ROAD TRIP INFO: D.C. United @ Chicago August 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Victory, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    D.C. UNITED @ CHICAGO FIRE AUGUST 29, 2009 7:30 P.M. (CT)

TICKET INFORMATION:

VIA PAY PAL: $27.00 to jigiel@nealon.com. (Please put “Chicago” is the subject line)

CASH AT TAILAGTE: $27.00

Tickets will be available for pickup at the tailgate. However, if you specifically request that the tickets be left at will call under your name then I will make the appropriate arrangements.

THE TAILGATE CHALLENGE

If at least 50 DC United fans make the trip then we will be able to take advantage of a greater group discount on the ticket prices. If between the Barra, Ses, LN and unaffiliated fans we have at least 50 people purchase tickets then we will take the money saved from the greater group discount rate and fund the tailgate by purchasing beer, drinks, etc.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

There will be no hotel package for this trip. This is for a couple of reasons: 1) Some people will arrive Friday night and some will arrive Saturday. It makes putting together a hotel package difficult 2) The hotel complex where we stay has numerous hotels and between peoples connections, rewards plans etc people are likely to get very good rate on there own..

Traditionally, we stay at this complex http://www.midwayhotelcenter.com. There are at 9 hotel in the complex of varying brands. The complex offers free shuttle service to and from midway. However, a car will be needed to actually get to the game (or an pricey cab ride). I suggest people car pool.

TAILAGTE INFORMATION, ETC.

Further details are coming. We are working on the arrangements with the Chicago FO.

2. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
  3. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plane tickets already purchased. Will Paypal you ticket money in short order.

4. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll already be out there the week before. So I'll paypal the money soon.

Also, time ought to be spent at The Globe on the Northside in the morning since there is at least one good prem match, Arsenal @ United, in the am.

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I'm in. Arriving on Friday on Paulie's flight (ORD). I'm definitely getting a car since I'm leaving Monday. I can upgrade to minivan or some SUV-like monstrosity if there are enough people who believe in my Mad Skillz behind the wheel. Also, I heard rumblings about a repeat performance at the Weber Grill. Since I'll probably stay at "The Compound" too, I probably won't drive back into the city for that, but I'll willingly be a driving slave on Saturday if necessary.

If people PM me in the next couple of days with some interest in car/hotel, I can hold off on making those reservations. Although I'd like to get them done by say a week from now, 8/14/9 at the latest.

Thx,

Jay!

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Money paypaled.

Thanks!

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it too late to buy with the group? I just bought a plane ticket to Chicago for the weekend.

8. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    The cutoff for tickets will be mid next week. If you are going order soon.

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Money just paypal(ed) to you.

10. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    WMATA
    Club:
    DC United
    I got plane and match tix for me birthday...see y'all there.

11. RecSpecs

RecSpecs Member

Jun 1, 2006
    D.C.
    Bringing 9 with me.
    Let's do this thing.

12. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Wed 5:00 pm. is the deadline to order tickets.

13. dcunited81

dcunited81 Member

Jul 18, 2001
    Green Bay, WI
    How many are going already? I'm not sure that I can get off of work in time, but if I can count me in as well, as it's not that bad of a drive from Green Bay to Chicago for the match!!!

14. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Right now about 40 I expect that number to increase.

15. dcunited81

dcunited81 Member

Jul 18, 2001
    Green Bay, WI
    Well, that sounds great, I really hope I can get away for the weekend and get down there to join in.. I haven't been able to attend a match since the L.A. Beckhams came to D.C. on a weekend I just happened to be traveling to D.C. from here...

16. CitizenGwen

CitizenGwen New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    I live in Chicago now. Should I still buy tickets through you via paypal? What time does the tailgate start? I don't own a car so was thinking of taking the bus from Small Bar but not sure how that will be received by the fire fans. That would also mean I'd have to go back on the bus. Otherwise I need to rent a car -- heard public transportation isn't the easiest to get out to Toyota.

17. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have anyone that's driving? I'm in Dayton, OH (about 300 miles from Chicago) and was wondering if I could meet up with people so I don't have to drive there and back alone.

18. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just know that I will miss you all on Saturday. And I'm damn conflicted. I hate missing road matches in my backyard. (Ok, it's a big backyard which includes Chicago, Columbus, and Toronto) But I'm running the Inaugural MI State H.O.G. Rally this weekend. And we've got about 1500 Harley owners in Lansing for a great weekend of riding and partying. So I can't make it. But my thoughts will be with my Barra family. I miss you guys. :cool:

19. barraginger

barraginger New Member

Jun 29, 2008

Hi there. I am actually going to drive up. I am leaving friday at 8pm, so I should be in columbus about 2am if you want to meet me up there. I do need to leave right after the game though as I do have an afternoon date with someone I met on Craigslist and I do not want to miss this guy. He is a hottie!

20. Troy G

Troy G New Member

Apr 18, 2008
    WMATA
    Club:
    DC United
    Craigslist? Please be careful.

21. DCU_Rick

DCU_Rick New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Right behind you.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be willing to bet she knows what she's doing.

22. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How are you all going? There is a bus from The Globe. I haven't signed up for it yet though.

23. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love people that hide behind sock puppets! Oh wait, no you don't....

24. Pops United

Pops United New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Section 137
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Journey Mercies to all the Barra brothers and sisters making the trip to Chicago.

I know you will represent us well.

VAMOS UNITED!!!!

25. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any information on the tailgate, etc?