Robert Warzycha..

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ryankozlowski, Jul 13, 2005.

1. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This discussion reminds me of something that always pops into my head while waiting in lines for slop (food) at sporting-event concession stands nowadays.

I think it's a great idea to have volunteers staffing concession stands in order to raise funds for (insert organization here)'s charity. What this does, however, is slow the lines down BIG TIME. I recall being at a Cincinnati Reds game a few weeks back, and hearing one of the workers (a guy from some church in Cinci) called every name in the book for being slow. I wonder how badly this move towards volunteers hurts concession sales, especially in combination with the crap food that's on offer.

I know I'd stand in line all day for a Balti Pie....still can't find a damned importer though, Bill.

2. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    God bless you and anyone who could make this happen.

3. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try the North Market

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread has maybe two sentences about Bob, the rest are about bitching about the food at the stadium. :D

5. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gaelic imports is gone, sadly.

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

...just the way things used to be before Andrulis started to foul things up.

7. PVancouver

PVancouver Member

Apr 1, 1999
    From Kyle Martino's Soccernet Chat...

Jamal , Hartford ,CT: Hello Kyle. Many people people believe that Greg Andrulis stunted your growth as a player. Do you believe the coaching change will be better for your development as a player.

Kyle Martino : (2:04 PM ET ) Yeah, I think Bobby is going to take more of an active role in trying to make me a more dangerous player. He's already tinkering with positions to get me into the attack a little more.

Craig, Wilmington, OH: Kyle, why haven't you been playing the full 90 in most of the matches? It seems to me that you were pulled many times when you were the only player still giving 100%. Do you think you'll see more full games now?

Kyle Martino : (2:13 PM ET ) Yeah, I think I will see more full games. Greg's idea was to take some of the off. players out to assure a tie or keep things the way they were. Bobby differs. He will be asking more of me and keeping me out there in the latter minutes. I'm glad to see that hopefully change.

8. Nonesuch

Nonesuch Member

May 16, 1999
    Old Gridania
    Best breakfast I ever had was a charcoal-grilled brat on a cool, crisp, September morning in the unknown little town of Alfeld-an-die-Leine, about 30 miles south of Hannover. I'd picked up some produce in the market and the local butcher was there with his home made sausage and a grill about the size of the QE2.

9. Nonesuch

Nonesuch Member

May 16, 1999
    Old Gridania
    Wjatever happened to Nelly's Curry Pot?

10. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Sodexho (or however they spell it) is a French company that services a number of EPL stadiums. So, how hard should it be to get them to bring a great football tradition like the pies to their one soccer specific client in the US.

I say bring on the pies and personally I would pay a good deal of money to be able to get curry fries in this city.

11. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A business idea is starting to form in this rock-hard head of mine.....

12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now here's some interesting stuff:

We are proud to be a part of your event experience at Crew Stadium. Whether you are grabbing a hot dog during half time, picking up candy for the kids or enjoying hors d'oeuvres in the suites, we strive to make each and every experience with us a memorable one.

Or maybe

"Whether you're a meaningless peasant standing in line while incompetent volunteers take 35 minutes to serve you a warm Sierra Mist and a flavor-free pretzel, or whether you're one of the people with access to actual, edible food that will not send you to to Riverside's ER, we're happy to take you for every dollar you've got, and then send you to one of the convenient Bank One ATM's for more"

http://www.performancegourmet.com/crewstadium/suite.html

Notice how they've "spent decades" developing the food they serve at Crew Stadium.

Of course, they mean the food they serve to people who actually matter, not the swill they sell the average customer. I doubt if they had much input into the development of Johnsonville Brats or Stale Nachos and Imitation Velveeta.

They have the whole place locked up tight: they are the ones who hold exclusive rights to every drop of beer and wine served on the premises.

Speaking of which, does anyone else remember the little bar over in The Wreck Room? They served mixed drinks, but didn't they also have a small selection of real beers?

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Hold on. You've gone too far this time...

[​IMG]

You don't make fun of the stale chips and radio-active nacho cheese.

That stuff is excellent. Julia Child would be proud.

14. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We prod because we care; we've seen the light and we want you to share in our joy.

Without getting all spiritual on you, y'know Adam and Eve were vegetarians before the Fall. In God's perfect world we'd all eat Boca burgers. (insert huge smilie)

Oh and Salem was probably the highlight of the bike trip. At this mom and pop cafe we stopped in (across from the railroad depot) this one lady offered to let us sleep in her front yard. She even sweetened the offer by offering us a nickel sack. That was before all the workers started serenading us with dance to the song Achy Breaky Heart on the jukebox.

15. futballpunk

futballpunk New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Temperance, MI
    I'd love some veggie dogs or boca burgers at the games. I always end up eating a greasy Donatos cheese pizza because it's pretty much my only option. Not that I don't like it, but it'd be nice to be able to get something else. Better yet, Weurth needs to get some vegetarian foods in the pressbox.

16. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Dawn Breaks over I-71. BOB likes OFFENSE....

17. ryankozlowski

ryankozlowski Red Card

Apr 30, 2005
    Conneaut Lake, PA
    Sodexho does my college food to.
    i think they are taking over the world.

18. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Thankyou Bob and MM. The sun is rising again....it's been an Arctic length Winter night.

19. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    Was just a story today that Missoula, Mont. schools are considering privatizing food service. Guess which company is mentioned?