rock concert 8/24 before game

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Tickets for the 8/24 match, per a conversation with my ticket rep this afternoon, are already VERY VERY scarce.

Get them now.

Get them now.

3. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a section 8 ticket for sale for this game. I can not make it. I'll have it with me tonight. First to bring me the head of Quigley or $12 gets the ticket (face value is $15). Actually just bring me $12.

4. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Are you trying to tell us that Quigley isn't worth that much?

5. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I faxed in an order for that Saturday night game with New England. Then the Fire rep called me this afternoon said that tickets are going really good for the game.

6. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    just spoke with my ticket rep. All premier ($25) tickets for Saturday are gone for the general public, only ones left are being held for the season ticket holders (and I just took 5 of those!) Should be a packed house. How much longer will we have all 15k seats before bleacher reduction starts?

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought behind the goal seats would be reduced starting this game 8/24, to a total capacity of around 12,500, unless they have changed their minds.

8. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    we were able to get one more game at current capacity...1,500 seats go bye bye after saturday.

peter

9. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Thanks for the update Mr. Wilt!

10. Lowdiggity

Lowdiggity New Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Chicago
    I must have missed something. why are they getting rid of seats?

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because of the college's football team needing the space.

12. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    The soccer pitch at Cardinal is 110 yards long. The football field (including the end zones) is 120 yards. That distance is right at the very front of the lower level end zone seats. That is really crowding the football field end zones. In other words there would be no run-off area beyond the end of the end zone. That might tend to inhibit receivers just a bit from going all out for a pass at the back of the end zone.

So, I expect what they will be doing is removing the lower section (the front eight rows) of both sets of end zone bleachers. That's 804 seats from each end or a total of 1608 seats.

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    More banner room!