Ricardo Pepi at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Jun 27, 2021.

1. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    freisland repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    If you define "roti" by "the unleavened flat-bread dish we in the Netherlands spiced with spices that only come from Java" of course, your "roti" will have Javanese "roots" (pun intended) but if you go to India or Pakistan or Iran (or Trinidad or Kingston - Ont or Jamaica) and tell them the paratha/chapati/roti they're serving you came originally from Java... some folks may beg differ.

3. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    PSV won 4-0 and the penalty was converted. Why would there be anything in the dressing room afterwards?

It would have been different if Pepi had missed, but it wasn't. The only thing that'll come from it is a quiet word with Lozano reminding him who the designated penalty-taker is.

4. No, I'm not suggesting that. It's the chicken stew that make the roti dish, as roti is only used as a base to eat it with. The kurkuma goes into the spice mix used to make the chicken stew. As I posted back up the Dutch-Indies people coming to Surinam ate it with rice in the Dutch-Indies, not with that flattened pancake.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, you're talking about a whole different kettle of fish. If you order "roti" in most cities in the world you ain't getting that. That's what I'm saying. Your "roti" ain't everyone else's roti...

uniteo repped this.
  6. :ROFLMAO:
    That's what I'm trying to convey, that the Surinam roti isnot an Indian dish. It's let's say a fusion of Dutch-Indies, Indian, Surinam and Dutch receipes/ingredients.

uniteo repped this.
  7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm very confused. But also hungry. So I will leave this debate and get lunch!

russ repped this.
  8. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I just had a Costco hot dog

russ, ChicagoVT, eliwood and 5 others repped this.
  9. gjackson2207

gjackson2207 Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wonder if Pepi likes food when he eats?

10. Surinam's broodje bakkeljauw with sour vegetables?
    upload_2023-9-20_0-40-12.jpeg
    It's dried fish and, no I'm not making it up, it comes from the Vikings who copied it from the North American Indians.:ROFLMAO:

RunthePoint and Dervos repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Apparently when he's hungry, he just takes Lozano's lunch.

russ, ChicagoVT, Pegasus and 9 others repped this.
  12. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    They should stick to smoked Gouda.

13. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, they have the best ingredients, don’t need fancy cooking - just give me a broodje and I’m super happy - bread, cheese & ham. Lekker.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  14. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the kind of TimB4Last humor I can get behind. Well done, friend.

15. Hey, we gave the world "Kapsalon":
    Kapsalon - Wikipedia
    Kapsalon ([ˈkɑpsɐlɔn]) is a fast food dish created in 2003 in the Dutch city of Rotterdam, consisting of a layer of french fries placed into a disposable metal take-away tray, topped with döner or gyro meat, covered with slices of Gouda cheese, and heated in an oven until the cheese melts.Then a layer of shredded iceberg lettuce is added, dressed with garlic sauce and sambal, a hot sauce ...
    upload_2023-9-20_11-43-48.jpeg
    It does have alot of cheese though:)
    Unfortunately the man who created it (the one in the video) recently died of a heart attack

felloveranddidanadu and Winoman repped this.
  16. About bread here.
    I've seen several American youtubers making vids about food in the Netherlands and one thing that puzzles/amazes me is their fondness of Dutch bread. I mean, what can be so special about bread?

17. It was not quiet worded, PB on tv in the interview after the match said in questions about the penalty what the current order is, de Jong, Pepi.
    Of course depending who's on the pitch.

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  19. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Basically a Doner box with Gouda.

Winoman repped this.
  20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    what you get when a drunk French-Canadian tourist (redundant) scours Rotterdam for a midnight poutine joint, then decides to improvise…

Pegasus repped this.
  21. Pisscutter

Pisscutter Member

Apr 15, 2005
    To quote Homer Simpson: I'll take ten.

22. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. :cautious:
    How on earth do you find things like thiso_O

24. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you ever had mass-produced American supermarket bread? One of my biggest disappointments as a child, was returning to the United States from Germany, and tasting the mushy, no-flavor bread. Now, there are some local bakeries, and some local grocery stores will bake their own bread, but that's not the case for a lot of folks in the USA.