Ronaldo News, Facts and Rumors

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Marcio, Jul 25, 2002.

1. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo stays with Real

I think this puts an end to the rumors about Ronaldo being unsatisfied in Madrid:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...0bQ--?slug=reu-ronaldo&prov=reuters&type=lgns

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I watched the press conference, it seems he's happy in Madrid.

3. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Real Madrid fans against Ronaldo

Real Madrid fans were booing and calling Ronaldo "fat" during a training. Even being fat he's the one who keeps deciding in the front. It's not his fault if Real's defense sucks big time.

http://oglobo.globo.com/online/esportes/141645512.asp

4. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Ronaldo in Selecao camisa

Where can I get some pictures of THE Ronaldo please?? I am looking for a pictiure of every game in the camisa of the Selecao - all 81 of them!

5. Mane_Garrincha

Mane_Garrincha New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    Canada
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Real Madrid fans against Ronaldo

Renê Simões calls Ciccarelli Brazil's best personal trainer and says he has never seen Ronaldo in such good shape and with such explosiveness.

Throughout the game today Jovem Pan would play a Parreira sound bite where he said thank you to Daniela Ciccarelli for getting Ronaldo in shape and for being the best thing to happen to the seleção's star.

8. Andre_Fla81

Andre_Fla81 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Brasil

"Ronaldo and Daniela Ciccarelli announced their wedding date tonight on Fantástico."

Ha!!! I dont watch Fantastico as I am usually zapping through the Sunday night footie shows, so I missed this, but that explains why they said Ronaldo wouldnt join the rest of the gang for the flight to Germany just 2 hours after the final whistle. hehe

And who can blame him, she's absolutely beautiful!

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

In the two previous World Cups he played Ronaldo was not 100%. Now, with Daniela Ciccarelli, he's looking like he'll be in his best shape ever for 2006! That will be really something.

10. robinho17

robinho17 New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Australia
    Re: Ronaldo News and Rumors

Anyone who has been watching ronaldo play for madrid and recently brazil..can you notice his new celebration after scoring goals.(he places he forearm on his forehead) Does anyone know what this signal is implying...To me it looks like he kinda like wiping his sweat as if it was hard work after scoring the goal..but in a sarcastic manner to say it was easy?

11. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004

I believe it is because he has a tattoo on his wrist with something like "D and R" (for Daniela and Ronaldo). I stand to be corrected though............

12. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Re: Ronaldo in Selecao camisa

Thanks, man. Very good. I also need some of him playing for Brazil in 1994 - 1997.............

13. Andre_Fla81

Andre_Fla81 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Brasil

Oh man, neither of you folks actually live in Brazil?? There's been dozens of interviews this past week in which those annoying reporters kept asking him about that gesture, and Ronaldo was getting really fed up about that particular question. hehehe

Yes, it's just the tatto on his wrist.

14. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004

Living in good old Inglaterra!

15. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Ronaldo 500

The CBF site contains an excel document giving details of games and goals

16. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)

So Ro meets and dates this young lady for less than a year and is already tatoos her initials on his wrist? How many great loves has he had in the past decade?

Can anyone explain to me why rich young athletes who can have almost any woman - and run around trying to do just that - constantly get into these heavy committed relationships, which don't last because they end up cheating anyway? Why doesn't Ro just enjoy his life, and his women, as a single cat; and settledown at 35 or so? I hope this one lasts and keeps him content (at least until after WC 2006;)).

17. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
  18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Wishful thinking apparently

I agree with your sentiment that he should enjoy his life now, and not just committ himself right away to any relationship.

19. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    He is single again. Just seen official notification of split on Folha site.

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

Because Ronaldo and other rich young athletes are rich and young. They can buy anything and they're horny.

They have access to the beautiful, mega-gorgeous models and celebrities we only see on TV or other media. These women know they are hot beyond and above what we mortal men consider "pretty" and use it. If the beautiful women of the every day world manipulate men through their beauty, why would these women who are already wealthy and famous AND out of this world gorgeous settle for some guy making a middle-class salary?

I can go on abou the women's shallowness, but ROnaldo and other young athletes display terrible values. They get used to hopping from hottie to hottie. They don't learn what commitment is and belittle marriage.

Beckham may be an overrated player, but with all his wealth etc., it appears his marriage to Spice is stable. gotta credit him for taht, allt he more cuz Victoria is HOT and rich and could have any man she wants... well almost.

21. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)

Actually that is what I am advocating - jump around with as many young women as he chooses, but without these series of heavy "commitments" that don't last. Wait until you are older and wiser.

As for terrible values, I don't know. Almost all men in their 20s would enjoy these pleasures if they could. I know at that age I did the best I could, and I'm a nobody. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are upfront with the people you date IMO.

Imagine that a couple of weeks ago they were expecting a baby. And we can't forget that whole French castle mess a month ago (while he was still technically married). Poor Ronaldo seems to be the kind of guy that clings to women very quickly. There's potentially some emotional immaturity there (nothing wrong with that, we all have issues).

I feel for him, but am glad that silly wrist-to-forehead goal celebration is a thing of the past:p

PS - As for Beckham, wasn't he caught red-handed (or "cell"-handed) having an affair with his publicist?

22. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil

That's the best thing! :)

23. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)

Yes, let's bid it farewell...

[​IMG]

Adieu.

PS - All in jest of course. I hope he's okay.

24. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Were they married long enough so she will leave with a big sum?

25. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil