Roman will Move to Atletico Madrid for 07/08 & 08/09

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
  2. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And so the soap opera continues ,, it looks like Boca have till monday to get Riquelme's situation straight ... AFA authorized a few more days , so did Spain's federation . i can't figure out how Fifa will play into this once money is transfered and contracts are signed . I thought once the window closes there was nothing else anyone could do ... this is good for Boca someone is werking majic down at AFA

3. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    There is a mistake in Ole's news ... Spain's transfer window closed to incorporate players. Clubs can sell/loan whenever they want. So saying that Spain's federation also extended this is inaccurate.

As to the AFA, Rosales took River about 3 weeks after the original date. And it was about scrapping money from various sources for the transfer to happen. The typical case of the wannabe consumer in the US, buy what you can't afford just to pretend ...

With Boca, it is about having a few hours AFTER the European transfer windows closed. Last semester, Argentina's closed later than Europe's. Afterall, Boca is trying to save a NT starter from being hung for at least 6 months, and probably 2 years. A lot more understandable than Rosales' case, or so I think. ;)

The possible team:

Caranta
    Ibarra - Maidana - Paletta - Morel
    Ledesma - Banega - Gracian
    Roman
    Palacio - Palermo​

Subs: Migliore, Krupo, Battaglia, Neri, Yorugua Gonzales, Bueno, Boselli

Bring it on Milan! :D

4. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Such a hectic 24 hours...

After the transfer deadline passed this is more or less what happened.

29/08

Cadena Ser, leading radio station in Spain, reports there is a complete agreement to sign Riquelme. The rest of the media quote Cadena Ser's news. Only minor points remain to be solved, and Santana begins to be shopped to make room for Riquelme.

30/08

Aguirre knows about the deal and (according to reports) goes mad and even threatens to resign if Eller or Santana leave the team and Riquelme is signed. It is also reported that two senior players from the squad "veto" the transfer due to Riquelme's personality. There are another issues such as the 442 formation and the fees payed for Simao, Reyes, L García, Agüero or Forlán, with some of them being subs if Riquelme had joined the team.

31/08

Transfer is stopped after Aguirre's outburst. All the media in Spain make clear it has been Aguirre's fault.

Previously, in some interviews Aguirre had stated no desire against having Riquelme in the team!!

So, I could come to 2 conclusions:

a) Aguirre is a liar. He says to the fans and media what they wanna hear (to avoid being chased as Bianchi) and then does whatever he wants.

Or...

b) Aguirre is a nobody in the organization, he is the coach because there has to be a coach. The board has designed this weird operation as a shield. So if there is a bad season they have already pointed the one to blame.

Boca it is then... It's supposed to be a 2 year lone again from what I can tell: Boca will be paying for 2 of his 3 years in his current contract (which is a lot, like 10 million euros) and also giving a % of the sales of Banega and Palacio. Villarreal still retains Riquelme and if they get an offer during the loan, they can eventually sell him, while Boca would only have to pay his salary during that period.

5. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Call me niave but I have this good feeling that Roman will be in Boca colors for a looooong time;)

6. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Didn't he say that he would never go to england because of the weather? could be wrong but in any case yeah, the EPL would be a whole different world for him and I doubt he would do well there.

Any knew news about him?? Did Atletico fall through? Anyone else looking to snatch him up?

Would have loved to see him with aguero.

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    He said he would never play for another Euro club except for Villareal. Villareal don't want him. So, he will be going to Boca Juniors, as Villareal (contrrary to their previous position) are now desperate to not have him on the team wit that major salary and not play

8. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Holy hell that's a good squad. The gallinas are shaking in their boots already.

:D

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

bring on Roman! The gayinas worst nightmare.

Sign him already!

