Road to Brazil 2014 - Other Teams Thread!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WTF happened to Paraguay? 1 win, 1 draw and 6 fuckin' loses??? They are in last place in a group that does not contain Brazil, since they are hosting.

Also, the US barely escapes with a win with a goals scored in added time vs Antigua? Are the "Klinmann, Raus" chants getting so much louder after today?

bayern15 repped this.
  2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Klinsmann has never showed himself to be too capable, even with Loew he was not the tactician, but rather - Loew was.

Portugal lost today, which was interesting, not really a fan of that flamboyant football.

Kaka also impressed with Iraq, that man is pure class - shame he's at a club where he is sure not to shine.

3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Have to also say, Spain were sublime today. Pedro was absolutely brilliant, unbelievable.

4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    In defense of Klinsmann the US was playing without several regular starter including Donovan and Fabian Johnson. The pitch was awful and they had to measure the width to make sure it was regulation size. Rained throughout the entire match further hindering play.

He also called up Eddie Johnson and Alex Gordon at forwards for the US over Altidore and Boyd among others. Johnson hadn't played with the national team in something like 2 years. He had both goals and Gordon had the assist on the game winner.

That said, he played Johnson as a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2 which was odd and Dempsey and Bradley did not seem to click in the formation.

5. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Russia looked pretty good in their match against Portugal. Got a pretty early goal and defended very well the rest of the way, getting a few chances to add another on the break. If Capello can get them to defend well consistently and not get too cocky, russia should be a fun team to watch play in Rio. There's a lot of players that are really strong on the ball as long as the backline holds up.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klinsmann was handicapped by his critics from day one. He won't last long at this rate unfortunately.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think that was it, Cris...I think he's just not that good a manager.

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree that he's probably not the greatest coach or tactician but then I don't think he's as bad as to not be able to manage the US or at least do what he was brought in to do. Remember how Germany did with him before the WC? Obviously two different circumstances but Klinsmann also managed what no other coach in history did with them and is trying to give the NT a fresh new face and attitude. Stuff like that takes time naturally but it's not going to happen without support.

Crisstti repped this.
  9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    England remains the worlds most overrated national team of course. Beating San Marino 5-0. A bunch of losers.

Dhajj repped this.
  10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Overrated by who? The few fans they have left in Asia from the Beckham era?

11. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The media and the fans. I have a ton of english and african friends who love the team and think they're the best in the world or something. The media writes a ton of articles, for example - on welbeck and rooney against san marino while not a mention of a talent like Reus.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    English speaking media tend to write more about the England team than others and I think it is more because of the Prem's popularity. I really don't think any press or fans think they are the best in the world unless they know nothing about the sport making their opinions invalid.

13. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I meant as in they rank them with Germany, Italy and Spain.

14. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yah see how they do next tournament ;)

11 man defense and then flop as usual R16...

If you look at their youth development and their league. They have no youth philosophy and very few homegrown players in the big teams.

Look at the top 5 epl teams right now, I bet you can maybe do less then a handful that you can honestly classify as world class.. Or even great for that matter...

15. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United and Man City certainly have more quality than the top 5 in germany, i never disputed that. They have a lack of homegrown players for sure.

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not gunna lie though, Rooney would be an awesome replacement for Klose.

17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If Germany could pay FIFA and Colombia to make Falcao play for Germany, it would be awesome.:whistling: Falcao( or a 24 year old Samed Yesil) is the missing piece....
    Rooney is good but he is no Falcao.

18. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They have a good record in youth tournaments though.. But it seems somewhat strange. The U17 usually looks like boys playing men whereas their U21 and sometimes even the U19 are focussed on the physical aspect of the game. They also didn't produce talent for the highest stages.

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really should have said homegrown players.... I hope that's how people took my post.

I was saying 99.99% of the world class players on the top 5 teams aren't English. In fact 99% of the top 5 teams aren't English period....good or not :p

odd1234 repped this.
  20. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You're right, I think England is dying off because of that.

Dhajj repped this.
  21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I heard the FA are thinking of implementing a homegrown rule for English clubs?

I think it was that you have to have a minimum of a certain amount of English players on the starting 11..

Anyone know more about this?

22. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dutch are whooping a$$ in qualifying again. They cannot be stopped....in the quals.

Can't wait to see them ride this remarkable qualifying form to a WC victory in Brazil !!!!!!!!!! ;)

23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spain 1- 1 France

And as at 57th min its Portugal 0 Northern Ireland 1 in Lisbon

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo