Revs v. Houston In Game [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by IRguy, May 27, 2006.

1. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same line up as last week only Noonan starting.

Houston just missed a sitter!!! :eek:

2. tedski

tedski Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Tucson, Baja Arizona
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston are wearing orange jerseys, by the way. I wasn't sure if you noticed, because Brad seems to think he needs to keep mentioning it.

How the heck did Mike get his ukelele in? If I go to the 'Boro, I'm bringing my vihuela.

3. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    25 mins. Riley down and out Sub in revs moveing to a 4-4-2 ???

4. Alex DeLarge

Alex DeLarge New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Atlanta
    Looks like a reasonable turnout of supporters.
    What's the special occasion?

5. YNWAYNWA

YNWAYNWA New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    obviously it's . . .
    ;)

any free online audio available?

think the Bosox have taken over the usual outlets

6. Soc4Us

Soc4Us Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Dunstable, MA
    Back and forth kind of half. Houston expended a ton of energy putting pressure on the ball (unfortunately pretty successfully). Hopefully they slow down as the game moves on.

Revs missing Dempsey in this one as Dorman is the only one capable of covering ground. Joseph looks very stationary and is turning the ball over.

7. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT 0-0

The injury to Riley Hurts i think, but jeff Larentowicz has looked good.

Houston is getting a lot of pressure up though the midfield and causing a lot of turnovers. Revs need to use the wength of the field more Dorman has been opened all night.

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching this one up in PRI.

Revs playing POORLY with way to many giveaways. We are very lucky not to be down by two or three as Houston has had a lot of clear looks at the goal and if they had put the ball on net the goal was wide open. I think we miss Hernandez and Joseph isn't physically himself---ergo--we are losing the midfield.

Larentowicz playing well as a sub

9. tedski

tedski Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Tucson, Baja Arizona
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez...this thread sucks when the Revs are at home.

10. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal Ralson!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope there's something that I am not aware because I'm sitting here scramblin' my brain to try to figure out why on earth members in the front row of The Fort are wearing San Jose Earthquakes jerseys while supporting the Revs. Someone please, for the love of god, fill me in on this b/c, to me, there appears to be no good answer in mind.

12. Parrish

Parrish Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Lincoln Park,Chicago
    Pigtails!!!!!

WTF?

13. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
  14. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much better second half play by the Revs but again they give up a soft goal for a tie. Revs had a bunch of chances for a second goal but just didn't put the game away.

The Ref was not willing to protect our forwards from Houston battering. He missed a bunch of key calls and should have sent off Mullen with a second yellow and given a bunch more to the Houston defenders. His first MLS Refing assignmernt---give him a "C -"

15. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw the box score, how on earth was that a crowd of only 10,882?

16. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Mullan didn't get a first yellow card, so it would have been hard to send him off with a second. I think you're probably talking about Robinson, who did have a yellow card. But if you're going to complain about that non call (which is a valid question), then I'll say that Heaps should have had a second yellow in the first half when he jumped into Cerritos from behind and put an elbow to his neck. Even the Revs announcers commented on that noncall by the ref.

Not sure what was going on with the Revs in the first half, but the second half was a pretty good game with good chances on both sides. Not that impressed with Twellman though, he missed the chance on a couple of occasions to slip a pass to Dorman for a wide open shot. Noonan looked rusty, but it was good to see him on the pitch again. I think he's one injury away from being on the WC squad, so hopefully he can get on form in case Reyna or OBrien (or any other midfielder) goes down.

17. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlucky, thats all late goal off a defelction about about 40 mins. of domating the feild. I had a feeling if the revs used the flanks better they would have a lot of sucess on Hoston.

18. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the correction---and I agree on the Heaps came close to getting a second yellow. My beef is with the repeated, deliberate slowing of play by defenders without tem getting carded. Houston had 22 fould most of them by defenders. I get pissed when a Ref let defenders repeatedly knock down forwards to stop play and not give cards.

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came here just to ask that question. It dumbfounded the entire viewing party I was at. Even more bizarre was the fact that Ralston went to celebrate with them.

I assume there's an explanation, but I can't figure it out.

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Some of us (Revolution supporters) were wearing Earthquakes jerseys as a demonstration of support for San Jose fans who had their team unceremoniously taken away from them. Just imagine if someone bought the Revs, moved them to... I dunno. St. Louis, and left the fans here high and dry.

The Magpie

21. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Thanks for the show of support! Some of us continue to follow and root for Houston, but it's definitely not the same as having a local team.

22. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001

i get it, but its inappropriate in my mind you rub it in thier noses and get under thier skin.
    pretty lame. kinda like gifting your opponent a road tie.

works in kindergarden, cause you get the 'sharing award' but in life it just makes you a loser.

sorry for the bitterness. i am a mad unhappy sad man right now.

you can sympathise before the game ( and i do stand with our SJ brothers), but once the whistle blows, its back to the proverbial bags of urine and batteries.

23. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001
    and regarding the game, Shalire shouldn't be playing, two games in a row prove cancela is a sub and we miss hernandez

these are the facts and the difference between wins and everthing else.

24. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Shalrie seemed to be playing fine, I don't see why we shouldn't have played him, odds are he'll get his fifth yellow soon and have to sit a game anyways. Hernandez will be missed, but we can do without him. Riley getting injured makes our depth even worse, but Smith, Hernandez, Galik and Oliveira should be back over the next month.

The only players I didn't like today were Matt Reis and Taylor Twellman. Twellman was nonexistent today, and everytime he touched the ball, he would send it 20 yds in the wrong direction. An overall bad day for Taylor. Reis had some solid plays, but he seems to be losing his confidence lately, the Dallas game and the goal today being prime examples (though the goal was mostly the defense's fault).