Roberto Baggio The Inspiring Man On The Pitch

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by thewinner, Feb 17, 2021.

1. thewinner

thewinner BigSoccer Yellow Card

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 8, 2021
    Roberto Baggio The Inspiring Man On The Pitch By Our Challenger TheWinner

Roberto Baggio born 18 February 1967 is an Italian former professional footballer who mainly played as a second striker, or as an attacking midfielder, although he was capable of playing in several offensive positions he played to Vicenza 1982 to 1985 and he scored 13 he played to Fiorentina 1985 to 1990 and he scored 39 he played to Juventus 1990 to 1995 and he scored 78 he played to A.C. Milan 1995 to 1997 and he scored 12 he played to Bologna 1997 to 1998 and he scored 22 he played to Inter Milan 1998 to 2000 and he scored 11 he played to Brescia 1995 to 1997 and he scored 45 He played 490 matches, scored 220 goals. Baggio played for Italy in 56 matches, scoring 27 goals, and is the joint fourth-highest goalscorer for his national team, alongside Alessandro Del Piero. He starred in the Italian team that finished third in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, scoring twice. At the 1994 World Cup, he led Italy to the final, scoring five goals, received the World Cup Silver Ball and was named in the World Cup All-Star Team. Although he was the star performer for Italy at the tournament, he missed the decisive penalty in the shootout of the final against Brazil. At the 1998 World Cup, he scored twice before Italy were eliminated by eventual champions France in the quarter-finals. Baggio is the only Italian to score in three World Cups, and with nine goals holds the record for most goals scored in World Cup tournaments for Italy, along with Paolo Rossi and Christian Vieri . He was distinguished by speed, skill, agility, and wonderful dribbles. He dribbled as if he were drinking water He had an overwhelming presence and is considered one of the best players throughout history He had a charming free kick Conclusion We enjoyed Baguio very much With his exceptional skill, overwhelming presence, brilliant goals and deadly dribbling he is one of the best players in history without any doubt .

Add Your Own Report And Takes A Points
    https://www.soccerthrone.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Soccer-Throne-102888341779312

[​IMG]

2. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great player and a joy to watch. I attended may of the 1994 WC Games and the final. While I was cheering for Brazil, Italy was probably the better team and it was kind of sad to see his PK go over the crossbar. Ironically, I was just looking at my collection of player cards from the 1994 WC. I hadn't looked at them in 10-15 years.

thewinner repped this.
  3. thewinner

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 8, 2021
    I am glad you remember these wonderful days
    This match was great
    I remember even though I was cheering for Brazil
    I cried when Roberto Baggio missed the penalty kick

4. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I'll let you guess who my all time favorite player was! :)

5. thewinner

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 8, 2021
    roby i'm sure Roberto Baggio

roby repped this.