Roda JC [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BPBlueSox, Dec 23, 2005.

1. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    There ya go, Joep. Figured a Limburg side needed a thread. ;)

2. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Haha, Wow, I'm honored. Let's see if we can make this darling pop up so high on the boards as often as Johan's Twente thread. Thanks BP. Anyway, I'll be the first one to post a quite interesting news bit in here (seems only right no?)

Jean-Paul Saeijs is leaving ADO for Roda. Saeijs will sign a contract soon in Kerkrade, that will tie him to the club for four years. The Limburgers do not have to pay a transfersum, as Saeijs contracts with Den Haag ends in June.

The anouncement of the deal comes at an akward time, as Roda faces Den Haag at home next monday

Additional info: Left Back Lachambre has renewed his contract and has signed on another extra two-and-a-half years, tieing him to the club for another three years.

I think it's great news we've finally managed to pull in a player of the caliber of Saeijs. He's arguably ADO's most important man and should provide some stability in our terribly shaky defense. Only team to concede more than us is RBC I think (we also score quite alot, fortunatly). It will be the first transfer under our new err...Algemeen Directeur and I think it's a positive step we are finally looking at the Dutch market, something our departing AD Nol Hendriks never did.

Also, rumours on the Roda JC sites are that Bodnar is leaving the club for either Switzerland or Austria after this season, and that we could recieve as much as 1 million euro for him. I see a downside and an upside to it. Offensively, he brings quite alot, although he sometimes over does it. Defensively however, I can't remember how many times an opponents attack caught him in the back. I regret to see him go, because he represents the mineworkers mentality we like to see at Roda a bit (again, sometimes he overdoes it) but I think the club should do it. After all, he is a rightBACK, first and foremost.

Discuss! (and keep this thread afloat with me! pretty please :eek: )

3. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Well deserved. After all, you did kick some Feyenoord arse! ;) :D

4. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    We most certainly did. Too bad I don't know that many Feyenoord fans, most of them are either Ajax or NEC (only two). It makes it harder to gloat when your friends congratulate you on something like this :)

Anyway, I'll post some more, there's quite a buzz on the Roda sites because it finally looks like we're getting what we have wanted for so long (That is, if PSV can cough up the money for Kone): A makeover. lots of cuts/sales, new fresh players. It may set us back for a while, but in the end, it will be for the good. Hendriks has meant so much for the club, but it's time for a change. Kone has been his last big bang.

We got a very good staff this year but hardly any new faces on the field. this group needs a boost of some sort, and I'm hoping that the amstel cup can do the trick. Only two more really good games and we'll be playing in europe next season. We'll be this seasons willem II :eek: . It's been too long since I made the trip to an Amstel Cup finale, 2000 and 1997 were really cool.

5. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Director of the board Kuijer announces 2-4-6 step plan

Finally it looks like we're getting some fresh blood. lots of it, actually, within the year, Roda should have 6 new players. 2 this winterperiod, two in the summer (one of which is Saeijs) and two more in the winterperiod of next year. With these transfers they hope to restore the balance in the team to fit the clubculture better, i.e. more hard working players.

Also, to finance some of these transfers, Bodnar will definitly leave in january and also Gregroor van Dijk (bloody only dutchman we nearly have!) will leave. his contract ends this july, so the club will try to sell him this period, most likely to utrecht. Let's just hope we don't sign Thange, I don;t like him

I'm hopin Meeuwis of VVV Venlo is included in this plan. anybody seen him play?

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i've seen him 3 or 4 times, a nice little midfield player

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    you think he'd hack it at Roda?

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    well, i doubt he's star material, but he can be a very poor man's van bommel-type

he's pretty energetic and moves the ball along pretty well - he's not really great at anything, but does everything fairly well

9. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    We'll we're not looking for a star, we're looking for a few people who want to do the dirty work. I hope VVV will let him go

10. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Errr... :(

Het Brabants dagblad reports that Bill Gillessen, former mental coach of Roda JC and now working at FC Utrecht, has stated that several former Roda JC players are criminals. He names Regillio Vrede (now Top Oss) and Zljeiko Kalac (Now AC Milan). Vrede, he says, did coke and Kalac reportedly threatened the late Theo Pické with a firearm.

:confused:

I don;t know ik there's any thruth to this, Roda managment and the former players in question have denied this rightaway. But these two players did leave with a lot of problems, as did Bill Gillessen, cause he failed to get results.

This sucks. It hurts the reputation of the club. Anybody ever heard any of this before?

