River Plate: El MAS GRANDE de la HISTORIA (Match Thread / General Discussion)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 19, 2019.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Crazy that Montiel and Armani were also on the same River Plate team. All became World Champions, and with the exception of Fernandez, the rest also became Copa America champions.

(I would make this my wallpaper over pictures of my kids if it wasn't for that lame SportCenter logo on the top right. Can anyone edit the logo out?)

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Montiel had my dream career

- Win a Libertadores against Boca in the final
    - Win a Copa America against Brazil in the Maracana in the final
    - Win the World Cup, scoring the winning penalty in the final to top it off

Talk about being blessed. It’s practically impossible to achieve just one of those feats in an entire career, let alone all three. He must feel like he died and has been in heaven these last 5 years.

megamac20817 repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man, Nacho Fernandez has been on fire since returning.. it's like he hasn't missed a step since moving to Brazil. What a player

On a side note, I've been loving Beltran this season. Not just his scoring, but his ball control, passing, and overall play. He is developing into a great forward.

balazsriver10, Loco and megamac20817 repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La mentira se acabó. Basta ya. Me generan asco.

Boca is a joke. We shouldn't play them anymore IMO. Our players get gassed or attacked every time. It's not a serious club. Honestly people like Romero need psychological help. If he doesn't want someone to celebrate, then try saving the penalty.

What a disgusting club. Would be in serious relegation trouble if the league had only 20 teams instead of 28.

megamac20817 and Loco repped this.
  6. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Beltran is being targeted by Italy for a call-up. When I read that I thought it was all BS

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How is it possible that Demichelis rates Rondon ahead of Borja? Every time el Colibrí plays he scores, while Rondon is incapable of scoring probably again in his career.

With Demichelis' logic, he'll pull Borja on 55 minutes to put Salomon in.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #433 aerez, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    When do you think Claudio will be playing in an official game in the primera?

ganapordiego repped this.
  9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @locoxriver Anyword when they'll start advancing Claudio Echevierri into first team?

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a matter of time at this point; if I were to bet, though, it'll happen once 1st place is mathematically locked.

aerez repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    39F4D2ED-1F81-44B0-9DAF-9421FBF74EFA.jpeg

Oh man how incredible would it be if he returned? Dale Pipa, dejate de joder y volve a casa

megamac20817 and balazsriver10 repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know, I have a feeling he’s gonna play that final Libertadores group game vs The Strongest

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The future is NOW

Echeverri subbed in vs Instituto!

14. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And the question now is, did he debut with a goal or just an assist :D

locoxriver repped this.
  15. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's see what he can do. He's just an boy, but so far positive.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    265BEBA4-B6F5-4A4F-84E7-AA46DF2122FE.jpeg

Aimar was also present… talk about a football factory

balazsriver10 and megamac20817 repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to all the River fans on here. It was a great championship. The team started slowly, but once Demichelis was able to find the right formation and names to fit in it, the team was a maquinita. He deserves all the credit. The squad is strong, if we can hold it together and add a few key names, no reason why we can't expect our name on the trophy next season.

I will try and be around more in the future. Hopefully the forum in stays active. In the mean time, everyone drink your faces off and party. This one was sweet!

VAMOS RIVER CARAJO!!!!!!!! RIVER Y NADA MAS!!!!!!!!

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great team, great conquest, but I gotta be honest with you.. ever since the Madrid title I no longer get the same satisfaction from these wins. It’s all just like sidequests. Plus it doesn’t help that chiqui tapia’s bs has made the league lose flavor

Hopefully we can conquer the Libertadores later this year, though. Gallardo spoiled us and now I want nothing less than the copa

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Loco, I don't think you can compare a league championship to a continental final against your classic rival. It doesn't lose any flavor for me. Chiqui Tapia is the worst, but this is the competition we play in and river has an obligation to win the league bc we are most successful club in Argentine football. Boca had been getting far too many of these.

Don't worry about the Copa, just enjoy this loco, keep the party going. Most critics thought we'd fall flat without Gallardo, but they were wrong. We steam rolled the league and were easily champs with boca in 9th, racing in 13, and independiente in 24th :ROFLMAO:

Just enjoy it and worry about the other stuff later.

locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don’t get me wrong.. I still enjoyed it! You can ask anyone and they’ll all say we were by far the best team. It was a great champion who clearly deserved the title.

All I’m saying is that after winning the 2018 Libertadores no local title ever feels quite like it used to. We reached the pinnacle, everything else is like a bonus. Lets put it this way… if you’re poor and you find $500 on the street, you celebrate like a mad man. But if you’re a millionaire and find $500, sure, you still pick it up and continue expanding your earnings, but it doesn’t give you the same feeling of satisfaction anymore.

Anyway I think another thing that made this feel a little less celebratory to me was that there simply was no competition throughout the entire championship. Anyone with a brain knew that River was going to win it from the start. We’ve had such an enormous difference over all the other teams in the standings that we could have dropped points here and there and it wouldn’t have made a difference. The Barracas Central game was a perfect example. We didn’t need to rely on other results giving us a helping hand to lift the cup *ahem*

But while it’s great to steamroll, it also makes it a little less exciting. I laughed my ass off when people were talking about San Lorenzo fighting for the title. They were never contenders. Maybe Talleres were a little more challenging, but even they were miles away from us. I mean yeah it’s nice to win comfortably, but I kind of like that adrenaline rush of having teams one point behind you. It makes celebrating a goal much more euphoric

22. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Yes, I am still alive and kicking. #VamosRiverCarajo

balazsriver10 repped this.
  23. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani missed 10 PK's. :cautious:

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not fair to blame Armani. The Inter goalkeeper did not make a single save either. What killed us was the slip from Solari that resulted in him hitting the ball with both feet. That literally never happens and before VAR it would've stood.

megamac20817 and balazsriver10 repped this.
  25. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seems bullshit that the ref determined the crappy pitch was unsuitable, had the teams go to the other goal net. But didn't think Solari should have a retry due to the same crappy pitch.

locoxriver and megamac20817 repped this.