Reyna to Blackburn?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BuffloSoldier, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Sunderland, a few days ago, took away the captain's armband and the number 4 from Reyna, it was a good sign that the trade would happen.
    Expect to hear it finalized by Friday.

2. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Captain?

I hadn't heard the bit about the captain's armband being taken away. Who's it been given to?

3. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

I don't think that Claudio ever was the captain for Sunderland. I've been reading some stuff at A Love Supreme and a lot of people were complaining that the captaincy was given to Michael Gray instead of Claudio when it became available.

4. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    At Ready To Go it's been the same story forever...people being absolutely pissed that Gray was captain over Captain America. It's been like a broken record over there, how it's been a slap in the face to the deserving captain, Reyna. But, yeah, I think he's gone too.

5. mclip_66

mclip_66 Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Two on One

If this does go through and assuming Reyna would start? Would this be the first time two Americans started on a regular basis for the same Premireship Club?

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I think so.

7. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it happens. Absolute silence for the past four or five days on the Rover's fan board (http://www.brfcs.biz/forums/ikonboard.pl) about Renya. Of course, as we all know, fan boards are always predictive of reality. Much excitement about the anticipated signing Friday of defender Vratislav Gresko and of a Bulgarian striker, but not any recent speculation about Renya.

As an aside, there is positive note of the US U17 team, which was, I believe, the top Premiership U17 team last year, (they're playing the Rovers Acadamy's U17 on the 2nd) and questions about who they should be watching to try to pick off for Blackburn. And, yes, they have heard about Freddy.

Their visit to play DC United (which Parkes called a 'difficult' game for Blackburn) and the resulting e-mail and personal contact between the teams' fans seems to have built both awareness of and respect for US soccer.

I hope United capitalizes on this relationship. I hope MLS encourages more of these MLS/Premier League relationships. Then we'll be asking if there ever before have been three Americans starting for a Premier side :)

8. EasyStreet

EasyStreet New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Colorado
    It now late Agust is he staying in Suderland or going to Blackburn. I hope he goes to Blackburn so I can become even a bigger supporter of the club with two yanks.