Ricardo Clark

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by bluearmy, Nov 22, 2004.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he goes to Europe, it's not gonna be to England. If anything, it's Belgium, Holland, or one of the Scandinavian countries. Maybe even Germany. Other than that, he's got to get 20 caps in the next month and a half.

2. bluearmy

bluearmy New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    Wigan, England
    From the Wigan manager today-

-------------------------------------------

Moving on, and Jewell then talked about the injury news from the JJB Stadium and also about American trialist Ricardo Clark, who has come over for a week having finished his season with the New York/New Jersey MetroStars in the MLS.

"Ricardo has come over for a week and we'll have a look at him although he cannot play for our reserves or anything like that. It is probably unlikely that we'd look to sign him but you never know and it is also a really good chance for the kid to come over here, enjoy himself and gain some more experience.

--------------------------------------------------

3. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    sounds conflicting in that they call him a trialist and then Jewell says he's over there "to gain experience."

4. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Voice of Reason.
    "Ignore, ignore!"

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Metrogo. If you have forgotton what happened to him before the season started. He was injured before the Olypmic Qualifiers after his involvement in the World Youth Championships. It forced him to get back 100% fitness for the entire season. That's why he was on the bench and or subbing in for the last 10 minutes in the match when Metro had a lead. That's why Rico was able to score that goal on the last match of the season.

His Sophmore Slump wasn't due to a 2nd year Jinx. The recovery period ate up most of his time and he sat on the bench.

6. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Thats not totally fair. He was crap the first half of the season but by the end he was back to his old self. The preseason surgery held him back early but once he recovered he was just as good as ever.

I see him having a breakout season next year.

7. CRSvideo

CRSvideo Member

Jul 24, 1999
    New York, NY

Yeah, I see him having a breakout season next year too....playing in England.

Just joking. The line just seemed too open. I don't see him getting the work permit, but then what do I know.

chris...