Richmond: carpool for LA 8/9

Discussion in 'Supporters Abroad' started by dcLIZunited, Jul 31, 2007.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    As requested, here's a thread for carpooling for the LA game from Richmond. Something about Beckham! Something about a rental van! Something about tickets costing more than usual! Something about drunken debauchery!

Remember: tickets were through presale. There are no additional tickets for the Barra sections, and non-members cannot sit/stand in the Barra sections for this game. I don't know the status on SE sections, but I can imagine it's similar? Last I heard, the only tickets possibly still available for this game were in the 500s. I'm not trying to be discouraging, but if you're wanting to go to this game from Richmond and you haven't yet paid for a ticket, consider all of this and contact the appropriate people to see if you can still get one.

If anyone wants to ride up with me, I'll be leaving Richmond around 12:30 7pm game, tailgate starts at 3, allow a little extra time for traffic), however, I won't be driving back down that night, so you'd need to secure a ride back with someone else.

2. moreno9

moreno9 Member+

Aug 24, 2002
    Henrico
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to DC United there were 400 tickets left this morning through season packages or a coaches clinic package. All Supporters Groups have sold all of their tickets based on what I've seen online. I'd say going without a ticket could risk not getting unless you're willing to pay a scalper some dough. If Beckham announces prior that he's not playing, I can assure you getting a cheap ticket won't be a problem ;) I'll know more on the rental van at end of this week. If it ends up happening I'll post as soon as I know. Otherwise there are a bunch of folks all over Richmond heading up so let's talk it up folks.

3. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my ticket reserved. yea let us know what's up with the van, I'll throw down for my share of the rental or whatever. cant wait!

Pedro

4. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much action on this thread. I am getting off work at 12 and will be ready to go right at 12.

5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, let's pick this thread up a little! Pedro, maybe push a little something through on the email list if you haven't yet?

I'll actually be leaving around 11:30 if anyone wants to hitch a ride up with me, but it still stands that you'll need another way back to RVA. The lot opens at 2 (5 hours before gametime) and traffic is sure to be horrendous for this game (plus the exit for the Douglas Bridge might still be closed, which makes the traffic bad an exit before the stadium).

6. VCArlU

VCArlU New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Va
    Sorry, I wish I can go but no tickets.