Roma forbidden to make any trades or sell

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Dante, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    ya i cant see then turning roma down i mean it was way to harsh a fine would have been good enough

2. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Romanistas, any news? Is the transfer ban removed? :)

3. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i doubt they will make a decision today since its late at night in italy now so i guess everyone will have to wait untill tommorow

4. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  5. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    that would really suck for roma if they have to give back mexes or 8 million euros and then they still get banned too extremely unlikely but unfortunatly still possible

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    wednesday what is taking them so long it was just yesterday that it was said that they would be done it a day do you think this is good or bad for roma though because if its taking them along time it ussually means that they have doubts

8. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am providing two posts from another site, of a Romanista (Italiamia) with close ties to Roma's lawyer, Conti. These posts are provided as another source of information for your reading pleasure. Whether they are true, half-true or totally false are for you to decide. Italiamia has had a solid track record with this type of Roma club info...

1.) Jul 14 - "They have lifted the ban but it's not official yet. The delay in all of this is not so much that they will issue an opinion over the fee to Auxerre or an iterim order to suspend the ban pending a hearing on the matter. It is the fact that Fifa witheld documents from TAS that Fifa determined to be irrelevent to its decision to impose the ban. From what I hear, the documents tend to show some bias on the part of Fifa. TAS wanted all documentation on the matter. Fifa's intent was to have TAS reject the appeal in the first place. Since that did not happen, the delay in sending a complete record of the proceeding resulting in the ban has caused this delay.

The problem now is that Fifa purposely did this to hurt Roma's chances of getting the ban suspended. When the decision to suspend the ban is issued, we will have lost 3 weeks in this market. Whether we can still accomplish our objectives in this market is anyone's guess at this point. Fifa, probably realizing the punitive nature of their decision, wanted to hurt Roma to the extent that even if TAS lifts the ban, Roma still suffered from its effect. It is wrong, corrupt, and in my opinion, bordering on criminal. Sepp Blatter should be forced to resign."

2.) Jul 14 - "I am very confident that the ban will be lifted. TAS cannot rule until they have a complete record of the proceedings before Fifa. The difference between the two is that TAS is a court. The people making the decision are lawyers and judges, therefore, they have standards of conduct which the must follow before they make a decision. Fifa just does anything they want. They have no clear legal standards other than their rules and statutes. But, none of these people who make decisions on discipline are legal professionals, therefore, hearsay and and other types of unreliable information is admitted into evidence. Take this referece to various faxes between Baldini, Mexes' agent and Auxerre that Fifa stated was the smoking gun that resulted in the decision to impose the embargo on transfers.

Nobody has ever seen these faxes. Everyone involved aknowledged that they do not exist. Nevertheless, somebody says, oh yeah, we saw these faxes that clearly show Roma wanted Mexes to breach his contract. Where are the faxes? Well, they must have been destroyed, and well, Roma and Mexes agent are witholding this information so they must be guilty. It's a bunch of garbage. Mexes agent was not punished and Fifa had the power to punish him. No, but, Mexes lawyer, Dupont, who advised him that he could leave and sign with Roma received punishment. Why? Because of his history with Fifa in representing Bosman."

9. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. ASRomaFan

ASRomaFan New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    UAE Dubai
    can anyone please translate?

11. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    TAS has postponed its decison on the FIFA transfer to no sooner than next Wednesday. The appeal of the Auxerre fine is not as urgent and could take weeks/months to decide. The delayed decision is due to FIFA not meeting all of TAS's guidelines (initially not handing over all relevant documents). The extra time needed by TAS is to go over the document (fax) that was finally handed over by FIFA who did not explain the reason for not handing it over very well, and are now trying to save face.

12. ASRomaFan

ASRomaFan New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    UAE Dubai
    I was discussing this topic with my dad, although he hates roma, dont ask me why, but he feels the ban is too harsh and belives that blatter, not sure of the spelling :D, is one of the worst fifa president. he believes that this guy is corrupted and receives bribes, u never know!! HAVELANG,,, i want u back!!!

13. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    i could easily believe that he is corrupted along with the rest of the fifa board i mean come on 2 years for that its stupid, TAS shouldve had this done in like a day or 2 its a bonehead decision and that is to accept romas appeal

14. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Somehow, Moggi has something to do with this. I hope that it is discovered and proven that he and Sepp Blatter conspired on this fiasco. Haven't heard much from FIFA about the Juve doping situation, have we? But the Roma/Mexes/Auxerre issue is a major crisis for FIFA...whatever.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    jesus fvcking christ. you stole a player from another team and youre still bitching about how youre having to pay for it. roma got off easy. end of story. blaming this on Moggi is like blaming your hairy right hand on your mom.

16. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Every culturally challenged statement that you made was grossly inaccurate, and at best basically ignorant. But it was at least very entertaining. As usual Duck, thanks for stopping by and demonstrating your lack of class and knowledge to us all.

17. ASRomaFan

ASRomaFan New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    UAE Dubai
    lol

i really like this guy "bobarino" :)

18. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought I'd told Duck Manson to go back to 'Rep
    Whores Unite' and play with his friends there. Every-
    time he makes a comment in this thread it contains
    at least one stupidity and two absurdities; and this
    last one was flaming. Class.

I think I'll revise my signature to the line, "Why do
    I have a red square next to my name?"--which was
    Duck Manson's first comment in the Rep Whore
    thread. Before he got a little help from his friends ...

19. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The tone of this thread is starting to get out of hand. If you can't discuss this matter without obscenities and baiting then someone is going to suffer the consequences. Duck, you specifically have a habit of going into forums of teams you don't support and causing trouble, there is a term for that. I know you think you know everything, but if you had any idea how often I DON'T post something when I could potentially rip someone a new one... its just not worth it, and it causes more trouble than is neccessary. Also, a lot of times you are wrong believe it or not.

20. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was my moderator tone, now for my Jawz tone. Blaming this on Moggi is irresponsible, in my opinion. The blame for this is Roma's, because, unless I'm mistaken, they signed a player from a team who didn't want to transfer him. I could be wrong again in assuming that they haven't paid his transfer fully? Roma has a history of playing by its own rules own and off the pitch these last 3 years and its come back to bite them more than once now with stadium bans, player suspensions, and now this.

21. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our past transfer history with Chivu has not made this incident any easier -- that's true. However, the Mexes issue is truly wacked. In a nutshell; Mexes, his lawyer and his agent say they have a 4 million buyout provision in his Auxerre contract. Auxerre do not honor the execution of this clause blocking Mexes' transfer to Roma and try to sell him for more than the 4 million buyout in the open market. Mexes says piss off Auxerre, I'm exercising my buyout clause and going to Roma. 11 months later -- here we are dealing with FIFA, FIGC, TAS, CAS blah, blah, blah, blah.

I know too much about this issue. It's driving me nuts. An interesting side note though is that Mexes' French lawyer Dupont was fined, but not his agent Jouanneaux. His lawyer, Dupont is the same guy who repsented Bosman. Sepp (FIFA) has a long memory I'm sure, and pay back time is here -- at Roma's expense.

(The Moggi reference is standard Romanisti fare. If we're getting screwed, it's because of FIFA or Moggi or both, or some other Northern Club. It's nothing personal, it's just the way that it is.) ;)

BTW, when will Galliani rise up and defend us? Come out of your rain soaked hole in Milano, Galliani and defend Serie A!!!! (Moggi must be paying him to keep quiet). :D

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    well that would explain why juve says they dont have that much money to strait up buy players

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    surprise, surprise the people who keep delaying their decision kept on delaying their decision and watch friday will come and they will have said nothing or delayed it again

25. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    From what I understand, the ban has already been lifted, and standard TAS procedure is to present their decision to Fifa and Roma prior to the general public.

If you've been following this saga, Roma has recently been acting like they know TAS's decision is to lift the ban and are ready to get busy in this market period. The public announcement will be this Friday. Keep your finger crossed.

Forza Roma Sempre!!!