Rhine at UEFA (ACM Lyon R)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Scipio Gothicus, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a scorless draw at home, Lyon was cruising at San Siro 1-1 with a place on the semi finals wide open. 88th minute.

Then, on came the French Bobby Rhine. A ball came to a wide open ACM striker. He beat the kepper, but the ball hit the inside of the far post and rolled out, hit the other post, and two ACM players were there for the tap in. So, ACM is in, Lyon out, 2-1 on aggragate.

Then, in stoppage time, Bobby treid to sned a pass back to the keeper, which was intercepted by an ACM player, and neatly played in the empty net.

The moral of the story? If FCd palyed AC Milan at San Siro, and Bobby was at defense, FCD would probably lose.

None of this matters. Bobby was responsible for one or both goals on Saturday, whatever your opinion. Or perhaps we are just ready to blame him for everything that goes wrong. It does not matter. Rioght now, he is the only option. He cannot be becnhed unless CC decides to go to a three man back line, and I very much doubt we will see that. If these goals are Bobby's fault, and I do not know that they are, then CC knows it.

At the same time, CC has not done anything about it. I do not think that Bobby's offensive talents are the reason. As Moore and Moor have both played wing back, we can make a reasonable assumption that they could help at this level as well. Alex Yi is not known as a wing back, but has more than enough talent and expereince to coss the ball. I would suggest that the offensive abilities of the four players in question are not CC's top concern. The defense is.

You cannot bench Bobby until Moor, Moore, or Yi prove they can outplay Bobby day in and day out. Clearly, they have yet to show that. Unitl they do, we Bobby will continue to start, and that is the best thing for FCD.

Scipio Diabolus,
    vox fatum.

Contra.

Grounded.