Revs v. Hoops 6/28 In Game/Post Game [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by IRguy, Jun 28, 2006.

1. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knock, knock,....anyone out here?

Anyways looking for a good game

Avery and Dempsey starting

Rev 2-1

2. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Revs v. Hoops 6/28 In Game [R]

Great ball by by heaps to put Dorman though but cuts wide 4 min.

3. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ralston with a give alway in the box great save by Ries 6 min

Anyone out there?

4. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

GAOL!!! TnT nice feeed form Dempsey!!! 21min.

5. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Several opportunities for the Revs tonight.
    Twellman and Dorman working well together.
    Dempsey could have had another, plus took a header away from Annie Lebowitz or however you spell his name.

1:0 halftime.

6. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man of the Match: Clint Dempsey

It REALLY is our injury problems that's making us suck. It's only 45 min and we have looked better then any minute of the other 4-5 previous games. Once we get Noonan bac in to help TnT up top and Hernandez to help Joeseph, we will once again be the Super Revs.

It could be 4-0 right now, but unlike dallas we like to keep it close at the half :D

RRRREV IT UP

7. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Revs playing well, but given up to much on the left side could be a problem in the second haft

8. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Funny, Clint was being interviewed at the half, and being congratulated on great pass to TnT for the goal. Clint says he was actually trying to go low to the far post, and hit some ground when he swung his foot. Feldman laughed and thanked CD for his honesty. Clint: "just keeping it real, man."

9. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution

We were lucky, but so what. Three points baby! Clint added so much to our attack. John was wonderful considering he hasn't played an MLS game since last octoberish.

10. NateP

NateP Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Plainfield, NH, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I guess I'm a bad luck charm. I haven't missed a game as a season ticket holder until tonight, and we've been mediocre at best. Today I'm having a bad afternoon and decide I don't want to drive 5hrs round trip in the rain to watch FCD blow us off the field and we play great (in the bits I was able to watch).

Now lets see what happens on Sat when I do make it down....

11. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution

Yes, you are bad luck.

No, don't go to the game.

Just kidding. I'm just keepin it real.:)

12. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution

BTW, if RSL holds on tonight, this was a good day for our relegation (whoops, I mean playoff) battle. CLB and RBNY put on a show cricket-style so we gained on those two "organizations".

13. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id

I was a little upset with the fact that cancela cant send in crosses with his left foot. there were a number of opportunities to put the ball in the box from the left and he chose to cross over to his right and play a slow middle ball or put it through with his right at a bad angle.
    Good game for the revs, we moved the ball well especially in the latter first half. I wish dempsey chances came through but he looks sharp and hopefully he will bring the pace that he grew accustomed to in the world cup.

14. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH

I think I'm good luck, everytime I go they get a win (except for the Houston game, but nobody needs to know about that).

The Fort was louder than usual it seemed tonight (few extra beers chugged down perhaps?) and the 7000 fans that were there made it sound like around 10k, very strong voice.

The game itself was great and it was nice to see Avery John and Clint Dempsey perform so well, though Clint made me a little nervous with his giveaways in the beginning. You could see how much Taylor, Andy, Shalrie and the rest of the bunch were so relieved by the international returns. The defense was sharp today, until the end of the game. Anyone else notice it was right around when Lochead came on that we started to slip up? Hopefully he'll get a full Reserves game when they play next (tomorrow?). Great game and with Danny H and Pat coming back soon, we can surely only get better. Can't wait to thrash the Red Balls on Saturday.

15. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH

I saw him use his left just as much as his right, he seemed to do very well with his left foot and I remember thinking that exact though during the game.

16. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution

cancela playing with no confidence, not even trying to take on the defender one v one. i thought he looked lazy in the first half, nicol must have given him a talking to during halftime because he came out much better in the 2nd half before being (rightly) substituted.

dorman and dempsey combining on the right look great. i think maybe we put ralston on the bench if/when we get a true left-footed player back. avery looked good.

too bad clint went for glory and took away larentowicz's scoring opportunity... woulda been great to see his first ever MLS goal.

17. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH

We must have been looking at differnet Cancela's because I saw him put in a solid effort. He wasn't amazing, nor was he terrible, just average. When Hernandez and Noonan come back, we will most likely get him and Larentowicz out of the starting 11, so it's not like he's a permanent fixture in the squad. I do think he is a much better sub than a starter because he can come on in the last 15 minutes and change a game (much like the snowy Metros v NE playoff game last year)

18. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm a fan of Hernandez but I'm not sure he's going to push Larentowicz to the bench. We all have been talking about how great Dorman has been during this period of severe personnel shortages but I also think Larentowicz has taken and made the best of this chance to play and is playing well enough that Hernandez is going to have trouble getting his starting spot back. Of course Joseph will have to sit a game out one of these days and having both Hernandez and Larentowicz as DMF's makes me feel reasonably secure.

19. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH

I don't think Hernandez is just going to come back and take his spot, but he will most likely come on as a sub and get some match fitness then eventually take his spot. Larentowicz is playing great and is a good amount younger than Danny, so that's an advantage, but I think hernandez has experience from Mexico that helps cool a game down.

20. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA

Cancela slows the game down too much. He needs to move the ball quickly. And his lack of effort on defense is startling. When Noonan returns, will Pepe be on the pine?

Ralston was slow last night, too. I think the Revs had better start planning a Steve Ralston Night, because I think that (sad to say) this is the end of the road for Stevie.

Lawrentowicz has been terrific. Unlike Lochhead, with Lawrentiowicz you now expect him to get the job done.

21. rob1066

rob1066 Member

Nov 12, 2003

Anybody know exactly what Nicol was fuming about at the end of the game? My Tivo didn't tape the very end so I'm not sure. It looked like Lockhead was to come in for Dempsey, who was pulling his hammy a bit. But then Taylor got knocked and he got subbed instead. I wasn't sure if Nicol was upset over the elbow to Taylor or if the sideline ref had messed up the substitution.

22. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez

I think that was it...it was a pretty good elbow which opened up that gash...

23. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can you say==RED CARD :mad:

I don't know what was up with Abby O last night but he should have handed out a significant number of yellow cards and instead just let things go. I'm all for letting the guys play but when a player is on a break away and headed towards goal and is intentionally taken down from behind---IT MUST BE A CARD. Not so with Abby last night. :rolleyes:

24. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA

Anyone else notice that Monty's attendance in the Fort was deemed worthy of comment in the games play by play? I think it was something like

tv shot zooms in to Monty yelling 'You Suck' during a goal kick
    "And that's Monty Rodrigues, president of the Riders and dirty, dirty media whooer, just back from the World Cup."

25. REV-OKe

REV-OKe Member

Apr 4, 2001

after watching the card happy refs at the WC, i was actually refresshed to see the ref talking and controling things on the field.

i guess there were a couple of fouls in either dirction that could have been callled/sanctioned, but after the WC i'm content to see no blood no foul, let the boys play.