Revs ve. ManU; US vs. Spain

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by shanary, Mar 18, 2011.

1. tylawfan1

tylawfan1 Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there really a complaint that season tickets are too affordable? I knew we'd find a way to whine about this one to, but we're shooting for an all time low here... I guess count me as one of the few that would rather have the option to get discounted ManU tix over a free match v. Cruziero...

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe you have the access to your normal seat if I'm not mistaken. And the pre-sale will actually allow you to get the extra seats as near to you as is possible.

3. neophilus

neophilus Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Methuen, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's true then I'm mistaken and that's very good news. I wasn't so much bothered by the ticket prices - I just wanted to be able to get my same seats to watch the Revs take the field against Man U the same as I do the rest of the MLS teams.

4. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    How could you when 1996-1999 STHs get first pick of seats?

(per the latest e-mail)

That means they could pick your seat if you have a really good one and joined after '99.

5. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the case ...

A. Wouldn't they have mentioned it specifically.

B. If they were simply selling your STH seats to you, why have all the staggered sale days by season ticket tenure year? Mon 1996-1999, Tue 1996-2007, Wed 1996-2010, Thr All STH'ers

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I haven't seen that email ... then I have no idea what they're doing.

7. risapres

risapres Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will buy a 5-6 game package at Red Bull next year its worth the drive!

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, just read the email. How I'm reading it is that if you've been a season ticket holder since 1996, you'll get first dibs ON YOUR tickets on the first day for sale. Then the next group, the following day. People can't have the season tickets you have right now, so I still don't think this is a problem ... I think they're just trying to not have 5,000 season ticket holders call on the first day that the tickets go on sale.

In other words, if I had an assigned seat (say Section 108, Row 1, Seat 1) and I have had my season tickets since 1996, I'd get to call the first day to get that ticket and additional ones. If the person next to me in Seat 2 only got his season tickets, he'd still be able to get that seat, but not till the day when he can actually make that call.

9. tylawfan1

tylawfan1 Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't find it now, but didn't someone claim that a ticket rep. told them the Special Event ticket would be used for an MLS related game?... welcome back MLS Cup! :p...

10. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably playoff game if they make it, if not a credit towards next years tickets.

11. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the cup is back in LA this year

12. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a quick plug, I just got off the phone with Brian Bilello and we spent a good 30 minutes on this subject, I'll be posting about it to www.thedrugisfootball.com later on tonight

13. Bradman

Bradman Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Wow. I am NOT a season tix holder, so my "anger" is just from the POV as a long suffering fan....

But if (as seems to be) all the other MLS-Man U cities ARE including the game for their STH..... ______ the Kraft family.

How many full STH are there now? 700? 1,500? Out of 65K seats they can't "give away" 2% to the tiny group of people who truly care?!

%$*#)! A new low.

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started (caring about the Revolution), every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
    Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

14. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I have a 6 game pack. I got an email today about a presentation before the next home game about how people can upgrade to season tickets to get in on the advance ticket sale for the ManU game.

15. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    And we will for this one.
    Unbelievable. What a way to run a non-profit!
    Easy to say when you're not the one trying to get in the black.
    You know, it's not like there are only a couple hundred free seats in the lower bowl ...
    Something like 5000+. So, even if that group buys the cheapest tickets, that's $200K. Peanuts. Why shouldn't they give away $200K? :rolleyes:

16. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    You need to be on BigFinance, not BigSoccer. I'm sure you're also excited that beer is now $11 instead of $10, that they went ultra-cheap on the magnetic schedules that are so small they're unreadable, and that they've taken away most of the "family value" options at the concession stands.

Sucks for fans, but hey, we've got a business to run.

17. Jjksoccer8888

Jjksoccer8888 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Warwick, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on how you look at it - this definitely won't help renewals...

18. Bradman

Bradman Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    @Krupp

5000 FULL season ticket holders?!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
    hahahahahaha, you're nuts, hahahahahaha.

Ah ha...but seriously, no wait, hahahahahaha

OK, really, so what if it was 10K. If Seattle and KC can do wait is right for their STH, why can't we?

Are waiting for a Revs-Colorado Superliga match?!

5000....never mind

19. neophilus

neophilus Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Methuen, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad you mentioned this because I noticed all three things last Saturday. When they handed me those awful key-chain cut out schedules I asked where the magnets were. They said "look on the back". I was appalled that some ugly glossy cardboard business card looking thing was meant to stick on a refrigerator. The beer thing was annoying because now you're going to get 6 bills back in small change every time you buy a beer, and if they raise the price don't think the server is going to get any of the difference either. The family food thing is just insulting.

But those magnets, I mean really how short sighted is that? Every year I've put up a beautiful full color Revs advertisement on my kitchen fridge and at my desk at work. That's free advertising. This year? That plastic-cardboard garbage went right into the trash can on my way up the ramp.

20. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not buy beer inside the stadium because I work in the liquor industry and I know the exact cost they pay for liquor. I do not want to contribute to a 800% mark up. And before anyone asks all on premise/off premise retailers get the same costs across the state.

21. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice.

22. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I would have estimated at least 1500%.

23. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could it be that Revolution fans aren't the target demographic for this match? Coult it also be that this match is in no way related to building the Revolution brand, but is all about the payday?

If the above is true, I'm disappointed, not offended. And I'm holding on to my money.

24. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    So, what you don't think that's a reasonable estimate?

I've heard that number bandied about before and we have had a good renewal rate this year. If you want to laugh at it, come up with some evidence that it's not a reasonable estimate.
    In Seattle's case, they must be raking in the dough, so they can afford to do a lot of things the Revs can't.
    Mines fine. The only problem I see is that the print is pretty small, but I figure that's just a problem because I'm getting old.

Really, if that's the kind of things we're complaining about ...
    Maybe they'll come up with that later; there's been one home game so far.

25. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, there are a lot of things (big and small) to be upset about. Since you brush off everything, it's hard to take you seriously when you say "oh, this one thing is no big deal."

That said, I don't care if they charge $100 for the Man U game if they can get it. I'm sure some people will be really excited about it, and that's great for them. The going rate for major celebrities going on international tours is pretty expensive. Going to see this game is like paying to see Elton John, U2, or whatever.

I won't be there, but more power to the people who are going. They won't have trouble selling tickets.

Now, for the MLS games that they have trouble getting people to go to... Really, $10 single-game GA tickets should be the standard.