Rochester "Friendly" Monday night

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Merlin172, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Rumor around Arrowhead last week has it that the Wizards are going to send a combination of benchwarmers, Riverhounds, and Brass (but mostly Brass) up to Rochester for this match.

There's no worse insult than thinking you're gonna be playing an MLS squad and end up facing a bunch of semi-pro PDL guys.

2. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Head over to the USL board if you want to catch the fever that is Rochester/KC friendly action.

(Note: More cowbell will NOT cure this particular fever)

3. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The ticket prices for this match range from $11 to $19. I can't believe anyone would pay this price for this match.

Oh well, I guess they can pretend they're getting revenge.

4. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    shouldnt the game be over by now?

5. LSNsoccer362238

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    http://www.wysl1040.com/

sounds like their talking about the game...its over and it sounds like rochester won when they brought starters in in the 2nd half

6. LSNsoccer362238

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    if you dont wanna know the score....DONT READ ON
    you have been warned.
    2-0, Rochester. Thats all I know.

7. mojo10

mojo10 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Rocky Mtn Hi CO.
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Heard from a source that this was almost an MLS all-star benchwarmer's team playing against Rochester. There were only a handful of actual Wizards playing-the usual exhibition lot (Davy, Brunt, Bo, Q. Garcia, Brown,and Vermes the only "regulars"), while the rest were "guest" players from a bunch of other MLS teams. Guys like Shaker Asad, Chino Alegrio from DC, couple from Columbus and Dallas. I'll bet they loved wearing Wizards blue.

That's alright. Our boys in blue have had a tough haul the last few weeks. Most deserved to stay in KC and rest up for the 5 goal thumping they need to just draw Morelia on Wed(whatever!).

Time for the lads to peak and exact a little payback on Chi-town this weekend.

8. SoccerTown USA

Mar 20, 1999

Attendance 9,215 (not bad for a Monday)
    About 5,500 season ticket holders already paid for the game through their season ticket package.

9. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    yawn.. what difference does the season ticket numbers make? That's 9215 for a monday at a baseball stadium.. We have shown comparable numbers for all weekday evening matches..

The match wasn't that bad.. McKeon also started for you.. Not sure about who else (bad PA).. I could have sworn that was Chino.. I at least am not crazy by thinking he was there.. Rough injury to Asad?? (I think).. He looked rough..

Good luck against Morelia.. We hope you can make up the difference! Do us proud