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7171086

In the last paragraph of this article it confirms that 25% of Romans transfer fee goes to Barca. I wonder how much of an issue this has caused the transfer saga? Obviously Villarreal need to make as much as they can on the transfer fee to off-set the 25% they have to ante up to Barca. Looks to me like Villarreal has bent themselves over the barrel thanks to Pelligrini's hard line stance.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
  12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Unbelievable...

Is it just me or would Riquelme's market value deminish even further if he doesn't even play a single game untill december? How could Villareal even find that situation profitable?

This royally blows:mad:

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The shady way business is done in futbol would lead me to believe that we still may have a small chance to still get Roman home. Villarreals stance is pathetic when you factor in Romans clause that requires to him to at least be on the subs bench for at least 25% of the matches. This whole stance can still come back to bite Villarreal in the ass being that the clause was probably put in there for long term injury insurance in the first place.

A club has to give a player a reasonable expectation to play if he's healthy and not in violation of a club or league policies. If Villarreal choses to "choke" his bank account like they seem to be doing, Roman can sue to get his contract cancelled. Villarreal has made it clear publicly that this issue with Roman is not based on discipline or anything of that nature, it's all about his and the coaches personal gig. I could see Roman's representatives suing to have his contract terminated being that he'll not be able to have an oppurtunity to earn his pay. If this happens as I'm fairly certain it's happened before, Villarreal could stand to not only lose the player but any possible monies they could make off of him.

That said, I hope Villarreal keeps getting as you said raped for treating a player like crap.

14. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Moishe, I believe that Villarreal offered to culminate Roman's contract, which would had left Roman as a free agent.

But there are other issues at play for Roman. For example, he get 4.5 million Euros NET ... that is abour a 6 - 6.5 million Euro contract.

Also, if his contract is not still in Spain, he would lose the priviledges of the tax brackets there as oppossed to Argentina's.

It came down to being about money at the end ... all 3 parties lose with Roman sitting in the stands for 6 months.

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    vipnerd, makes sense what your saying. However I cant see Roman not jumping at the chance to terminate his contract nor do I see Villarreal just letting him walk away with absolutely no financial gain. Had the player been one that was oft injured or a bad seed fine. Riquelme though is neither, he's played through injuries while in Spain and by all accounts, he's a pleasant enough guy to team up with.

With all that ranted out, I see the financial ramifications making sense as well. I guess I'm old fashioned and like to believe that playing the game is about playing the game and not some business deal. The only party that truly gets the shaft in this whole telenovela is Villarreal. The stance they've taken has essentially back themselves into a corner. Roman however will in the worst case scenario, will sit out six months and get really hungry to play. He may not get any game time during this period but you can bet he'll at least have a personal coach to work out with. Riquelme is gonna land on his feet as he is a remarkably talented player. We Bosteros can wait a bit longer, we still have an improving team.

16. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    If Riquelme doesn't come to Boca, it basically came down to one thing $$
    It means that he preferred to go withput playing for 6 months in Villareal than go to Boca Juniors but not have as high of a salary.

I know there will be some people that willswear at me or something about this, but it is sadly the truth. Riquelme is an idol, one of the best players in Boca Juniors history and one of my favorites. I've always supported him, but I can't in this situation. Sadly, he has chosen money instead though. Things like this really make you appreciate what Guille, Palacio (turned down many offers from Europe), Palermo (got offers after he came back from Boca, including one from Qatar), Ibarra, Battaglia etc

17. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Look b-soy no one here really knows the truth why this whole thing is going on whether its about money or not... he obviously wants to play as he is willing to eat sum of those $$$ 3 million dollars just to play at Boca so no its not about him being money hungry... He is already pretty damn rich .. truth is why might not ever know why he didn't resign w/ Boca....

18. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    believe what you want

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pellegrini is a moron. Whatever happened with Roman, he should put it in the past and invite him back on the team. He can help Villarreal, and that's the only way Villarreal can do anything this year.

If I was the ownership of the club I'd tell the gayina chileno to find a way to get Riquelme back on the field or else he's fired.