Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Very funny man RIP

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This absolutely sucks for James.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58587599

But what I struggle with is why on earth players don't take more precautions. This happens a lot. It is known when players are out of the house and it is known they love to spend huge money on valuable items, a perfect storm.

How do these players earning 10's of thousands a week not pay a couple of security guards to sit in their house for the day. Would cost them relative peanuts.

Same logic as getting an uber/taxi rather than driving home from the club.

Makes no sense and would at least expect the club (especially one of Chelsea's wealth/caliber) to lay on some sort of concierge service to handle this basic fix.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Roman will call on some people. :)

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You live in a well-off neighborhood you will rightfully expect to not have to worry about it. And even though Reece did everything right, keeping cameras on hand and everything in a safe, he still got hit. It sadly happens.

From what he said on his Instagram, Chelsea and the authorities are working with him on this matter.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But I'm not sure how they could expect everything will be fine given this happens. It even happened to Reece last year so clearly it wasn't fine then either.

Throw a few quid to a security firm and put a couple of live (and large) bodies in there during match days and the thieves won't try it on.

To Yas' point, I'm not sure I would mess around with one of Roman's lads but these slags probably haven't given that much thought to it. Presented with large gentlemen however and doubt they would make it through the window.

6. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This seems to happen a lot. How much could it really cost to employ some guys/dogs for match days. These players are very well paid. No brainer IMO

Chairman Maozedizzle repped this.
  7. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was reading that less than 50% of epl players were unvaccinated. That seems....low.

10. Chairman Maozedizzle

Chelsea FC
    United States
    Sep 22, 2021
    Plenty of people have gotten COVID while vaccinated. I would refrain from assuming vaccination status. That said, it'd be nice if everyone was up front about it and did lead by example...

I do hope he is vaccinated and that this is a very mild case of COVID.

11. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It really isn't, the headline figure for England is over 80% vaccinated but that hides the fact that in many parts of London it's much lower than that.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's fair, but I mean that across the board, for everyone, or at everyone who can get it.

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CP back in training. If, and it's a huge if at this point, he can stay healthy it will be huge for the team.

Could be just what is needed given the sometimes lethargic performances the team put in. Need a bit of a spark and CP could be exactly that.

JimWharton and Chairman Maozedizzle repped this.
  16. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  18. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I just miss watching him play.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s not end all b all but comments like this should def put to bed the nonsense about home grown potentially being willing to take a little less then market to stay.

"It's quite surreal," Chalobah, who joined Chelsea aged eight, told the club website. "It's a dream for me to sign a new long-term contract for my boyhood club and hopefully the dream continues.”

Cosmin10 repped this.
  21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How much is his new deal worth?

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven’t seen any numbers posted anywhere. But on the current market at 22 year old on a free transfer at CB with his athletic profile and ball skills who’s shown to be able to play at a Chelsea level would certainly fetch a good deal.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  23. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pulisic is healthy, so I know Chelsea fans are happy about that. He played 21 minutes for the U.S. national team recently.

24. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Chelsea young stars Chalobah, James step up as club's veteran defenders threaten to move on
    Trevoh Chalobah and Reece James set Chelsea on their way to a commanding 4-0 victory over Juventus and a Champions League last-16 spot, but the pair's ongoing emergence is strengthening the club in other notable ways.

The serenity with which the Blues have negotiated the formative months of this season has helped relegate uncertainty over several senior first-team players to mere footnotes in a run that has seen them progress in Europe while holding a lead at the top of the Premier League. That continued at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday in Thomas Tuchel's 50th game in charge, as his side delivered another emphatic performance to banish the memory of a 1-0 defeat in last month's reverse fixture and take control of Group H, needing only to match Juve's result against Malmo when they take on Zenit St. Petersburg next month to win the group.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea...s-clubs-veteran-defenders-threaten-to-move-on

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea will play Al Hilal, Al Jazira or Auckland City in the semi-final of the Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in February.

Palmeiras will face Al Ahly or Monterrey in the other semi-final.

Liverpool (2019) and Manchester United (2008) are the only previous English winners, with Chelsea losing to Corinthians in the 2012 final.

Mendy and maybe Ziyech will be at the African Nations Cup.