Reyna To Sign With Red Bull (Deal Not Final Yet)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Oatmeal, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KANE21

KANE21 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: Reyna close to a RBNY deal?

Mind your own business sublicon! I was just pointing out to
    Offtheheezie the Man City is at 13th place in Epl and they
    still have to play the BIG FOUR. Drawing 0-0 with Watford
    who is at the bottom of the EPL is no sign of greatness.
    J1mbrown, The is something call cross promotion and
    a lot people are doing this type of business. What does
    nike shoe sells have any to how much goal you score.

2. pjae

pjae New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    new york state

watford may not be winning, but they are playing like they NEED to. case in point, arsenal game, where arsenal struggled to beat them by one goal.
    and you need to think about what you want to say before you type, as much of what you type makes no sense whatsoever!:D

3. KANE21

KANE21 New Member

Dec 25, 2006

You are a stupid idiot. winning means a lot in EPL. Every statement
    I made is back up with facts. Why don't you talk about how generation
    ADIDAS kids beat Watford Reserve 3-0 at Watford ? or am I making up
    that too. Pjae, you are one of those moran who things only the effort
    that's count and everyone should get a trophy.

4. davideyak

davideyak New Member

Dec 13, 2006

What's a "moran that things"? Before you call someone a moron who thinks, I suggest you learn to spell it first. You may find a Dictionary handy. Incidentally, isn't that a contradiction of terms?

5. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA

Back to Reyna... He didn't play for the 3rd straight game today supposedly due to injury. Anybody think he is packing his bags?

6. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ice bags, maybe. ;)

7. kawandinho

kawandinho New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lol , think the spending the winter i NY when it gets cold will be good for him. come on over with the ice bags .

8. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA

Reyna always gets hurt right before moving on to a new club... the same thing happened at Wolfsburg, Rangers, and Sunderland! Not sure if it this is a coincidence but I am hoping he is coming to us sooner rather than later... Happy New Year everybody! Wishing you and the NY Red Bulls a MLS championship in 2007!

9. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006

I think we will find out a title wave of information tommorow...so prepare.

10. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

An oxy-moron one might say:D

11. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005

Tough way to end his Nats career.

12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/6211969.stm

My goodness - How your expectations have stumbled

As much as I have always loved Reyna since he led the US against Mexico in RFK 12 years ago, he's just too vulnerable to injuries to build around - As talented and versatile and wonderful as he is and can be, he can only be regarded as a terrific role player WHEN HE'S HEALTHY and in shape - His aging at Man City only magnifies this - He'll be great for local PR, but on the field he'll more limited than Youri was during the WC - Try to get him, but don't blow your wad

13. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City

The only way that I see Claudio Reyna signing with the Red Bulls is if he is relegated to the bench or if he does not have any offer in Europe. Other that this, i just dont believe a crap.

14. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's contracted John O'Brien syndrome, which is highly contagious.:cool:

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Reyna is not playing in the Everton vs Massive Massive Very Massive Citeh.

16. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA

Sounds to me a heckuva lot closer than one step. Reyna has always been a good team player who doesn't walk out on his coach/team and especially a guy who knows how to kiss up to his European coaches and fans (always saying good things about the team and manager, not complaining in public, sounding eager to get on the field). In his entire career, I can recall only twice he had anything negative (and one involved Celtic fans chanting about 9-11 and OBL, another was when at Wolfsburg). So if he's left the club, that to me at least, indicates that he sees no future at Citeh and probably in the Premiership.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Reyna is going to be joining your team. On the positive side, the previous scenarios that were more realistic at the time, had you using a DP slot on him and then he didn't join until the end of Citeh's season. Now it looks more likely that you'll have him for the start of the MLS season.

18. kawandinho

kawandinho New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i hope this is true. i hope not a DP slot but he can help us.

19. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton

If we get Reyna I look at as gravy. He will be cool to have on the field when he's healthy.

Just don't build on or depend on the guy to be there. Let him play 20 matches then save him for the playoffs.

20. goalscorer111

goalscorer111 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
  21. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA

I told you guys earlier in this thread Claudio was coming... once it is made official how 'bout some repping y'all... I also don't think he will eat a DP slot...
    or Wattereus for that matter... bruce will hold onto those till one of the big boys are ready to sign...ie. De La Pena, Ronaldo (sill don't think this will happen anytime soon) or someone else of that caliber...

22. BigWave

BigWave New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Charlottesville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I definitely don't see how this Wattereus character could be a DP...Reyna would be 50/50. If he wants to get out of Man City as much as is rumored, then he'll probably take what NY has to offer...depends on his 'situation'.

So, I read about Totti saying that his playing days with the Italian National Team are probably over...although he's still kicking ass in Serie A, he's probably only got a few years left. Although his signing has not been rumored, I can see the opportunity coming up 2-3 years from now, which would be ideal for NY's new stadium. I also remember Bruce mentioning awhile back that if he could have any forward on his team, he would choose Totti. I wish I remember where I read that article, but Totti comes to mind...he would also make a great fit for NY!!!

23. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998

I honestly don't believe either of these men, Reyna, Waterreus or both will be used for a D.P. spot. Reyna is an American born player so I don't think he is at the level of a D.P. spot. Waterreus isn't D.P. material either, but it sounds like he is close to coming.

All we need is a healthy Claudio Reyna to play this season as well as allow him a break every now and then so he can possibly come off the Substitutes bench.

Hope things will be turning towards the good.

24. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA

Wattereus isn't a "character" BigWave ..he is a very good (some would say excellent) Dutch keeper and probably better than any MLS keeper FYI and IMO.

Also, I would like Totti to become a Red Bull NY player but only if he checks his ego at the door...we don't need any more Chinaglia types...:)

25. BigWave

BigWave New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Charlottesville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I merely referred to him as a 'character', since I wasn't familiar w/his resume...yes, indeed, he looks like a good Dutch keeper and probably better than any in MLS, but still not worth a DP. Hopefully you guys use your DP's for more important positions such as forward and attacking mid...btw, Totti and Chinaglia have ego's for a reason...they score goals and more goals and more goals and more goals:D I'm sure if Totti's goalscoring brings NY to a championship, then you wouldn't mind his ego ag nigrin:D