Road Trip - Denver - June 21st

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by yossarin, Feb 18, 2008.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See post #6 on the first page of this thread. I suppose we'll find out how many privileges, like flags and banners, they provide for visiting supporters as we get closer to finalizing plans.

2. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    All of the links listed were from the official website (sponsors = expensive). I ended up at the Red Lion 2 miles away from the stadium using Hotwire.

From watching games on TV, it doesn't sell out (except for LAG), so I don't think we'll have issues. I'm sure we'll end up together one way or another.

3. Veruca

Veruca Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not even close to a sell out, well the Rapids FO are sellouts, but I don't think that's what we're talking about.

4. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    LOL

Well I wasn't about to research the attendence for Colorado to make my post accurate, but I figure when beckham is in town the numbers increase from normal.

Veruca, PM me with contact info if you want to join us on Friday for either the Brewery tour crawl and the Rockies game.

5. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've reserved tickets in their visiting supporters section with the Rapids FO. Here's the update:

If we have a group of 10 or more people, then tickets are $12. If we have fewer than 10 people, then tickets are $15. I reserved at least 12 tickets, so they should be $12 each. We can get more tickets if we need them.

We can bring banners and can hang them on the railings in our section. We can bring flags, but the poles can be no longer than 3 1/2 feet.

They have the whole section reserved for us, so there should be no problem standing and chanting.

But they do have an unusually strict policy against profanity. They apply the same rules to their own SGs. See the thread about these rules in the BigSoccer MLS News & Analysis forum if you want to see what their own fans think about it (Next time someone wants to complain about atmosphere at The Dick).

At least five TA members have committed to going to this game. If you would like to reserve tickets to stand with us in the visiting supporters' section, please feel free either to post here or send me a PM. If you want to stand with us, you can just pay me when we pick up the tickets for the group at the stadium.

6. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    What is the section number? I want to try to convince someone who'll be there to join us but he wants "good seats"

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Section 136. It's a small section in the upper corner. But it's also a small stadium, so every seat should still be a pretty good view. People can certainly get seats closer to the field elsewhere in the stadium, but 136 is where they'll allow us to hang banners, stand, chant, etc.

8. kat_antilles

kat_antilles New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Houston
    Hey Anderson, my mom and I just bought our plane tickets so can you save us 2 tickets please?

9. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    What day are you flying in kat? You're more than welcome to join in on our Friday activities if you want.

10. narangi

narangi New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    midtown
    katom and I will be coming into denver on Thursday night. two of us will be standing with you guys for sure. need to get with my other local friends and see who is coming, I'll get back to you shortly Anderson.

what breweries you planning on hitting up? Friday night?

11. narangi

narangi New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    midtown
    Roll Call

Name - Method of Travel - Timeframe

1) Yossarin - Frontier Airlines - (June 14 - June 22)
    2) anderson - Continental - (June 20 - June 22)
    3) Carlos (June 19-22) Continental
    4) Carlos' wife
    5) Tim (The Great Curve) - American/United - (June 21 - 25)
    6) Sybil (OrangeLocks) - same
    7) Art Vandaley - In on SW out on JB from NY though - In on Tuesday (17th), out on the red eye after the game
    8) Vanda-sister
    9) Narangi - SW 6/19-22 early AM
    10) Katom - SW 6/19-22 early AM

12. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent! There's no problem adding tickets.

I'd like to give them a more-or-less finalish number at the end of the week, but they'll work with us if we have some late additions.

If you have tickets elsewhere in the stadium, you should be able to join us anyway, but we can get you $12 tickets if you get them for our section.

yossarin has a game plan for the breweries for Friday, which he may post soon.

13. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not final yet, but here's my rough itinerary.

Friday
    8/9am to 11:30am (Red Rocks)
    12pm - 1:30pm (Coors Brewery - Golden)
    2pm - 3:30pm (Great Divide Brewery - downtown)
    4pm - 5:30pm (Flying Dog Brewery (downtown few blocks from Coors Field)
    6pm - 10pm (Mets vs Colorado)

Red Rocks is relatively close to the Coors Brewery and I want to do something fun (and maximize my trip) so I don't waste time waiting for people to show up.

14. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously I am in for the Mets game, but I am also SOOO in for Flying Dog! Maybe the others too.

I will be hitting up New Belgium (Fat Tire) at some point as well.

15. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Roll Call

4) Carlos' wife
    7) Art Vandaley - In on SW out on JB from NY though - In on Tuesday (17th), out on the red eye after the game
    8) Vanda-sister
    11) newtex - Continental - (June 19-22)

16. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roll Call

4) Carlos' wife
    8) Vanda-sister
    11) newtex - Continental - (June 19-22)
    12) kat_antilles - SouthWest - Jun 20 - 22
    13) La madre del naranja - SouthWest Jun 20-22

17. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not appearing for the brewery tours is not an option! I am breaking my beer drought for you brother, so you have to show ;)

I was trying to find more downtown breweries but Google Maps only showed the two. Anyone else know there are others downtown?

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say PM Jasonma and he'll be able to tell you (a regular Rapids poster and cool dude)

19. narangi

narangi New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    midtown
    There's Breckenridge Brewery, not much of a tour but they've got samplers. then there are several brewpubs like Rock Bottom and the Chop House, both have good beers and food.

20. kat_antilles

kat_antilles New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Houston
    Sweet. Thanks. Our flight lands at 2:55pm so I guess we are going to have to miss all of the fun breweries. :( But the game sounds cool. I'll just have to drink on the plane or something so I'll be caught up to the rest of y'all.

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can make flying dog!! That is the best of the lot on that list.

22. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    What time are you hitting up New Belgium? I want to see if I can do something in the morning in Fort Collins before going to the breweries. Not sure what yet though....

To tell you the truth, I've been wanting to go to the New Belgium brewery since I got hooked on Fat Tire.

24. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends. My sister is going to try and only work a half day, if so then after she gets out of work (say 2 or 3), otherwise I could go any time.

25. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I will probably drive from Denver early to take advantage of the morning to do stuff. I'll sms/call you around noon (or day before) to see what the plan is.