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow! Our first win in Kerkrade since 1985 :eek: 1-3

And not undeserved either. Roda was better in adjusting themselves to the snowy pitch in the first half and took the lead. Second half saw chances on both sides, but we grew stronger and were able to take control the last quarter of the game. 2 goals in 10 mins, numerous corners and a header on the bar. Things could've been different if Roda converted some of their chances on the breakaway, but lucky for us they didn't. Nevland sealed the deal with his first of the season and Groningen's 3rd.....

12. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    And it was a well deserved win, Sorry for the belated congratulations, but i've been pretty damn sick (not from the loss, well, also, but that's not what I meant) We just gave it away in the final 10 minutes, nothing new there, but we really should have finished it earlier.

But alas,

Moer about the transfer rumblings at Roda

t's final Salzburg has bought Lazlo Bodnar, his shots will be sorely missed, as will his fighting spirit (think those scouts of Salzburg might not know how literally it is?), but not the numerous times he let an attacker slip behind him. Now, I'm hoping for paul verhaegh of FC den Bosch, which is probably never gonna happen, but I can still hope.

And more good news, it looks like Roda is interested in Simon Cziommer! He played on loan at Twente for two seasons I think, from Schalke, but he didn;t make it there. I would be very happy if we signed him, a very good player, can score a goal, familiar with the dutch football league culture and the language. It would be a great signing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Twente got involved in this. Can our resident Twente fan perhaps shed some light on that possibility?

Also, happy newyears people

13. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    wow, that would be a big signing for them if they get cziommer. i thought he was very good for twente the few times i saw him play.

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    cziommer has agreed a loan until the end of the season

15. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    And Bodnar and Filipovic are out. Bodnar as expected to Salzburg and Filipovic to his former club Lokeren. Shame for the guy really, he could have gone to PSV earlier this year, Huub wouldn't let him go without a replacment and now he can go to Lokeren. well, he still lived there anyway so....

Cziommer comming is great news, although i hope he doesn't play well for the coming six months (well, I do hope that part) and then signs with another club, seeing as how is contract with schalke expires. Why we aren't attempting to sign him right now is beyond me. i'ts not as if he's unproven or something. maybe he doesn't want to? btw apparently he came because of Stevens being our coach. :D

16. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Convincing win Joepie!

17. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    not bad, although I'm not really convinced of de Fauw just yet, it's at least a clear change of direction, looking at players in this league, who have experience and know the football culture, something Hendriks never even tried to.

We also appointed a new head scout, who also emphasizes the regional character Roda should have and that he;ll be working to achieve that.

And about the NAC win, Cziommer was really really good in that one. I can't say how happy I am with him on the team and I hope we can convince him to stay. I think several Roda fangroups are already working on stuff like that, to make him feel welcome and accepted, to hope he has such a good half year that he is prepared stay.

but as for the win, it's NAC. I don't think there's a whole lot of teams out there that wouldnt beat them in their current state, and I wouldnt be the least surprised if they had to play Nacompetitie.

Imagine that

16: NAC
    17: Willem II
    18: RBC

three teams from brabant, it could happen (well, probably not)

18. Tvos

Tvos New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Caboolture,Qld,Aust
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nice to see a Roda thread. Although I'm one of johan's Twente mates, I've had an interest in Roda since the number 2 keeper in our national team, Kalac, played for you.

19. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Well then you've probably heard about the charges made against him by a former mental coach? He is supposed to have threathened our former chairman, but personally, I don't believe that.

20. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    weren't those comments already written off as complete bullsh!t from a frustrated ex-employee?

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    not really. But kalac and Vrede are going to court about it. Maybe I missed a retraction on his part?

22. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    I can't believe there is a Roda thread. It's my Dad's team from when he was a coal miner back in Holland. He is still alive and likes to talk about the old days. Since my team moved to Houston, I'll have to keep up. My Mom brought some Roda gear back in September, for my seven and eight year olds, and they get curious looks.

23. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    If you're looking for a present for your dad sometime and you really haven't a single clue what you should get him, may I suggest the official Roda book. they sell it at the rodajc.nl online fanshop, and if you mail them about you're situation I'm sure they consider sending it to the states. they did everything they could to send it to me in time for my dad's 50th birthday. it's a very good photo-book, which also has lots of very nice photo's of the early Roda days in it.

24. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Hmm, good news?

My dad just called me that he found a cafe in Oss (where my parents live and I visit them in most weekends, such as this one) that actually has versatel :eek: . they'll show Feyenoord-Roda and i can watch it live.

As opposed to the cup win, this match is of course in Rotterdam, which makes a big big difference BUT

we have cziommer now :) and with taht a decent, well organized midfield! (for the first time in about 5 years!) and it's really really cold so maybe Kalou will not be as good as usual? it actually seems to matter!