Robin Dutt Fired

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Brandon313, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Title says it all. At this rate, we will be in the relegation fight soon. What does everyone else think? Furthermore I dont think the blame rests solely with Schaaf, Allofs has sure made some questionable decisions regarding signings (or the lack of signings), Silvestre in particular...

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I am simple speechless about what is happening ... :mad:

3. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As smart as Werder has traditionally been regarding good (and budget savvy) acquisitions, this season's efforts have been terrible all-around. Bad additions by KA - seemingly no regard to team chemistry and at best, a complete blunder in how Oezil was handled and not replaced. Poor coaching decisions and uninspired play. We've had some key injuries, most notably, Naldo....but that alone is no excuse for the poor effort we are now witnessing.

May as well blow it up and start over. It's been a good ride with KA and TS, but sometimes the message gets old when it comes from the same guy for that long. Something definitely needs to change.

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    At Stuttgart it is the same sh*t for years. We get raped by a team without offensive creativity. All Stuttgart can offer is good counters. Even a 6 year old could create a tactics to get the points there, but TS and the players are too stupid to sense it. The defenders stand, as often, 40 metres in front of the own goal, the midfield and offense has less space to pass the ball and create chances, the ball gets lost, counter -> goal.

So much to the coaching, another point is the players. Aaron Hunt played last year a good season compared to the ones. If I would be unfair, I would say, he only did it for a contract extension. What he currently offers is nothing. The guy thinks he is a superstar, but he is nothing more than a sausage. Mikael Silveste gave interviews that his performances are ok. Hello, in which world does this guy live? He should play in a pub team league, he is far away from BL standard. It is like the team plays every match with 5-6 players, because some totally suck, week in, week out. Next one the manager, who says that his transfers are good. The only good transfer is Wesley, who was beside Wiese the only player with a normal performance. Arnautovic is a mood football player, who can do wonders on a good day, judges himself on that performances, but most of time he acts like an arrogant prick (Hunt syndrome). Silvestre is already a bad transfer and that Allofs criticizes the fans for booing him shows, that our general manager lost the contact to the fanbase and to the reality. The next ones are the bench players like Jensen or Borowski. They are the ones, who could have benefit from the current injury misery, but they aren't hot on success. All they do is strengthening the position of the starting eleven players, who don't need to go to the limit to defend their place in the team.

And I think this is the reason for the current mess. Everybody at Werder is too happy with the things reached in the last years, whether it is the management/coaching staff, the saturated players and the fans. Yes, I feel saturated, too. That is the only explaination, the people are saturated and so don't use their potential.

5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same here. And I'm certain none of us means just yesterday.

6. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luckily I wasn´t able to see yesterdays game. Still, Schaaf and Allofs should be replaced! I can´t see this happening though, Allofs is president and manager at the same time and he seems to stick to Schaaf in every situation.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Schaaf and the players should go into a pub, drink some beer and speak about the problems. That is a good way to improve the missing team spirit.

8. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be silly for you guys to jettison Schaaf and Allofs, particularly the former. If you do, we'll gladly take them.

9. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, and then piss it all away again

edit - it just occured to me that maybe they got the a** kicking they deserved. if this doesn't stir thier spirit then nothing will. two big games ahead: frankfurt at home and schalke away. after such a defeat i assume they will smash the former and do well to push down the desperate latter...that is, if they have any teeth they will.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I totally agree with you.

And Frankfurt will test them.........

11. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    How many thrashings is it going to take...?? FEUER THOMAS SCHAAF HEUTE!!!!

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Allofs won't do it. Schaaf is his guy.

The only way anyone goes is if Schaaf quits or they both are fired.

Or they will both stay and eventually turn this thing around.

My guess is the latter. They will eventually turn this thing around.

13. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.

This are going to be painful the rest of this year, but these two guys WILL turn it around.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you mean the calendar year 2010, I agree.

I think these guys will get this team back on track as quickly as the start of the second half of this season.

I believe the only question to be answered is, "How bad will the damage from this first half of the season be?" :eek:

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The current situation is horrible. I don't know what happened with the established players and the injury misery also scares me. Well, Schaaf nominated some joungsters for the CL match. Hopefully the new faces can bring some new spirit into the dead team: Clemens Schoppenhauer, Lennart Thy, Pascal Testroet, Niklas Andersen, Onur Ayik, Felix Kroos.

Nevertheless I expect a spanking. :(

16. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a spanking is quite likely. That said, I'm thrilled to see Kross and Thy get a run out. I've no doubt they will give their all for Das W auf dem Trikot

17. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm jumping onto the "Fire Thomas Schaaf" bandwagon.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Schaaf does too.

This is probably to "shake up" the "established" guys.......

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I just hope the established player feel a bit of responsibility to provide the youngsters a fair start. I really hope so.

20. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would jump on the other bandwagon first, the one where Bremen make the Champions League every single year and his boss doesn't spend any money.. or if it does, it's either on total flops or only attacking players as if he's playing a videogame. Total idiot

21. dkm1469

dkm1469 Member

May 5, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, somebody had better shake something. Good grief! Did someone actually use that nasty 'R' word in one of the other threads. That thought makes me apprehensive.....:(

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The main problem is IMHO, that Werder has compared to former years no working axis of key players. In the past, that was a good goalie, a defense boss, a strong defensive midfielder, a very creative playmaker and an efficient striker. The rest of the team was built around these players.

We still have a good goalie with Wiese, but all the other key players are either injured (Naldo, Pizarro), missed/sold or completely out of form (Mertesacker, Frings). Without such working fundament it is really hard to play successful football.

The reasons for that misery could be the long holiday of the WC players after the tournament, very late transfers (Allofs (tries to) save money that way, but new players are directly thrown into the water), the injury situation (there are too many injured players, the medical department must be questioned), isolated groups of players within the squad, ...

Schaaf must quickly manage to sort his team into players, that can help him and those, who can't, and trust the first kind of players, while the others must be sorted out. There the manager is demanded. KA should not give too many press statements about every fuss, but concentrate on his main jobs, looking with Schaaf for players, that strengthen the team (by their class, potential or personality). And other parts of the management should asked themselves about their work, too.

23. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here is a blast from the past! This thread is from 2 seasons ago and now we see with 20/20 hindsight what has come back to haunt us.

So now I have a question for all of you, whom would you like to see replace KATS? Will Lothar be visiting Bremen again soon? Oli Bierhoff? Rudi? Ballack...lol! Well I don't rightly know what any of these names are up to these days but there must be some realistic potentials and would like to discuss.

24. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    I honestly don't care who replaces him. Haha irresponsible I know, but as the author of this thread two years ago, I still just want Schaff and Allofs gone.

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Whoever will become Schaafs successor won't have an easy job. Many people will compare the results with Schaaf ones until 2008. When Rehhagel left in the mid 90s it took many coaches until we had a competitive team again and that was build from 1999 on by Schaaf and Allofs.

But I also think something must be done. This season many players have been replace by young ones, but they make similar mistakes compared to the old players in the last seasons. :(