Rivaldo again

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Oct 11, 2003.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.glory-glory.net/news/show_story.asp?story_id=215

No thanks Rivaldo, he was a great player but his best years are behind him and we'd just be one last pay cheque if no-one else is interested. Saying that it would still be a fascinating signing :D

2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    No thanks. Rivaldo is a prima dona and a horrible role model for all of the youth in the club. He is exactly what we need to avoid. And, his wages are rediculously high. The only problem is, that he also has talent, and sometimes the prospect of short term success seduces managers into bringing in cancers like Rivaldo. He was awesome at Barcelona ... and they still let him go. Just imagine how he'd be at Spurs. No thanks, take your whinning, flopping arse elsewhere.

-Digital

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.glory-glory.net/news/show_story.asp?story_id=220

Well either report you read, it seems he's interested but it's very debateable if we still are. He'd be great publicity and very exciting, but now we've successfully switched to 4-4-2 I can't really see an obvious place for him in the team. There's no way he's taking Keano's place as the second striker floating in behind Kanoute. So that really only leaves left midfield.

Either way I think it's clear that he would want a fortune in wages, but we could afford it and maybe the sale of Rivaldo merchandise and the boost to our overseas profile would make it financially worthwhile. Also it might make it a lot easier to attract other talented players to the club.

Personally I think it's worth listening and negotiating with him, but at the moment he needs us more than we need him, so we shouldn't agree to anything less than a good deal for us.

4. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Don't make someone a priority, if you're one of their only options.

5. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Panathinaikos? WTH is going on Double?!

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    No THFC avatar. My first match ever was to see them in Greece, because my father is Greek. Tottenham is still my club, relax.

7. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Phewieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thats alright then ;D