Revs ve. ManU; US vs. Spain

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by shanary, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how long we can keep the grass that they're installing over the plastic....

2. kazakal28

kazakal28 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Weymouth
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: International Friendlies: New England vs. Manchester United and U.S. vs. Spain

we'll prob have a LoserPool game @ Fenway this year too

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    pray for a cancelled NFL season?

4. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: International Friendlies: New England vs. Manchester United and U.S. vs. Spain

Is this a doubleheader? How much do USMNT supporters section tickets usually cost at Gillette?

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This is cool. Good job Bobby Kraft and Sunil.

6. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It will be a single standalone match.

I would imagine the cheap seats for a game of this magnitude will start in the $35-45 range.

7. revolution1776

Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just as I was starting to worry about Sunil he pulls this off, and everyone always wondered what he actually does for the Revs.;)

8. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok, I agree that the hype will be huge...The crowd will be big. The game, even though a friendly will be taken pretty seriously by the media..

But, if by that time we're middle or bottom of the table..and we've lost games to expansion teams and generally have no scoring or cohesiveness in the midfield...Is that going to do ANYTHING to win over fans? Especially ones who know the difference between Karlsruhe and Kaiserslautern...?

Yea..I want to see good teams coming...but, I also want to be able to be proud and hopeful that our team has even a Chance! Because, it could turn into a really bad move for the Team and the Game in our region.

Keeping it real...

9. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006

Agreed. Revs are only offering 1 Special Game in STH package for 2011. That will be Man U match.

US Soccer will use this match to make a ton of $$ thus not having Revs do a doubleheader. That will also means parking will be $40 a vehicle for the US match.

Revs STHs might get first dibs at tix. Possible discount rate, but I doubt it.

Look for the Riders/Rebellion to combine forces with AO & Sams Army to get supporters tickets out at a discount for members.

10. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As far as this game is concerned...I CAN'T FRIGGEN WAIT!!! :D

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Um ... yes please. Actually let me clarify ... these two games would be absolutely f'in amazing.

As Ed said ... we need a "Nicol > Ferguson" banner. :D

Full out credit to the Revs FO for putting this together.

12. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA

I'm going to enjoy the heck out of both of these games, but they mean nothing for the Revs. The ManU friendly is just another game added to the legs of all our 30-somethings.

So the Champs League Final is on May 28th, which could easily involve Barca, and the first U.S. game is on June 7th in Detroit.

What would you think--Thursday June 2nd or Friday June 3rd for US-Spain?

They can't put it too close to either match.

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA

I like it.

14. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Hey, it could involve Real Madrid too. One of these days they are going to beat Barca again. I swear it.

My guess is if either of those clubs is in the CL final, then we won't be seeing any players from that team. On the bright side, it will open up slots for players like Llorente, Cazorla, Valero, Botia, De Gea, etc.

No matter what, Spain will be able to roll a few big names with a pack of supremely talented players to fill in around them.

15. Landfill27

Landfill27 New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Waterbury, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is making me so damn happy that I'm joining the AO next week hahahaha

16. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't be so sure...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQ6HY_PhNE"]YouTube - Kansas City Wizards - Manchester United Highlights[/ame]

17. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BB definitely said at the Supporter's Summit that STH would be offered early tix/discounts for the match.

18. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Any idea of projected date for US match?

FDA mentions before Gold Cup. I assume it would be sometime the week of 5/28-6/5...which would mean I am out of town. Which means depression.

19. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is amazing news

20. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June 4th

21. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I volunteer to help make them.

22. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mike that may not be the case...Brian Bilello made it a point to mention that bringing in a team like Barca(Man U) would cost so much that it may not be feasible to make that a Revs STH special match...something like the difference of 5000 season tickets being in the neighborhood of $400,000

I'd expect to be paying for both matches...Although he did mention early presale and discounts for STHs...

I'd guess STH's will also get free parking for the Revs match but like you said pay $40 for the US match.

Maybe AO/Sams Army can work a group parking price with the supporters tickets???

Well save our Special Game for the PLAYOFFS!!!:D

23. kylesoccer12

kylesoccer12 Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Can't believe I have to work at overnight soccer camp the week of the Manu game in Maine! I wil see everyone at the Spain game.

24. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ab-freaking-fantastic news!!!

Shalrie >Rooney

25. Landfill27

Landfill27 New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Waterbury, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yeah Shalrie > Rooney if it's a smoking contest.