Rogerio Ceni: should he be in the World Cup roster?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Jovempan anchorpersons were saying that there is no way now that Carlos Alberto Parreira can refuse to cap Rogerio Ceni for the 2006 World Cup. Ceni had some marvelous saves today, especially that Gerrard free kick, and he kept his composure in the midst of a high-pressure Liverpool attack.

Ceni, as everyone recalls, was the 3rd goalkeeper in 2002. Dida was Marcos' immediate sub, but neither Ceni nor Dida saw any action.

Since 2002, the NT goalkeeper has been Dida. Dida has done a good job IMO and he has done well for AC Milan. However, is Dida still the finest available goalkeeper Brazil has? There is speculation that the same 3 goalies from 2002 will be capped, only Dida will start and Marcos will be the 2nd goalie, with Ceni as 3rd goalie again.

Does Ceni now deserve at least to be the 2nd goalkeeper? Have his performances in the 2005 Libertadores and World Club Cup earned him a spot? Let's recall that Marcos' magical year was 1999, yet there he was 3 years later as the starting goalie for Brazil in 2002.

2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    ultimately, the 2nd keeper really doesnt matter. there was spain in 2002 who lost Canizares when the guy "dropped a bottle of cologne on his foot" and then was cut. but whatever. dida definitely deserves to start. and i see no reason for julio cesar not being the second keeper. it then ends up being a battle between Gomes, Rogerio Ceni, and Marcos. I'm fine with either one as the third keeper. I'd probably pick either Marcos or Ceni though because they are more experienced.

3. Demon Dog

Demon Dog New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Off course he should be. He´s been playing like hell.

Agora postando em português, algo off-topic:

Alguém me explica o que houve aqui??? Visito aqui desde o ano 2000, sempre havia alguns mais esquentados, mas voltando a postar aqui agora percebi que as pessoas estão MUITO idiotas, não conseguem discutir nada, é somente xingamento pra lá e pra cá, algumas pessoas usando até mesmo o filme Cidade de Deus pra humilhar os brasileiros, posts totalmente preconceituosos, irritados. Isso não costumava ser assim

4. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Pôxa, embora freqüente há apenas dois anos, eu também notei isso, principalmente a partir de 2005. Provavelmente seja a explosão dos 'idiotescentes' no BS. E poucos têm senso de humor - e não vou nem falar em humor maduro. Todo mundo se leva muito a sério, especialmente os já citados.

5. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yes.. IMO he should be the 2 goalie. and julio cesar as the 3. but somehow i get the feeling that parreira wont be callin him .

6. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    He pulled off one great save when he went low with a number of bodies in the way. Glad to see he got rid of that ego RC shirt as well. He should eeither go as secnod choice (I would pick Marcos) or not at all - a younger guy should go to taste the Copa.

7. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Rogerio Ceni is by far the best brazilian goalkeeper for years. Only an idiot like Parreira cant see it.

Marcos is past his prime. Dida is awful with the feet, what kills possible counter attacks, and is equally awful when he has to "get out" of the goal to intercept balls.

But I really couldnt care less about him playing or not for Brazilian NT. As long as he keeps giving titles to us São Paulinos.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    If it did not bother you you would not have contributed here!!

9. Demon Dog

Demon Dog New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Mas também tem alguns euro-chatos aqui com o rei na barriga que eu vou te contar hein? Pessoal se acha o mais entendido do mundo em termos de futebol e quer porque quer te convencer que o Lampard é melhor que o Ronaldinho.

Aliás, a diferença maior de 5 anos pra cá foi a quantidade de europeus, ingleses principalmente. Como eles não tão ganhando mais nada em termos de futebol, a inveja deve ter subido a cabeça rsrs