Revs v. RSL In/Post Game chatter [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by IRguy, Jul 14, 2006.

1. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT 1-0 RSL

Revs r control the possession of that game but can't seam to break down RSL in the final 1/3. RSL getting a good counter goal agent the run of play. Revs are getting closer i think well pull this one out in the end.

2. DevP

DevP New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    North Cambridge, MA
    I felt like I was watching the USA WC games - lots of push but not conversion in the end!

And what the hell? 3-1 now???

3. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What in the name of Brigham Young is going out there?! 3-1 down to the Mormons?!

4. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
  5. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused:

RRRREV IT UP

6. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that about ruins my Friday night :p part bad luck part poor execution i kinda had a fell we might not win this game because RSL is one of those teams that even though they are not playing that well they have a lot of skill up front that will beat you if u don't finish off your changes. text book bunker counter win for RSL

7. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I think this game shows just how much we need Dempsey. We had the ball the entire time, ok we lost it only 3 times but 3 times to many apperently. With all the attack we had you would think that it would end up 3-1 score line like every one predicted, but it ends up 1-3.

I just cept on telling myself, we need Dempey, we need some one to break that defence, we played sooo good but could not score. We couldn't score when Demps was in Germany and we can't score when he gets suspended by a dumbass league.

Really we have no depth, even with everyone back. We have a core set of guys that works, but if any one of them is missing the entire building falls.

Twellman and Noonan looked like Brazillion forwards passing to each other, but end up looking like USA forwards shooting.

Dorman was running everywhere, but his balls hit everything but the goal.

Cancela played slow, and Franchino slower.

The Attack gets a B+ from me, they did everything but score.

The defence.... they get a F- and I guess 1-3 explains that. If Our defence didn't play soooo bad then we would have won. RSL is a bad team, they still are, the fact is that its very hard to score when a wall of 11 men are standing infront of the goal. And it easnt held if one of those men desides to break away and score on you all by himself.

Man, wish the Revs would give me a reason to drive up there for the 22nd.

RRRREV IT UP

8. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    That game defined our season. With the pre-game Dempsey suspension, and the lack of goals despite controlling the play, it just showed how unlucky our season has been. I honestly think 2-2- would have been a fair score, but 3-1 was just not how this game should have ended.

9. idiot wind

idiot wind Member

Mar 12, 2004
    We badly need an attacking presence in central midfield.

10. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do, He was suspened.

Man, Dempsey best not be leaving us anytime soon.

RRRREV IT UP

11. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    We need Khano back. If we get a left sided player, we can put Ralston back on the right, pushing Dorman into either Cnacela or Larentowicz role from tonight. Dempsey can then play in his normal attack role and we could add two solid players to the bench in Cancela and Jeff L.

12. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy you can say that again, RSL center backs where just sitting in there waiting for Crosses to come in all night. It's that the crossing is bad either it's just to praticable. That said we still hand our changes and didn't get it done.

13. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Just got back from the game.

Maybe Stevie will learn that FINESSE DEFENSE DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Did any one of our back three make a single hard tackle all match? All they did is try to fill lanes and back off of RSL attackers.

Riley was badly beaten to space by Klein on the 1st goal, the Cunningham goal is the worst team defending the Revs have exhibited under the entire Nicol administration, and at least 4 players looked on as Old Man Kreis took his time to load up and fire from well inside the box.

Standing, watching, passes flying out of bounds time and again.

An atrocious performance rightly booed by some at halftime and many at full time.

This patient needs a HEART transplant.

14. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    so glad we put franchino in for cancela, i thought the attendance was quite a bit better than the 11k or so that mlsnet is reporting. highlight of the night was seein Forko. such a great name.

15. Dempsey would help, but you can't score if you don't shoot! They insist on trying to thread everything to Twellman. Dorman had a few good runs but altogether they had 4-5 excellant opportunities to score but seemed to hesitate and look for Twellman.

16. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Hell, they coulda put me or anyone else in for Cancela and I would have cheered. Awful. Absolutely awful. But he's not the only one.

On the way home, I thought about putting myself on a 48-72 hour posting ban because I am that pissed off, and maybe I'd say something I shouldn't. Then again, maybe I'll say something we all need to hear.

Tonight, the entire team mailed it in. No guts. No second wind. Or to put it more crudly.. No cojones. The whole night, nobody moved into open space. Nobody made a run. Nobody ran at the defense. Nobody hit a good cross. Instead we dribbled into people, made harmless square passes, and hit the worst crosses I have ever seen

I may not have the esteemed cheering pedigree of the people who've been here since day 1.. but what I saw tonight sickened me. Made me ill. Right now, I'm cheering for the name on the front of the shirt, cuz I can't quite muster enough to give a damn about any of the names on the back. I can accept a bad team, if they try. This team may have talent, but they are lazy.

The team should be ashamed to cash their paychecks this week, cuz they didn't do a god-damned thing to earn them.

17. RevsCurvaSud

RevsCurvaSud New Member

May 1, 2006
    The Fort
    The If your team has lost hope clap your hands chant at the end pretty much says it all.

18. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    it was pretty damn awful. going into the second half i thought we were fine, we had majority of possession, had better chances, just needed to finish. guess i was wrong. RSL had 3 chances, and scored on all 3. pretty much every cross the revs DID manage to get off was headed out and instantly gone. just so ********in frustrating.

19. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    There was only one player out there in a blue shirt that had a good game--Jeff Larentowicz.

20. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001
    hm.

i though jef laerqwepofwtits was just a plain body on the field, and then ran out of gas w 20 minutes left.

the center of midfild was not a presense. josepf was not strong either.

id go as far as to say MVP joseph has been a let down from last year, and that is a major difference. of course he's had no partner all season....

we need dempsey and hernandez back , to control the center of the park.

and the back line save for heaps, was AWFUL. parkhurst and riley SUCKED.

21. keeppah

keeppah Member

Feb 10, 2000
    Taunton, MA
    This has to be a joke. He was given acres of space and blindly tried to flick the ball or hit a pass to absolutely nobody on almost every occassion. If you told me it was Brian Scalabrine out there, I would have believed you.

22. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    as a neutral - agree that Larentowicz played pretty well. I also think many of you are overreacting.

Your team is still the most entertaining team in the league, even missing a couple of key players. You created enough chances tonight, just couldn't put it in and didn't defend so well.

I bet the Revs win it all this year.

23. keeppah

keeppah Member

Feb 10, 2000
    Taunton, MA
    I agree. Maybe after the flashes of his offensive side last year, I had higher hopes for him than I should have. He is simply too slow with the ball at his feet.

I still love his defensive abilities though and get the sense the Revs will turn it up a notch once the season starts to get meaningful.

24. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Thanks.. you're just saying that because you hope we continue embarassing Celtic, right? :)

For the folks that were there, we're just frustrated at the # of "give ups" we saw that ended attacks

25. keeppah

keeppah Member

Feb 10, 2000
    Taunton, MA
    Gotta give DC credit for their fast start, but I think you may be right. Unless of course Dempsey heads across the pond.