Roda JC [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BPBlueSox, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Absolutely nothing happened BP. The only replay they had of the 'incident' was Kah and Nilson giving eachother just a little push, certainly no kicking or hitting involved.

Dumb-ass Linesman

2. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    pfffffft, how lame!

3. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Solid win yesterday.

4. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    True, true, beautifull free kick again by Cziommer, this guy is worth gold to us, let's hope we can sign him to a longer deal, although im afraid there might be more interested clubs after his performance last night

Anyway, we're on 35 points now, 3 points behind the number 10 AND the number 9, maybe we can still get to those play offs. For some reason, I don't see us beating Ajax anymore in the cup semi's...that reason? Huntelaar. :( but hey, it's cup football, anything can happen. as long as we've got cziommer.

5. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    draw against Sparta today, eventhough we were one man up for 45 minutes, they still pulled back (we also scored after Schenkel was sent off). Cziommer on a 35 meter shot, I really want to see this!

ah well...NEC won today so it looks like play-offs are definitly over for us. Maybe if RKC loses at Feyenoord tommorrow who knows.

But anyway, I really want to see that cziommer goal!

6. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Now you're making me want to stay awake to watch the show on Talpa later! What time does it start on Saturday anyways?

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    you just missed it. But there's a replay exactly twenty minutes from now. it's a real beauty.

8. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Ofcourse we aren't going to show the highlights from Ajax-PSV tonight, because that would make us lose a lot of viewers tomorrow. Instead, let's show the highlights tomorrow as one of the last games.

Arses!

9. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    what are you talking about? they did show the highlights last night on talpa :confused:

10. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Aaaah. A friend told me they were going to show it only tonight. Someone is going to get his arse kicked tomorrow!

11. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    lot's and lot's of news...and good news!

First, we're doing everything in our power to keep Cziommer. FC Twente want him too though, but they haven't had contact with him yet. Stevens has stated Cziommer told him he would like to stay (VI magazine, no link) and Cziommer supposedly has told fans after the sparta game in 'the kick-off' (supporters area, players sometimes mingle) 'twente is not an option' (www.rodajcfans.nl). All in all I think we make a good shot at keeping him.

Next up: Marcel Meeuwis.

The VVV Venlo midfielder joins Roda for after the season. VVV was doing great, he got an injured shoulder and they basically fell apart. Fee wasn't disclosed.

and last but not least, Roda is interested in Helmond winger Marcel de Jong. The left winger/midfielder was born in canada and was active for canada at the WYC in Holland last summer.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I had been meaning to profess my support for Roda JC for a while. Somehow, I had not gotten around to it, but Roda is my favorite Dutch team. :) Having said that, does anybody know where I could find a jersey and if they would ship to the US?
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Metro

13. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Wow! Wow! What happened here?! man the number of Roda JC fans in this place just doubled!

Hey man, how come you support Roda? hey, it's semi's of the national cup, in Amsterdam, against Ajax. If we win this one, and PSV beat AZ, we'll play in UEFA next season. If we lose, we'll have to play play-offs for an Intertoto ticket. I'm going wednesday :)

About that shirt, visit www.rodajc.nl, go to fanshop and you'll probably find it. They're generally rather co-operative, but if they can;t ship abroad, PM me.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It is rather funny, how I started cheering for Roda to tell you the truth (a few would find it embarrasing it even).
    I had always followed Dutch soccer, but usually for me to start liking a European team from country "X" I would wait till a team would sign a Chilean player.
    F'noord signed Pardo, but he has never turned out to be what many hoped, and Ajax and PSV are too big for me to want to support. Getting to the point, last year playing WE 8, I started using RJC, and did quite well (won the Dutch Cup in the game, as a matter of fact). Hence, my support goes to Roda-and my favorite player being Vicelich.
    Metro :)

15. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    WE 8 = Pro Evolution Soccer 4?

that is not emberassing at all! that's the greatest football game there is! and you winning the cup there is a great sign for wednesday

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yep, WE8= PES 4.
    Right now, I am struggling a bit since Kone is with PSV :confused: but I am still in the fight.

17. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    How do you mean?

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    W/o Kone is hard for me to find a goal-scoring threat, though my team's defense has kept me alive. I rely on what Cristiano and Sonko can do a lot.
    Metro

19. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Kone and scoring goals?:D

20. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I think it's not completely fair to judge him after two poor matches against Ajax and Lyon. Sure those are big matches, but the game before Lyon he scored twice against Heerenveen. He'll get there, although I do believe he suited roda's style of play far better than PSV

21. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    I know. I just like to say that. :p

22. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Congrats on the win.

23. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    The winning goal by Sonko:

[​IMG]

24. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    We love you Olaf, We do! We love you Olaf, we do! Oh, Olaf we love you!

Like I always say...Revenge is a dish best served in the 89th minute.

Like van Basten once said: Ik had hem liever nog een minuutje later gehad.

Linkerrijtje! What no game thread?!

25. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    het is stil...:eek: :D