Ronaldo News, Facts and Rumors

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Marcio, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Marcio

Marcio New Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Fenomeno

Estava vendo alguns lances do Ronaldo sarado... Barcelona e o comeco na Inter!

Ele era incrivel... imagino que se ele tivesse ganho a copa de 98, ele jah seria considerado, por muitos, como o melhor de todos os tempos

2. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    y nunca vamos a saber q paso en verdad antes de aquel partido final de francia '98

3. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    I think we know the truth...conspiracies are very rare because not that many people can keep a secret. Will it be a secret as to what caused his convulsions? Perhaps, but we can probably narrow it down to 2-3 things and feel fairly confident about it.

4. Americano e Orgulho

Americano e Orgulho New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Estou esperando para as 2 ou 3 coisas...

5. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will never be sure. Ronaldo had seizures and no one can blame his for playing bad that day, but Zagallo's biggest mistake was to make a saviour out of Ronaldo. But I don't want to remember what's the worst experience of Brazil since WC Brazil - 1950.

In 2002, Ronaldo did not won the cup all by himself although he was there when we needed him. But we had Ronaldinho Gaucho giving a show against England and Rivaldo playing awesomely well all over the cup. Besides, what people first called a shakey defense, had very technical players. The midfield was not good simply because there's no place for Juninho and Ronaldinho together, they hit heads while trying to do the same thing.

When Felipao finally found the right players for the midfield, the team turned killer!

6. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    Lidocaine seizures.

One possible explanation for his seizures is that he had a shot of lidocaine in his knee and some could have made into his bloodstream causing the seizure.

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    lol 3 languages in one thread!!!

8. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
  9. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ronaldo to discuss Real move with Inter: agent

Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldo is to meet his club directors at Inter Milan to negotiate a transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid, his agent said...

World Soccer News

'Ronaldo staying at Inter'

Inter Milan coach Hector Cuper has dismissed reports claiming he is ready to sell Brazilian striker Ronaldo...

This is London

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    RONALDO JETS BACK TO MILAN

Ronaldo was due to arrive back in Milan today to sort out his future...

Sporting Life

11. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    im a little tired of hearing about how unhappy Ronaldo is. i was very pleased to see him do well in the cup but the guy has been such a friggin head case primadonna over the years. suck it UP!

youre 26 years old, the best soccer player in the world, ridiculously rich buy some god damned therapy

12. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I have some sympathy with those who think he should stay because Inter have stood by him and have had very little in return, BUT I personally think Spanish futbol suis him better than Seria A and he should go.

13. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Put me in the camp that was happy to see him return to form and shine at the world cup.

Still, he just seems really out of line to me to be so unhappy with the club that spent the last two years helping him through rehab, footing the bills, and padding his pocket with little in return. Now, he wants a transfer in a depressed player market from them? I suppose he sees no reason why he would owe anything to the club that stood by him through his troubled times?

If I were Inter, Madrid better be ready to part with some serious cash if they want to get a piece of an asset that I'd spent so much time, effort, and money to get back on the field.

14. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I can see where Ronaldo is coming from. It has been a hellacious tenure in Italy for him, rarely making the pitch at all. HIs personal life and football life went through tremendous lows, from a devastating break-up, devastating miscarriage (his "new" wife) and then with football, the injuries. He was burnt out and over-exposed. Probably what would be best for him personally would be a change of scenery adn a fresh start.

Does it seem far if you are INter Milan? Well, of course not. They did not get the value they expected when they paid the fee and transfer for him (although that fee is dwarfed in comparison to some of the fees of last year and this year even). But as many yank fans slam MLS for not releasing players even if the players appear ready to go, I don't see a real difference here.

Inter may as well cut the loss, make a transfer if possible and build up another player that will suit their system. Of course probably ROnaldo is veyr thankful for Inter for all that they have done with him through the problems. I can see Inter agreeing to transfer him.

15. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    I agree with this completely. I had a friend that moved back to his hometown after dealing with cancer for a year. It really had nothing to do with the way his company treated him, or the city itself, but he just wanted to get away from the memories and have a fresh start.

I agree it's horribly unfair to Inter though, but perhaps if Inter can get a large price from a big Spanish club they can use that to pick up several players at a good price - or just pad their own bottom line a little. Inter has not gotten from Ronaldo what they wanted, but I would say they've almost gotten their money's worth - he probably helped the club break even on his salary even when he wasn't playing. They can always get more production out of their other stars that they pay to sit on the bench after they broguht him in.

16. bolas

bolas New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    IN THE CARIBBEAN
    I AGREE WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS REGARDING RONALDO'S STATE OF MIND AND WANTING A FRESH START AND ALL BUT I ALSO AGREE WITH THE PRIMA DONA THEORY.

RONALDO SHOULD PAY BACK INTER FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND MONEY INVESTED IN HIM BY PLAYING AT LEAST ONE FULL SEASON FOR INTER IN ATTEMPT TO WIN THE SCUDETTO WHICH JUVENTUS SNATCHED AWAY FROM THEM AT THE LAST MOMENT.
    EVENTHOUGH I SUPPORT JUVE (AND BRASIL) I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IF RONALDO PLAYED LAST SEASON FOR INTER THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE SCIDETTO HANDS DOWN....HE WAS THE MISSING PIECE OF THE PUZZLE.

SO MY MESSAGE TO RONALDO IS THIS:
    "BE A MAN, HONOR YOUR COMMITMENT WITH INTER FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR, IF AFTER THAT YOU WANT TO LEAVE....GO!"

17. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    Ronaldo to leave Inter

Ronaldo is good but Rivaldo is much better...

18. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    I can live with that. Especially after it sounds like he's staying around at least that long.

You have to remember Moriatti loves to collect superstars more than he loves to win. Or at least thats what he's good at. And Ronaldo is the ultimate superstar when healthy, with really no detractors. Rivaldo, Figo, Zidane..all of them have left their best football behind them, even if just 1-2 seasons ago - Ronaldo still has time to dominate as the best in the world again. Moriatti sees more than just a lost player or lost money when he thinks about losing Ronaldo.

19. bolas

bolas New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    IN THE CARIBBEAN
    Re: Ronaldo to leave Inter

I BELIEVE THAT!!

20. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
  21. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Every article contradicts each other, there's no way of telling. Real, Inter, and Ronaldo probably don't know for sure what's going to happen.

Moratti is still insisting he's staying but Real claim they are close to completing the deal.

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ronaldo

What an ungreatfull bastard. He got payed all the time he was injured and now that hes healthy he wants to Leave ?!!? Ronaldo shoulds at least play one more season with Inter. He owes them that much..

23. LTDdriver16

LTDdriver16 New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Columbia
    There is one option that no one has mentioned. Ronaldo would be a perfect fit for the Kansas City Wizards. Imagine him alongside with Igor Simuntenkov, they would dominate the entire league. I think it's the MLS cup that Ronaldo really wants, it's the only cup he'll never get.

24. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ronaldo should be thankful Inter supported his gimpy ass while he was injured. This was a heavy duty investement that's yet to be paid out. Suck it up and play is what I say. Now, if Cuper doesn't get along with him or he doesn't fit Cuper's ideal technical scheme, then that's an entire different issue.