Rix Sacked.

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Burkies Ginger Mop, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Who the hell would take this job now? You'd have to be mad.

I was very surprised when I saw this, although I really shouldn't be surprised about anything that comes out of Hearts these days...

2. Benin Dahomey

Benin Dahomey New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenock, Scotland
    makes you worry about the future of hearts. am i right in thinking this guy hasn't paid off their debts, only transferred them to his bank, so now hearts owe him over £20 million. just appears to me that his priority is not football related.

3. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Never thought it was even in the begining.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=362468&cc=5901

4. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The bad thing is that so many of us thought this might be the case. I really have no idea where JamTarts are as an organization. It wouldn't greatly surprise me to see them at the top next year, and it wouldn't greatly surprise me to see them in administration in two. Some real money is going to have to be thrown around to get another decent manager in the door. Although, it might just be some Lithuanian nobody has heard of. Have fun with that Jambos.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football_spl.cfm?id=450662006
    Rix Sacked

http://sport.scotsman.com/football_spl.cfm?id=450772006
    fans view

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Rix and Duffy? Bloody hell. To think that people were taking digs at Pearse... :rolleyes:

6. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Wouldn't surprise me if Romanov appointed himself as manager :rolleyes:
    Hearts are a joke

7. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
  8. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Rix was a stupid appointment in the first place. He has lost 17 points on the league leaders since he took the reins.

Mind you, he must have been working under tough conditions.

If Romanov's at all serious about doing well with Hearts (and the jury's still out on that) he needs a continental manager who's used to working under domineering chairmen, as is the case in much of Southern Europe. Not some guy from England.

9. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Romanov has sacked two managers. One sacking was a stupid mistake, the other was the right decision.

10. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hahaha. We'll still finish third though.

11. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: [BigSoccer News] Graham Rix sacked from Hearts: Your views

This makes no sense. They could be potentially in line for Champion's League Football and the owners decide to severely rock the boat.

This is twice in the same year? Hard to believe they've been as successful as they have.

Anyone have a more reasonable explanation other than the manager butting heads with the owners? Doesn't seem like there is one.

12. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Rix is being made the scapegoat by Vlad the mad for his inept and extremely poor decisions since he has arrived at the club. Not that Rix should have been made gaffer of the side really is besides the point. I expect to see Hearts back in the duldrums within in a couple of years. Its sad really adding a realistic third or fourth challenger had peeked intrest in sevral countries around the world.

13. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

For Burley, that (or the alleged drink problem) is the most likely explanation.

For Rix, I think almost any chairman who harboured ambitions of Champions League football would have dumped him.

14. Benin Dahomey

Benin Dahomey New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenock, Scotland
    i wouldn't be surprised if hearts weren't here anymore in a couple of years.

this guy is turning into another hugh sott...

although if you compare this list (all things HS done while he owned morton) then in fairness vlad has some catching up to do.

http://www.justonecornetto.co.uk/championship.htm

p.s. this was a great site, i had totally forgotten about it till it came up in another forum http://www.6cc.mortonfans.co.uk/

15. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Exactly!

16. Flyin Ryan

Flyin Ryan Member

May 13, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Then why was he hired in the first place?

17. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Because Vlad wanted a puppet and until Hearts began to fall apart. I mean if your the manager of the side and players are upset due to some on the field moves as well as off the field and about to drag your name thorugh the mud, you would not point your finger at who is really causing the problems? Mind you i do not have any sympathy for Rix as I am he new what h was getting into.

18. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

They were trying to breed some managerial talent into the young women of Scotland.

19. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Because he was a yes-man with a small amount of pedigree willing to work under poor conditions, I guess.

I'm not saying Romanov's logic makes a great deal of sense here; I'm just saying that firing him, in and of itself, was undoubtedly the right thing to do at this point. Everything leading up to it, however, is very much questionable.

20. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

he was desperate for work .Only a convicted offender would even take on the job as romanovs puppet.

Makes you wonder who will replace rix .They should head down to the local prison and interview possible candidates .Only the real bottom feeders would even consider working under romanov .Maybe they can give the job to alan ball or frank mcavennie.

21. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

Rix did not have Hearts on course for 2nd spot, after the split, you only play the top sides, Rix's record against these sides was terrible.

Rix is a crap manager and always has been, that's why he was sacked.

22. Benin Dahomey

Benin Dahomey New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenock, Scotland
    apparantly scala wants the job.

hearts were after him before but he said the timing wasn't right.

perhaps rix was only brought in as someone they could easily get rid of when scala decided he was ready.

23. JAYEL

JAYEL New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Edinburgh
    Never heard so much drivel in all my life !!!!!!

Burley ...sacked for problems outside football

Rix sacked because he was useless

Craig Gordon signs 3 yr extention to 2009

New stand to be built

2nd in league

WILL win Scottish Cup

New manager in the summer

New signings in the summer

JEALOUS OR SCARED ????????????

.............we've been tae aberdeen, we hate the hibs...........

24. Benin Dahomey

Benin Dahomey New Member

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenock, Scotland
    what the fcuk are you talking about. most people on here are concerned for hearts. i hope things go well for hearts because i hate the old firm so it is good to see someone challenge them. however, romanov is making some strange moves which makes people wonder about his priorities. aye, i would have sacked rix as well, but the timing is all wrong.

anyway, as a hearts fan you probably won't be too bothered if your team goes to the wall because you will still have rangers to support. it must be a strange feeling for hearts fans this year, wanting rangers to drop points!