Ronaldo could sign for Real Madrid later Friday: report

Discussion in 'Italy' started by retnicf, Aug 2, 2002.

1. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    I did, and it's only a rumor,
    http://espn.go.com/soccer/news/2002/0802/1413432.html

Not every player is a priority for us."

Valdano also made that point in his hastily arranged news conference.

"Ronaldo is not part of Real Madrid's strategy," Valdano said. "Our interest in him is relative. If one day he came on the market we would analyze the situation.

"He's a great player and Real Madrid are always interested in great players.

"If an astronomical figure us being talked about Real Madrid have got nothing to say. If in the future a great opportunity came up things could be different, though."

Inter poured cold water on a move.

The official website asserted: "The excellent relationship between Real Madrid and Inter has meant that in the shortest time the two clubs have been in contact and have immediately verified that not even the minimal conditions exist to start this discussion."

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ronaldo 'wants Madrid move'

Ronaldo has indicated his desire to leave Inter Milan and join Real Madrid, according to the Spanish club's sporting director Jorge Valdano...

BBC

This would be ridiculous as it happens and yet another reason to hate Real. :)

Also, imagine what the crowd would be like a GS on Wednesday if he did end up moving and travelling with the club...

3. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo loves Inter. I doubt he would say such thing.

4. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... or on THURSDAY when they actually turn up to play. ;)

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing. It was just a month or so ago that he was pledging his loyalty to Inter.

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Yeah, that would be interesting too. :D

I have tickets to the damn thing and I don't know what day it is. :)

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Real deny move to acquire Ronaldo
    By our sports staff

REAL Madrid have denied making an approach for Ronaldo, the Inter Milan striker, but admitted they might be interested in the Brazil World Cup winner should the Italian club make him available. “We told Inter Milan that we would not approach Ronaldo until they made it clear they wanted to let him go,” Jorge Valdano, Madrid’s sporting director, said. “If that happens we would consider a move for him. At the moment Inter don’t want to sell and we don’t want to buy...”

The Times

Well that should put this to rest. For awhile at least.

8. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    Maybe he should go back to Barca. Do you guys know if he liked it there when he played there?

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He left Barcelona after one season because of some agruements I do not recall exactly.

10. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    Ronaldo is serious about not respecting the contract with Inter,check the news

well i always found the "good boy" image the media and himself like to shop around quite cloying,now we finally get the real Ronie

the way Internazionale handles this situation will set the tone for next season and possibly farther in time,if they end up looking like the football joke they were during the last 15 years i expect 2002-03 to turn into another wreck

11. brazil2002

brazil2002 New Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Porto Alegre, Brasil
    Its over guys

CONFIRMED: "I Want To Leave Inter," Says Ronaldo
    08/06/2002. It was a sad day for Nerazzurri tifosi around the globe as their beloved (and now estranged) superstar Ronaldo released a distressing statement on his offical website, www.r9ronaldo.com, clearly stating his desire to leave Inter.

"I have arrived today and I immediately went to speak with the club. I confirmed my point of view and it is the same as the one my agent Alexandre Martins outlined to chairman Moratti three months ago.

I am very sad for the reaction of the Inter fans, even though I understand their disappointment, but I prefer to live this situation rather than publicly announce the reasons that make me think of a future away from Inter," read the statement.

Many Inter fans have called Ronaldo a mercenary, but Il Phenomeno says the reasons go beyond monetary ones.

"Everyone should know that money really isn't the most important thing for me. I will respect the club until the end, as it has always been close to me, even in the most difficult times and I will adhere to my professional duties of my contract, as I have always done, and I hope that in the next days the situation can positively evolve for me and Inter."

Now it's up to Moratti to decide whether to allow Ronnie to leave the city of Milan, with Real Madrid being his probable destination. However the Spanish club will need to at least get close to the 100 million Euro price tag Inter have reportedly fixed on the world's most coveted number 9

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    mercenaire! ******** blanco! wants to play for the enemy

13. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    I'm totally baffled at this point. I've read three articles that say he's leaving Inter, and three that say he's staying, and that he's already practicing with them. (Wednesday afternoon Central Euro Time)

14. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    I'm baffled too, but now everything says he's staying. I want to figure out how all these different rumours came out.

15. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The latest report from Marca says Ronaldo's agent has confirmed that he will be staying in Milan. It's on the front page and there seems to be some resignation from the Spanish press, a good sign that indeed, the whole rumor mill-possible transfer talk is indeed, over.

Ronaldo is staying in Italy.

http://www.marca.es

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    LET THE BASHING BEGINS!!!! jeje