ROB robbed by Ching for Comeback

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Wheezer10, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Wheezer10

Wheezer10 New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Kennedale, TX
    Ching missed 2 months last year. And was he really that good before he was injured. Don't get me wrong, he had a great year and I think will be a backup forward on the US nats. But Ching was more like newcomer of the year to me. ROB had a broken leg and missed most of the season and came back strong.

2. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    ok, first guevarra wins something, now ROB getting jobbed? F this, i'm boycotting MLS next year.

yeah, that was a joke. but i'm still ticked.

3. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bi*** a** mother****ing **** wh*** d***wad F***!!

4. BurnFanMan

BurnFanMan New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    El Paso
    Alright, ROB was deserving of being a finalist and would have been an excellent winner, but Ching is also a deserving winner. This one was a real toss-up. The guy came from nowhere last year to get a national team camp call-up and was one of the league leaders in scoring before he went down with a devastating achilles injury. It wasn't a villian situation like there was with Dema, but for the guy to come back, get into the national team picture (for important qualifiers this time) and score a huge goal in his first big game against Jamaica is solid. Not to mention finishing in a tie with EJ for the league lead in goals. I hope he never scores against Dallas again, but hats off to him. FWIW, I'd make the same argument for O'Brien if he had won and people on the SJ board were saying Ching was robbed.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    unfrigginbelievable, I thought ROB would be jobbed out by Moreno who I could see deserving it more than Ching. Jesus, this is such crap.

What Ching did on the national team was great but that should have nothing to do with his MLS award.

6. mudpoet

mudpoet Member

May 16, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Precisely

7. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    Ching my @$$...

somebody said it b4- but ROB should've won seeing as his injury was inflicted by another player. That and he is just **********ing awesome.

8. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This season has been fixed from start to end. Screw Gaber.

9. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    The lone voice of reason. Well said BFM.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    what happens to Ching with the national team shouldn't have anything to do with his MLS award. Thats not fair to Ronnie, if Ronnie was American he would have got a call up to the national team.

But its cool, I'm sure Ronnie is use to getting screwed by the league, he plays for FC Dallas and when Dema "loves the wang" Kovalenko broke his leg, a foul wasn't even called.

12. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    that's 2-for-2 in awards where Moreno was nominated where the least-deserving player won. I thought the MVP race was a dead heat between Moreno and Cannon, and Guevara wins it. I thought this one was down to Moreno or O'Brien, and Ching wins.

Who is making these decisions?

At least the Rookie of the Year went to a deserving candidate (although I thought Marshall should have won, I can't really argue against Dempsey)

13. BurnFanMan

BurnFanMan New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    El Paso
    I disagree, if Ronnie had won an Irish call-up this year that would have been good for MLS. But I'll concede your point and my argument doesn't change. Being leading scorer in the league is worth quite a bit in my book. Ching came up big all year, and I'm still pissed that he put one by us to end our season. I still say Ronnie (and Jaime) would have been deserving, but I think if you're looking at all the cases where we've been screwed by the league, this is far enough down on the list that it's not worth mentioning.