Robin, remember my dream sequence? Read on!!!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by elchico, Oct 25, 2004.

1. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
  2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it seems likely to me. it would be a cheap option, davids wants out i'm sure, and i am sure inter really wouldn't mind. i only hope that barca offer to only pay very little of his wage. it would be even better if inter said he was only allowed to be loaned if he accepted much lower wages, that would be justice.

here is the question though...where would he be better for barca; deco's or motta's position?

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Motta's. Hell he could even fit in at Left-back if necessary. It'd be a bit weird for us to Loan Davids AGAIN! I'd be like.."Look who's back, how's the Bench in Milan feel?"

4. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Looks like conflicting viewpoints in the boardroom:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...CLID=&lid=10&title=Barca+in+Dacourt+admission

...However, one player Los Cules will definitely not be signing is Internazionale star Edgar Davids.

The Dutchman has failed to hold down a starting berth with the Nezazzurri since joining, but Beguiristain insists his decision to snub Barca last summer has ruined any chance of a return to the club where he spent six months on loan last season.

"The situation is different to last year," he declared. "Davids already knew us and he preferred to go to another club. That's that."

I'd love to see him back myself. We will soon see how badly the bridge was burnt in the summer.

5. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    You're exactly right Chrisc...two completely different viewpoints...how can that be? How can the President say: We maintain VERY GOOD relations with Davids while Tixi says what's done is done. I say Laporta + Rijkaard = Final Word. Both are pro Davids. I'd kill to have him Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'd be just like old times!!!

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wrong.
    WRONG!
    Giuly, Eto'o, Deco, and Belletti were not around last year, last year Barcelona was not in the CL, last year Barca was not leading the league in October, this year is and will be better! :D
    anyway, ya i want davids back, it just has to be that he gets less money so he looks like the chump, not barca.

7. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Totally true. What I meant by old times was:
    *Winter Transfer Window
    *Rumours
    *Davids
    *Pitbull Bringing His A Game!!!!

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    davids would be nice, but i think we can do better. he isn't getting any younger, and i think there are more than a few people who might not be very welcoming to him after the way he left. i think the idea of dacourt is kind of growing on me. he was excellent fro roma last season, i haven't seen roma much this season. tachinardi also sounds good to me, although only as a temporary solution until the summer.

9. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i gotta say, the more i think about it, the more I fall into the

PHVCK DAVIDS camp

That gillipolla had the chance to finish out his career here and screwed us after leaving us in a lurch all spring and summer, i think bringing him back would send the wrong message to this team

let him sit his dreadlocked melon on the bench in northern italy and count his money

enjoy you idiot, stop listening to your agent and realize that unless you are a total moron, you are set for life financially and could have stayed to play with the blaugrana

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ok, even though i am a davids fan, i do hold it against him for choosing inter...but we must look at the whole picture.

davids never had a real contract or obligations to barcelona. he was in a bad situation and wanted a loan move for 6 months.
    davids came to barca for the 6 months, played great, caused no trouble, and seemed to be well liked by fans and team mates.
    i do believe he chose inter for money, but maybe their were some other factors such as wanting his family to live there or some crap.

point being...he was a barca loanee, never a true player due to his contract. it would not be as if a player requested a transfer to chelsea for higher money, got stuck on the bench, and wanted to return. he and barca were a one night stand with a chance at something more...there shouldn't be hard feelings, which means if he is willing to come back we should accept him with open arms :D

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but Davids DID turn his back on Barca. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't ever want to see Davids at Nou Camp again. He showed where his loyalties lie, and they are not with Barca.

I hope he does well somewhere, just not here.

12. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I tend to agree that Davids did let us down and went for money instead.
    But when I think about the difference he made after January.Remember!.
    Our club have a history of our hubris sometimes getting the better of us.
    If getting Davids would equal gaining the Liga title then I'm all for it and let's forget about the past.
    That is our desperate I am for the La Liga title this year.

13. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    btw, Has Davids already played in the Champions League or not?
    La Liga is too easy (beleive me, we're gonna win it, ain't nothing gonna stop us), we need him for the Champions League.
    Dacourt is just as old, if not older than Davids, and nowhere near as good. He did turn his back on us, but really, who know what actually happened behind the scenes...If Laporta says we maintain good relations with him, well, let bygones be bygones :D
    Anyways, it's still just a pipe dream, but it's fun to discuss...

14. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he has logged some minutes in the CL in the early stages...which significantly lowers his value, but..yes he would provide needed cover and all...but I am still pissed at him for turning his back on us

15. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca needs no player. The Blaugrana is only for those who want to wear it.

16. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AMEN.

We are Barca. We shouldn't have to woo players. Read the papers, the best players, and brightest prospects in the world dream of one day doning La Blaugrana. HE turned his back on US. He was given the opportunity to play for Barca and he refused.

Let him ride the pine in Milan, and watch someone else succeed in his role with Barca.