Ricardo Pepi at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Jun 27, 2021.

1. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  2. ChicagoVT

ChicagoVT Member

United States
    Jun 26, 2019
    Dest has the flu

Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  3. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    That's not funny.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His alarm clock gave him the flu?

TimB4Last repped this.
  5. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Better.

6. VI interview with Bosz after the Go Ahead Eagles match:
    https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/bosz-prijst-fenomeen-van-psv-en-is-kritisch-op-veerman-experiment

"The fact is that Luuk is a phenomenon," Bosz began his speech about the match at the press conference. The striker had just been crowned the top scorer of this century's Eredivisie. Thanks to his trademark: two header goals. "But he's not just a heading phenomenon. How he chases balls, how he can hold them, he's definitely the man in shape.'

Whether the arrival of Ricardo Pepi has put his captain on edge, Bosz doubts. Although he is happy that the American is panting in the neck of De Jong. 'It's hard to say, but I don't think that made Luuk better. Luuk is such a huge professional. He doesn't need anyone to put him on his toes. That's a huge quality.' "He can recharge so much. Even for a game like tonight," Bosz praised. The veteran coach even feels a little guilty towards Pepi. "It's nice to have him there too. In fact, I found it difficult not to bring him in until the seventieth minute. When he comes in, he always does well.'

Namdynamo, mace, Jazzy Altidore and 5 others repped this.
  7. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Patience, Grasshopper. Your time will come. It's part of the learning process for a young pro to be ready all the time. Stay tuned in all the time and...

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    A Legend in the Eredivisie but he kinda underperformed abroad.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  9. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    remember Mathias Kezman? he was automatic in Holland. I forget how many years he stayed, but when he left, it was pretty much the end of his career. I remember he got hurt, but faded quickly. Suarez, Ronaldo and lots of others around that time came and went from Holland quickly and made a lot of noise. Some not so much.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like the slow roll will result in him being more ready when he gets his chances. Predicting his minutes slowly increase as the year goes on. I don't predict him to take the starter's role unless there's an injury. The good thing is I think he still has a lot to learn about how to play the position and he has a guy in front of him that plays a similar enough style and has a similar body.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Somewhere in the low countries a failed figure skater is sharpening her tire iron....

12. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    The Dutch league seems worse than usual this year

13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    In what way?

14. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It feels like PSV can easily win every non feyernood game this year and I don’t even think they’re that good I.e de ligt & frankie de jong, etc. feyernood also seems to be walking through the league

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    But so are AZ and Twente, and Ajax haven't even woken up yet. There's a chance it'll be the most interesting title race among the good leagues.

16. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Which kind of leads to my point. AZ lost its first europa game vs a Bosnian team PSV got embarrassed by Arsenal. Feyernood are the only one who got results. Idk just seems the dominant teams of the past were actually competitive in continental football and the competition in the league as a a whole was a little better.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It's early days, and do PSV seem to be rolling in the league, but AZ is also yet to lose - tho both team's Euro play leaves a lot of questions, esp AZ giving up 4 unanswered goals to Zrinjski?? after building a 3 goal lead. That's some insanely poor game management. The Dutch teams need to do better in the UEFA competitions to be taken more seriously, but I think the Ered itself stays reasonably tight. Ajax and Utrecht really soiling themselves early, but I'm not sure PSV keeps this up all season.

18. AZ's keeper from New Zealand got slippery gloves, while AZ was leading comfortably with 3-0.
    Arsenal simply atm is in Europe's top 10, so expecting PSV to get a result over there would be delusional, especially since PSV didnot adress their defensive weak spots.

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    It is if you're PVA or Teze and feel like putting in a shift.

AZ shoulda bought Horvath.

ChicagoVT repped this.
  20. Not in the UEFA Cup competitions.
    upload_2023-9-29_3-11-20.png
    upload_2023-9-29_3-13-32.png

With the most important ones the double in the EL final to give Sevilla their xx EL cup.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    [​IMG]

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  22. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PBP I’m sure has said it, but Pepi not only can ball, he can be a spark. I watched a lot of this game. Pepi was spot on with his touch and contribution. I’m stoked that he’s our guy on the Nats

Zinkoff, schrutebuck, Pl@ymaker and 4 others repped this.
  23. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    The game totally changed when he came on. It was partially due to the bizarre tactical change of pulling both CBs with 10' left, but mainly due to the fact that Pepi is more dynamic than de Jong and assisted the midfield by dropping deeper to help relieve pressure.

He combined with Tillman at the edge of the box on the move that resulted in the penalty, and won the FK that resulted in the match-tying goal. IMO, without Pepi, PSV probably loses that game 1-0

Zinkoff, schrutebuck, russ and 7 others repped this.
  24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    schrutebuck, adam tash, mace and 8 others repped this.
  25. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007