Roma Should Buy This Player

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Shawshank, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    MAn, I seriously suggest Roma look into buying Iranian Offensive Midfielder Ali Karimi, this guy is absolutly amazing. He's done really well over the summer, in a friendly "Iran vS As Roma" he did some amazing things, please , please check this video and give me ur opinion on him. Video has his games versus Germany (makes ballack slip) and AS Roma, watch and comment

Ali Karimi Video

NOTE" The guy who made this video is a bit of a fan , some of the things he says are kind of exaggration, I only gave him the clips, he made the compilation and music, but what matters is the videos of Ali Karimi

2. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Is he number 8 on Iran. I want that dude!!!!

3. romanista13

romanista13 New Member

Nov 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    This guy is truly the asian Diego Maradona... with him, dacourt, and mancini on midfield they would be unstoppable... definitely would be a good pick for Roma, but how much would he cost? :confused:

4. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Not much, he plays in UAE, a club named Al-Ahli and can't wait to move out.

5. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Has anyone heard of transfers to Roma. This guy is great, he did good in the Iran-Roma match a while back. I hope we get him!

6. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    I think Roma Officials forgot about him, but he seriously owned in the Iran VS Roma match, that first run was absolutly awsome.

7. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004

MAn, Karimi would've been perfect. Another European club will get him now and that won't be good, I wanted him in Roma man.

9. U2_4_life

U2_4_life New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    No offece. Who is that guy?

10. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    I know he's not famous and he plays in UAE but seriously just watch that clip of him I posted, he was terribly out of form for a year or so, he's back on form now.

Watch the clip

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    c'mon... i wouldnt base anything off of that clip! i can show ya a clip of a guy that plays sunday league football and you would be blown away.. tut tut
    there is a reason he is playing in the UAE~

12. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Dude don't make fun of the UAE. The guy obvisously has skills as he took on 2 or 3 Roma defenders in th highlights.

13. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a friendly where nobody wanted to risk injury by tackling hard.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes there is a reason and that's because he's the world's best-paid Asian player and can get a rich UAE club to pay 8 million dollars a year that he would not be getting in Europe. Otherwise, the guy has had offers from Atletico Madrid to Everton.

15. mtkstriker

mtkstriker New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Montauk,New York
    And he was turning the German defense inside out all game, causing them fits, and creating good opportunities. He is a dam fine player and once he gets a Euro club to shine on, he'll make his mark.

16. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

for one he is he the highest paid player in asia and would most likely not make as much in a big european club, so yes he would cost a pretty penny.

as for not basing anything off that clip, what about all the other clips and the fact that he has done well in international games against good-top competition?

17. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    he was top scorer of Asian Cup, he scored a hatrick against world cup semifinalists KOREA and eliminated them from the quarter finals. and he got Tournament Top SCorer Award, and is a nominee for Asia's most prestigous award, ASIAN PLAYER OF YEAR 2004. that movie is just quarter of what hes done in his career.
    he has over 30 goals for iran. hed be a great addition, and buddy, not any sunday night player can make a nuicance out of germany for 90 minutes, that video doesnt ahve his other chances on germany, he even had a one on one with the goalie. i hope roma picks him up
    dont underestimate him ppl

18. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Who cares Roma are not buying him so why are we still talking about this guy?

19. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Another Karimi thread. :rolleyes: The guy's the Persian Landon Donovan.

20. GianPaolo

GianPaolo New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Long Island, NY
  21. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Hit the nail on the head.

22. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    whys it too late
    theres the january transfer window
    theres next season
    always look to the future :)

23. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    What's the story on Taddei? I haven't seen many Sienna matches and I can't remember anything about him from the match against Roma, which is good and bad for Roma (good since Sienna was shut down but bad if he's on his way to Roma and couldn't make a dent). I don't place much trust in reports about Juve, Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Real buying a range of mid-level players because these reports seem to be about ratings and readership. If all the reports were true, each of these teams would have enough players to field 5 or 6 teams. With that said, I hope there is some truth because I can't remember the last time Wenger was wrong when it came to an international purchase. He's had a golden touch of late (esp. when it comes to Spanish talent--maybe he's working his way south). Take care.

24. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    No buddy, Landon Donovan is the American Ali Karimi ;)