River Plate 2013-14 Season: La Vuelta a las Copas [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jul 1, 2013.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently, D'Onofrio wanted Martino as his plan "A":

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...o-rechazo-propuesta-river-ahora-gallardo.html

According to our president, Martino wants to rest, just as I and many other River fans and football fans in general knew. I gotta say D'Onofrio is handling this really badly.. First of all he should be giving Gallardo his 100% backing not admitting publicly he wanted someone else.

The other thing that makes the Martino situation laughable, is that they forced Ramon to lower his contract from the one he signed with DAP, just a few months ago... And its clear they are going to sell Lanzini, Balanta, and maybe more to "save" the economy of the club...

So what were they going to pay Martino, a guy making over 2 million EUROS per year at Barcelona, with?

I still give D'Onofrio the benefit of the doubt in the fact that he wanted Ramon to stay minimum six months, but he is really dropping the ball in the last few days, even though the situation wasn't his doing.

The best thing he can do is sign Gallardo ASAP and move on, stop the absurd rumors, and get River moving forward with out signings so the fans can be calm and the team can concentrate on preparing for the 3 tournaments we have to dispute in the next semester.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  4. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @RiverGaucho you called it. It was wise to sign him ASAP. But I think it's not insulting for D'Onofrio to announce Martino as his plan A. He's on everyone's top of the list.

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm very happy for El Muñeco. Looking back, he always seemed like the type of player to be a good coach. he was a very smart player in terms of football iq and he always defended River's colors 100% especially in the clasicos, even if he lost his head a few times.

As a coach he won a championship with Nacional and he beat Peñarol every time he played them, so he knows how to win big games, and we need to continue our recent dominance over boca.

VAMOS MARCELO!!!!

And lets hope he can teach some of our guys to do this :D:D

locoxriver repped this.
  6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Teo and Balanta for making the World Cup team for Colombia. After Argentina, Colombia will be the team I support secondly in this World Cup. Really hope they do well even though Falcao won't be there. Their captain, Mario Yepes, is another former River player

BpKIzBfIIAAEVGT.jpg

9. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
  10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Mammana in the national team? WTF? :)

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is part of the sparring team that goes to the world cup to practice against the National Team, so he was already in the camp with the NT who needed him because Demichelis is injured. Obviously if the injury to Demichelis was more serious, they'd call in another defender and Mamanna would never be near the national team under normal circumstances.

Its really great for the pibe though lets not take anything away from him, who follows in the footsteps of Mascherano, who also made his debut for Argentina before playing for River

balazsriver10 repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carbonero has been called up for Colombia's World Cup squad in replacement of Leao, who just got injured. We now have all 3 Colombians present at the WC. :thumbsup:

Speaking of Colombians, it seems Teo doesn't forget about River even for a minute. He posted this pic today on Twitter:

[​IMG]

Teófilo Gutierrez R. ✔ @TeoG29
    Seguir

Les presento a mi familia, ellos son el motor para seguir adelante.

9:18 AM - 8 jun 2014

13. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Made my day! :thumbsup::)

locoxriver repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So happy for Carbonero... Smart move by Pekerman to bring him in too. I think Carbonero is an ideal impact sub for a team like Colombia

We now have the most world cup players from the argentine league with 3...

This is not the first time River has given 3 players to a foreign world cup squad...

2002 Celso Ayala, Pedro Sarabia, and Pipino Cuevas all played the World Cup with Paraguay

1986 Enzo Francescoli, Nelson Gutierrez, and Antonio Alzamendi played the World Cup for Uruguay'

I think a time like this we should remind ourselves... El Mas Grande... LEJOS

15. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I might be supporting Colombia harder than even Argentina this year.

If only Falcao was there.

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I want Argentina to win the world cup, but I know where you're coming from

It would have been nice for River to have a player or two on Argentina. Its ridiculous how Sabella looks down at the argentine league, even though he coached here for so long... I mean what are the likes of Romero, Rojo, Basanta, and Campagnaro doing on Argentina? Are you telling me that Barovero, Chichizola, Maidana, Vangioni, and say Mercado couldn't be there instead?

The most infuriating thing is that Boca has 2 players on Argentina... Orion and Gago, who were both horrible this season and shouldn't be going to Brasil. Ledesma completely shut down Gago and Orion is a muerto as we all know.

I'm going to be going all out for Argentina to win this one, but its a sickening thought to imagine Gago and especially Orion with a world cup winner's medal... I mean the 3rd goalie spot is supposed to be for a youngster to get experience like Ustari in 06, yet Sabella takes a muerto in Orion who is 33 and if for some absurd run of injuries has to play, has a history of huge ******** ups in important matches

17. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

CRACKS!!! GENIOS!!!

20. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Teo missed a good chance, but he played really well and was active. His passing ability is just so good and his control.

With Colombia now assured of a place in the Round of 16, lets hope Pekerman will allow Balanta and Carbonero to play against Japan to get some world cup playing experience (obviously just being in the squad is quite impressive but i'd love to see them play)

locoxriver repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Balanta has just been confirmed by Pekerman to start vs. Japan in an hour and make his official World Cup debut!

Vamos EDER!!

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought Balanta did well, Carbonero was pretty absent but almost scored a goal but he shot over.

Next stop for Colombia is Uruguay in the Maracana which will be a really tough match for them, but I have faith.

The only thing I'm somewhat worried about is that Jackson Martinez scored 2 goals but I hope Pekerman keeps faith in Teo. Maybe he'll change up his system and play them both, but I think he will stick with Ibarbo and Cuadrado out wide leaving room for just one forward. I hope its Teo