Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid

OMG, man those shoes must suck! He had like four clear chances on an open goal, and he missed them all!!! I though Ronaldinho was the best in the world, but he couldn't score a goal on an open net! :D

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why would you be distrustful about norways biggest newspaper?

anyway, it was supposed to be vitA clausen. typo up there.

3. yamato74

yamato74 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Nothing against Norway's newspapers. But i don't speak norwegian and it's a bit strange this kind of news appearing only in Norway.

4. STHLM

STHLM New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Östermalm
    I've read it in swedish also :D

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    it didnt. it was in every major newspaper in norway, sweden and denmark. hence me saying vita was nikes communications director for north europe. im sure itll end up in newspapers you trust before too soon.

6. manolis1976

manolis1976 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    the clip is fake just because this can not be done!!!

but the reason tha the clip is made it is allready be done LOOK we are all tallking about nikes football clip!!!

7. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

*my reaction the first time I realised that video was fake.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    its kinda funky that about 35% of people on bigsoccer are absolute idiots and have no knowledge about the game whatsoever.

9. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    and 60% who have never even kicked a soccer ball...

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If you believe that your pretty dumb yourself

11. TF6487

TF6487 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Ok I didnt really have an opinion on this till someone mentioned that a ball appears from nowhere in the advert.So I watched it a few times and i dunno how to pull pics out the advert but roundabout 1:43 to 1:46 while ronaldinho is standing with the ball on his head,on the far left of the screen behind the left post,in front of the red billboard,another football appears and rolls off the screen.Its only there for about a second or two but you can plainly see it appearing and rolling away to the left.Also ive never noticed that guy lying behind the goals at the start of the advert till 2nite whoever mentioned it

12. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah my friend sent me that today. i still find it hard to believe if that's the way they actually did it. like some dude would have to control a huge pole with a ball at the end of it. i dont know. i guess with a blue screen and all, you could probably get around that,but i'm still not sure about this method. i still the think the video is fake...

14. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
  15. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah ive seen that ad. the cgi is so obvious though. even though i know how those events really played out, you can still tell the cgi parts. it's not so easy in the ronaldinho add. it's a very well made one.

16. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    ok so it's easyto substitute players and part of the whole setting but substituting a soccer ball is not easy ?..hmmm...:confused:

17. Fat Eric Cantona

Fat Eric Cantona New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    3rd Rock from da Sun
    "Breaking News

The commercial features Ronaldinho playing a match as a child in Porto Alegre, Yes but its not him all the time. it is a remake to look as if it was a young Ronaldinho doing all his tricks and skills back then as a kid.
    BUT ITS NOT ALL REAL. ITS NOT THE REAL YOUNG RONALDINHO DOING THE SKILLS.
    the real rhonaldino is in the close ups and the start and finish of the ad

How many time have you seen the childhood footage of madonna doing skills...loads of times and it was not first seen in an advertising campaign. So how come all of a sudden this amazing footage comes to light and its never been seen of any sport programme before? they've done it with loads of other players. So how come the tombstone toothed one has not been done before on TV sports show? well its a fake again from nike Well if you look again its brilliant editing and long narrow shots all to make the hoax look plausible but its fake."

18. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't that X-rated? ;)

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I've seen some of the original Ronaldinho footage, but it is clear that Nike have edited stuff as usual.

20. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    I personally think it's fake, in some of the shots the ball doesn't look right, digitally made or whatever.
    Bear in mind i'm no expert or anything just what I think.

21. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing how Ronnie was even uglier as a child...

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  23. JugglinNCWest7

JugglinNCWest7 New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I was about to read the whole thread but I came to this post first. This is exactly my sentiment. It is not that hard to hit the crossbar or aim to hit the crossbar and have it bounce back from straight away at the top of the box. If it is your job to be a footballer and develop your skills as much as possible, 5-10 takes should be all that is needed to accomplish a feat like the one in the commercial. It is amazing yes, but think about it this way. Say instead of whatever job you had now (working 9-5), you went and practiced football every day. It was what you loved so sometimes you'd play football for 10-12 hours a day. You played as a kid and as a teen and now you play as an adult. 20 years, playing football 320 days a year an average of 6 hours a day yields... nearly 40,000 hours of playing football. Ronaldinho has probably played 40,000 hours (or maybe more) of playing football in his life. I would think that you would be able to refine your skills (especially when you start with the God-given talent Ronaldinho obviously has) enough to kick it off the crossbar a couple times in a row :)

Still, the first time I saw it I was blown away... and then skeptical... and then blown away again. :D

24. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its fake.

1- Every time it hits the bar it makes the exact same noise.
    2- If he was that accurate he would score a goal at every shot
    3- The ball hits the bottom of the bar and yet instead of hiting the ground it goes back to Ronaldinho.
    4- the camera zooms out after the first kick.