Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Of all the players, Ronaldinho is the most likely to pull that off. However, if it is indeed fake, don't expect Ronaldinho to say it is unreal, since he will lose all his credibility. So, one shouldn't give too much weight to what Nike or Ronaldinho says about the video.

2. ted_keyboard

ted_keyboard New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Who said this won't benefit Nike. It's a Nike advert. It's advertising the new R10 Legends, the new Ronaldinho boot. I'm sure it'll be on the TV soon (if it's not already)

Strange they'd use him as it's the new Ronaldihno

And doesn't anyone get the whole concept of the ad??

These boots are supposed to be better than the normal boots, being gold and R10's and all. Give these boots to anyone and they will play better. Thats the messge it's trying to get across. Give them to Ronaldinho and it turns him into God.

Look at the evidence that its fake. Look at the evidence that it's real. I know what I think. Fake.

People still believed to moon landings. Just shows a) what you can do with a camera and b) what people are stupid enough to believe.

3. ted_keyboard

ted_keyboard New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Also, bearing in mind the style of amateur of camera work. Strange they know exactly when to zoom out, like they mysteriously know he's gonna boot the ball at the bar 4 times, then zoom in quickly on him again. Strange.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Haven't seen the vid yet, but if I get this correctly, he hits the crossbar and then the ball comes back to him? And he repeats this 3-4 times?

This is not something that is impossible to pull off. Apparently Rik Coppens (a Belgian footie star of the 50s and early 60s) did this at the end of every training session. Now, I'm not saying that this vid is legit, since I haven't seen it yet, but I can see someone with enough talent and some decent practice time pull this off, given enough attempts.

5. Seldon

Seldon New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    You know, watching it at normal speed I got sure it was a fake, cause I saw the ball hitting the crossbar and then coming back with some delay... but when i saw it frame by frame at a first look the ball flight seemed coherent again!

Then i got my definitive idea of it all being a fake when I tried to focus on the net... first of all, I don't know if all training nets looks this way, but I find strange it having no back (don't know how to explain this, you have to see it, the back of the net is curled up), and I thought it can be made on purpose so that he could shoot and score without the ball hitting the net and then coming back in his area.
    Also look carefully at the beginning (when they open the shoes case) and you can see a guy dressed in black(!!!) lying down behind the goal.

But the final proof is in the shaking of the net. After the first shot, which is doubtless the weaker one, you can see the net shaking. After every other shot, the net remains still.
    If you consider this and the trajectory of the ball being incoherent every time right after it gets shooted (sometimes at first it seems going straight forward, then it takes off like a plane... sometimes it happens the opposite) you get persuaded it is a fake.

The continuos changement of the lighting structure seem weird too... just skip from the scene where he walks towards the shooting area to the scene where he comes back and you can see totally different lighting and shadows.

But I see people believing in the fading-to-black final shot scene where you hear "swwwwiiiissshhhh... bang!" and I don't think i would be able to persuade them in any way:) Maybe Santa Claus would;)

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What are you trying to say? That the moon landing didnt happen? Why is it not believable?

7. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    Your point? Obviously the guy moved away while off the camera
    I find it very hard that anyone would be able to discern the net and the bars shaking or not after the first shot, since it is zoomed out
    :rolleyes: Anyone who has ever put their hands on a camera knows about adjusting lighting gain to compensate for changes in the overall brightness of the scene - there is nothing weird about that

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally convinced that it is fake - you just have to follow the ball frame by frame just before it comes back to Ronaldinho after the 3rd rebound - its trajectory is totally unnatural
    It is quite funny though how people come up with nonsense, amateur arguments to prove it is fake :eek:

8. Seldon

Seldon New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    No point, just wondering what was he doing there right in the middle of a training.

Yeah, but the shaking is so evident after the first, weak, shot and so unnoticeable after the others, expecially the fourth which is far more powerful than the first and which was filmed firmly.

It was the proof that made me state "it's a fake", along with the ball trajectory.

Yeah even I had put my hands on a camera some times in my life, and I know lighting changements like these happen often automatically, but still I find weird the changement of the shadow vividness and length.
    But I'm not saying it proves anything, maybe it was only a passing cloud.

It's funny enough also how people could support your same idea but still need to judge you and feel superior bearers of the truth;)

9. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    Come on, everyone knows that there can be only one bearer of the truth, and that is me :D

10. Seldon

Seldon New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    If it is so, I would have so many things to ask you in private;)

Btw, if u look with a wave editor to the waveform of the "bangs" when the ball hits the crossbar (and also of the "stop" sound when he stops the ball back) you could see that they really seem to be the same sound.
    I think it would be a huge coincidence if four hits sound exactly the same, even with different shoot power!

Also, if u listen to the final black fading "bang", you could also hear, after the bang, the "stop" sound. It doesn't prove anything (the last scene is obviously fake), but surely it is a gross error:)

11. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    When I downloaded the file I noticed that the file name was called .... Ronaldinho_viral. A viral is a marketing instrument. Virals are often funny small videos which you can post by e-mail to created some more involvement around the brand. So this could very well be a viral, which make the ad real (made by nike), but we will never see it on tv.

12. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I uploaded the video on rapidshare as "Ronaldinho Nike Gold Boots" or something similar. There was no viral in the name. "Viral" was attached to the name after upload was complete in Rapidshre :)confused: ).

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow.....Thier is only one explanation for that...Nike is watching you.

14. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
  15. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    It is quite possible. I was definitely surprised, however, when the name was changed to viral. Thought many wouldn't download it as a result. However, there seems to have been 5000 downloads!

16. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It is kinda weird how there is a guy laying there and then less than 30 seconds later he's gone. Hehe.

But as for the "if he can do that in practice why doesn't he do it in games...." arguement... like someone said, in the game you have several factors working against you... besides opposition you have fatigue, possibly small injuries picked up during the game, and then, obviously, defenders coming at you going all out to steal the ball or prevent you from shooting/passing it how you want.

I mean, for our basketball IM team we have this kid who can shoot lights out in warm-ups/practice. One time he hit over 20 straight 3 pointers. But in the games he gets tired from playing defense and he has defender's hands in his face. So in the games he maybe makes 3 out of 10 shots from behind the 3-point line, while in practice he shoots around 85% or higher!

17. futbol_king9

futbol_king9 New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Central PA
    FAKE -

anyone who has ever played at a fairly competitive level can tell you that is impossible!

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly, why is this thread still going?

19. kiko-br

kiko-br New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Ok.. most of the fake´s side is saying that the video is fake just because it cannot be done..

well.. i dont know how much of you guys know about ronaldinho´s life before he goes to europe...

in fact.. ronaldinho and his brother(Assis) used to train shooting on the post and getting the ball back on a defined area... and ronaldinho´s brother was better than him doing that..lol

sounds like crazy, but it´s real.. and some guys on brazilian´s press and players who played with assis and ronaldinho can say that...

i really think the video in fact is real.. even because theres nothing to prove methat the its a fake video... and come guys.. saying that cgi and multimedia can do anything...ok.. in fact can, but that does not prove anything about the video beeing fake...

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure it does, it proves exactly that.

21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My goodness you're bad at arguing your side.

22. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Wow, I can't believe there's even a thread on this. To me it doesn't even look like a good fake.

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Flip through the pages, all the necessary information is there.

24. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

sorry, I know that it's difficult for you to accept the fact that Ronaldinho isn't that good, one would have to be a fool to actually believe that it is, its not that hard to tell it was layered and edited multiple times.

25. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Why is this thread still open. Its honestly embrassing that people actually think this is real. :eek: