inter just picks
    a player, player agrees, done deal. Or
    does RM get any say in it?

Finally, what happens if no player
    wants to go to Inter (ie. Like the
    Morientes to Barca)?

Thanks,

-- Colin

8. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Here is a link to an official article.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=32084.html

Sky sports was saying that, basically, Inter can pick from 1 of 4 players on the Madrid squad in December, or take 10 million Euros in cash. The 4 players are rumored to be Conceiciao, Munitis, McManaman and I think Solari, per El Mundo.

9. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

It seems we got a happy ending...
    Ronaldo will wear 11.