Ricardo Vaz Te ( R)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Roy Da Silva, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    17 year old Ricardo Vaz Te scored his 2nd goal for Bolton in todays Reserve win

2. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He played the full 90 mins today in a 1-1 tie. The Bolton Team have nicknamed the " Portuguese Hitman " he had one very good chance has he stole the ball from his side of center ripped into the the the other teams half and tried a sumbero and it just went over the net. Grande Vaz Te!!!!!!!!!

3. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    17 yr old Ricardo Vaz Te scored 2 goals in Bolton"s 3-1 win tonight vs Nottigham Forrest. That gives him 4 so far this year.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    when is he going to starter for his team?

5. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    I heard he was on the bench once last year. Probably due to lack of options.

6. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    yap, most of the strikers were injured in that match

7. andrew_31

andrew_31 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Horwich, Bolton, UK
    Ricardo made his premiership debut last year against Middlesborough at the Riverside stadium. I think he played about 30 minutes, coming on for Ivan Campo.

He is only really coming back to full fitness after a knee injury in the summer. His two goals yesterday certainly shows that he is nearly back to his best. He did score 5 goals against Barnsley in the under 18's the week before.

His performance against Forest was even better considering he only got off a flight from Portugal at 2.00pm yesterday afternoon!

If he keeps working hard I'm sure his chance will come, although it should be remembered that Bolton do have at least 4 strikers above him in the pecking order.

8. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i'm glad to hear that, he looks gr8
    ps: post #700 :D

9. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

He scored 5 goals!!!! in one game. How many goals has he scored at the under 18 level this year. How high is bolton on him? and Have you seen him play what type of striker is he?

10. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Better Question is when will Bolton be ready to sell him to a big team for the big money

11. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Better question yet.....I have heard rumors that he is considering English Citizenship....any word on that? If that's the case then we may as well cross him off the list for NTs of the future right now.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if that happens will be another traitor like Roberto Pires :)

13. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    ********** i hope it's not true

14. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    ......and it's to soon to know if this guy will be a world class striker. He's still a boy. Many players come with big promise at 16, 17 years but in the end don't get anywhere. We are at least 2-3 years away from the verdict on Vaz Te. So I can't say I'm really all that excited or impressed yet.....although I can't say I've seen him play either.

15. Briosa a frente

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    And thats why he should have been called up to the Under 17 or under 18 teams so that he would be locked in for the future. :confused:

16. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Hi Paul.

That will not happen. for these reasons

1) England has about 6 or 7 strikers that are English and there is no way that they will allow a Portuguese player take a spot on the national team

2) He was just in Portugal this past week

3) Sources in the Portuguese Soccer Federation say he will be called to train with the under 18 team next month.

17. Briosa a frente

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    Hi hope that that is right. If the FIfa rule hasn't changed once he participates in a national team then he can not play for another country.

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    could be he refuse? it could be he rather play for England

19. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I hope it doesn't happen either. The guy is showing alot of promise.
    It's nice to hear that the Federation are making efforts.
    I guess we will know the answer next month.

20. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    cool, that was about time to be called to our NT again

21. andrew_31

andrew_31 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Horwich, Bolton, UK
    Ricardo is scoring a lot of goals. I go and see him play every week, either in the reserves or for the under 18's.

The is NO TRUTH in the rumour that he wants to play for England! Ricardo has represented Portugal at under 17's and under 18's. His dream is to play for the Portuguese national side.

He has a great first touch, is strong and has quick feet for someone who is 6'2 tall.

For those of you that think he is going to do a Pires....you couldn't be further from the truth.

22. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Bolton does not update it"s Academy website. Any ideas asto how many Goals he has scored at the under 18 level for Bolton and can you keep us posted.

23. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    cool, another tall striker, just what i want, now we have Makukula, Almeida and Vaz Te

24. andrew_31

andrew_31 New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Horwich, Bolton, UK
    I will find out for you over the weekend.

25. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Thank you i would really appreciate that