Ricardo Pepi at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Jun 27, 2021.

1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Arsenal start might be "be careful what you wish for." The Gunners have nothing to play for, and PSV is home, so they should be fired up, but after last game, Pepi could go begging. Tho it is a low-rish, high-reward start. While PSV fans will be desperate for revenge, deep down, few will expect too much from the team. It's one game where fans won't be too disappointed in a goalless showing.

2. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Nobody will be expecting anything from him in the game. To me it is a low risk start totally so that is a good opportunity. Agree with you there.

3. PSV should go for the full 3-points for a win coefficient gain.
    As usual Dutch clubs will be raided in the summer by the money loaded clubs, so PSV has a couple of players, Bakayoko for instance, who might be gone this summer. If so and the club then only gets into spot 3 at the end of next season and this match is the one that costed us the points, we needed to get/stay ahead of France for 5th in the ranking, it could cost PSV at least 60 million in revenue for the Eredivisie not having the 5th position in the ranking.

Dervos repped this.
  4. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pepi even sounds a bit Tolkienish ( ie Pippin), but he's much too tall for a Hobbit. Maybe he had some of that Entwash from the (Fangorn) forest.

Ok, back to soccer! I hope Pepi finds his form ,we need a striker so bad in our system and are totally deficient there. Hopefully Pepi can be that guy. One thing I noticed, after not watching him play for a while, is that he seems much lighter on his feet and hungry. He has a menace to his game; he's there to make a difference. PSV definitely know what they're doing with him and they seem to be on an epic heroic season. It must be rare for a team to run the table in any league.

how rare is it? Can it be done?

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    A perfect season is extremely rare and I don’t think it’s happened with more than 23 games.

6. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :Looks to be 2 teams fielding less that their conceived best today. C'mon Boys. I'm expecting a wide open game where anything can and probably will happen.

7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Pepi's starting. And Tillman. So, PSV is going with their best.

Dest not starting.

8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match is on Unimas, for those who don't have Paramount+.

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  10. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PEPI WITH THE ASSIST,1-1 after57min

11. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tillman with the "2nd assist/hockey assist" as we say on here.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice awareness. Like a QB checking his first option for the second.

14. https://voetbalflitsen.nl/nieuws/pf...nlijke-ontwikkeling-bij-psv-lijkt-soms-oorlog
    use google translate if interested.

Culture shock
    It took some getting used to, he admits. The new environment and difference in working have also made him the person and above all a footballer he is today. "When I first came here, I knew he was a good player. I can see the difference, because I've become a better player. The intensity and the training here, it sometimes seems like a war. That mentality is very good, I really like that."

ChicagoVT, ebbro and randomnoise repped this.
  15. https://voetbalflitsen.nl/nieuws/9h...lspeler-accepteert-dat-hij-nog-veel-kan-leren
    Ricardo Pepi has to make do with substitutes this season, but according to Bosz, that also has to do with his predecessor. "Luuk performs so well, but is also a good colleague for him and therefore Pepi accepts that he can still learn a lot from him. The moments he gets, I see, he grabs with both hands. He does that by working hard, scoring and I thought he played a great game against Arsenal as well," emphasizes the coach.

16. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for a kid who's still not even old enough to drink, this is a great situation he's found himself in. on a team that's flying, doing well in a league renowned for youth development, learning from a deeply experienced vet in your same position...one of the best youth situations anyone could hope for, really.

17. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not old enough to drink in the US of A. But yes, all's well with Ricardo Pepi.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the pitch:

20. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSV org has a long history of developing attacking players

Pl@ymaker and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namdynamo, wsmaugham, ChicagoVT and 5 others repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Last club to have a perfect regular season in Europe (won all league games, including playoffs) was Dresdner (abolished by the Communists after the war, the club had certain Nazi sympathies --their fans became the neo-Nazi wing of Hertha) in 1943.

They won all 18 games in their regional league (Gauliga) and went on to win the five playoff games in the German Championship to win the title.

Since they had members who were high in the party, it's not out of the question that their rivals just didn't want to win that much.