Rio Ferdinand

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Los_Merengues, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
  2. beckham_rox

beckham_rox New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Toronto
    i agree...i think he would fit well with our other backs and he would be a good use of our money...hopefully it will get done

3. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
    he could shape the team up nicely

4. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Glazer and Fergie won't let that happen.

5. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But if Rio's contract talks continue to go nowhere, they might not have much choice. The talks have reportedly stopped, so Rio isn't any closer to signing a new deal at United.

6. jp77

jp77 New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    USA- CT
    I feel that rio is the most Over-Rated player in the world...he's worse than Samuel...who stunk it up this season.just a personal feeling.

I've seen lot sof Man U games and there's just something about him that makes me think that he's not as good as people make him out to be.

7. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can have Rio for 25M plus Walter. Would be fine with me.

8. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    I just feel that having more than 3-4 players of a single non-spanish nationality is a bad idea.. such a thing can often segregate a team, factions with the team are not a good idea...

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    gotta agree with mrman about factions, if some of what was said regarding ashely cole was true, french players at arsenal stick together, one of the reasons cole wanted chelsea apparently, this could form here, as many reports talk about players at RM hardly saying hello to each other. this is also a product of the galactico tag i believe, another team would have more solidarity i believe

10. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    To be quite honest, if Real really wanted a good deal on a strong central defender, they should've made an effort for Per Kroldrup. Instead, Everton made one of the best deals of the summer, getting him for 5 million pounds.

Ferdinand? Please.

Just focus on Ramos.

11. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I guess you are fond of the danes, but Kroldrup is not THAT good! He is certainly not Real Madrid-class! Unlike Woodgate... ;) Sorry couldn't help myself - it was bound to come up sooner or later! :D

12. Lconkisstador

Lconkisstador New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Totally agree.

13. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Yeah, I can't help myself.

I don't see how you can compare a player who's been on the DL for over a year against someone who's played at a consistently high level for both a Serie A team and his NT.

Unless, of course, you're actually Jonathan Woodgate. In which case I hope to see you on the pitch soon.

14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not... Actually I'm danish! :D And I do like Kroldrup - offtopic I went to the University of Copenhagen and studied history with him :p - I just don't think he is good enough for Real Madrid! The Woodgate-remark was a sarcastic one referring to our excellent buy last year... That was another sarcastic one! ;) Woodgate was an outstanding defender, I just hope he can recover and stay fit! IF he can do that I think he will bring us many great moments!

15. tom10

tom10 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Rio Ferdinand is a pacy player.I think he will be the best partner for Walter Samuel .Because we cannot believe Woodgate for he is a injury prone player.