Ronaldo MU vs Lyon [R] CL

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I just saw the biggest Frango by a keeper in years :)

Carroll sucks

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    MU 2-1

Nistelrooy assisted by Rooney

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Lyon keeper just made a great saved on Ronaldo's blast in the 69m

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    game over

1000 game for Ferguson

R & R Boys with another strong game

Ronaldo and Rooney

MU in the round of 16

5. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Good to hear Ronaldo had a strong game, but I still think he's playing too much football.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    he had the weekend off

7. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    He's on the ground so much it's like he's resting don't worry about him needing time off!!!

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    enjoy it my friend, because his contract his running in two years, and the portuguese don't like to stay more then a couple seasons with the same team, in other words they like to leave when they are still want it

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    guy its just a matter of time before he realizes hes being used my man u.
    i think when i see him play he lacks confidence maybe because hes not comfortable with english people talking to him. my guess in 2 years hell be wise to choose another team that doesnt overdue the kid. especially when the player is developing you dont rush the kid just cause hes that damn good.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    If you have the tape of the game, you can hear Queiroz yelling to Ronaldo on the field, to get back because he had no confidence on the backs, I also saw Rooney doing the same

11. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    I hope he goes to la liga. It suits his style... but I don't see him leaving any time soon.

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    CR is the Man Utd poster boy. They are banking on him and Rooney quite heavily to bring some silverware. I am sure that they will make him an offer that he cannot refuse. If he does deceide to go elsewhere, I am sure that a team like Real Madrid will go after him big time. They need to get younger and better - no better way to do that than go after guys ike Robinho, CR and perhaps Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid)...

13. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey Forca you must be as busy a I am lately. Not much time to post. Good to finally catch you online......
    I agree with you guys in that he will end up in Spain before long. I don't think MU is the ideal soccer environment for him. I would be surprised if he stays in England.

14. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey Paul, yeah, I have been rather busy lately. I had some spare time last night and decided to post some thoughts - it had been a while...

The EPL is a rugged league. I think La Liga would suit CR's style a little more, which has more flair to it. Time will tell what his next move is.

15. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Ronaldo is going nowhere. We love CR7 at the club and he is not stressed are anything like that. How can you say we are using him? He is one of our most important players and we neeed him alot. So get it straight : RONALDO IS NOT LEAVING!!!

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Ronaldo is that type of player, either you like him or you hate him

17. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Man U is not a bad place for him right now. In fact I believe that it is the perfect place for him, He can mature and improve his skills here. Now wether or not he stays that will depend on How much Man U is willing to shell out for his sevices in the future

18. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I think the decision of playing for Manchester United in the EPL, may well be Cristiano Ronaldo's best choice to this point. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

Firstly, because SAF and Carlos Queiroz, are two great mentors, that will be able to handle and further develop Cristiano Ronaldo.

Secondly, EPL, in my opinion, is the toughest and most competitive league in the world. And for that, Cristiano Ronaldo will have to adapt, and will learn what it takes to be successful - and that he already has.

Third and last, Cristiano Ronaldo is playing for Manchester United, a team with tradition, a huge fan base, and the richest club in the world. He will get lots of playing time and exposure - only adding to his value, in terms of marketability.

I think playing in the EPL and with Manchester United will make his transition to la liga or Serie A, or for wherever, easier. There's no league as competitive as the EPL, and there's no pressure greater than playing in the EPL.

PS: I hope he stays in the EPL for a while. I only get EPL games here in Canada.

19. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Good post ! I agree completely. Ronaldo will not leave anytime soon and what better team to be at than at Man united? Real is the pits right now.

20. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree than Man U is the best place to be, my only concern is that there's not much patience by fans in the EPL for fancy footwork and young players that have such skills, should not be discouraged from using them.

21. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    This is the not it at all. In fact I have not heard a single Man Utd fan bash Ronaldo for showing off too much in a while. He has certainly matured at a good pace. It is just the opposition fans that hate him for making their defenders for making them look foolish. :D

22. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    You said it! I don't think any ManU fans are critical of his fancy footwork, it's only fans of opposing teams. The old saying goes 'Being hated by your enemies is the best form of flattery.'

23. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Well, I've read a lot of posts by Man U fans complaining about his diving. If you're not happy with the kid, I assure you any Portuguese team would gladly take him back. :)

24. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I love is talent, but to be fair he does go to the ground quite easily but then again so do a lot of other great players. Fifa has to stop it now!!!!!!!