Revs Roster Thread, 2022 Season

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Mar 30, 2022.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker repped this.
  2. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Bou has played in 11 of 22 games this season. I don't feel like at this point in the season we can bank on him as a constant fixture in the starting lineup. Which is not good because he is our leading scoring threat as we wait for Vrioni to adapt to the league/team.

upload_2022-8-4_8-42-56.png

edcrocker repped this.
  3. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the Lletget move was due to him about to trigger additional $ to LAG from the original deal.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would hate that because that's the Revs of old type of philosophy. I'd like to think this is a move with a second move to come.

5. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you’re right.

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Agree, because it frees up a roster spot and significant salary cap room. And, it's a pretty good return in $$.

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't think Lleget's been any more than solid and his scoring hasn't been any more than would be expected for pretty much anyone with his number of minutes. I do feel like he was like a responsible adult in the room when it comes to the attack, we can/should do better. I think even Rivera will get better over time if he gets consistent minutes.

8. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve been trying to beat back my Pavlovian reflex, developed over decades, to think this is just Kraft saving money. PLEASE don’t let it be that!

Feldspar repped this.
  9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker repped this.
  10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

edcrocker repped this.
  11. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    A winger makes sense, but a goalkeeper? Unless there are other injuries other than Jackson ...

12. superkeeper

superkeeper Member

Jul 9, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Possibly a move with an eye to next year? Knighton might be thinking about retiring and Edwards is a 30 year old journeyman who didn't show a ton. They might be looking for a second high level keeper to push Petrovic and be a more reliable backup.

firstshirt repped this.
  13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an additional tweet from Carlisle saying that Miami is paying part of Diop's salary, which is why the Revs gave up $125k.

edcrocker repped this.
  14. edcrocker

edcrocker Member+

May 11, 1999
    #214 edcrocker, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    I don’t remember Ismael Tajouri-Shradi, who is a Libyan international, very well. Apparently, his main position has been right wing, which is a position at which the Revs could use some reinforcements, especially with the departure of Sebastian Lletget. Here are Tajouri-Shradi’s MLS career stats:

https://www.lafc.com/players/ismael-tajouri-shradi/stats/

His most recent club is LAFC. On their website, he is not listed as an International Player. And Gustavo Lopez, who covers MLS and the Revs for Nossaradio and Território MLS, has tweeted that Tajouri-Shradi will not use an international slot. Here:

In Tajouri-Shradi's first season with New York City (2018), he scored 11 goals. Last season, which was his final season with New York City, he had 26 appearances, 14 starts, 7 goals and 1 assist. This season, his first with LAFC, he has played in only 6 games. He hasn’t made the bench a lot for LAFC this season. Prior to the start of the season, he had some kind of pelvic injury that required surgery (here).

It looks like early in the 2022 season, he played some games for LAFC. He scored 1 goal in March and 1 goal in April. Then he got injured again. This time, it may have been a quad injury. Here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LAFC/comments/vnmig9/dang_how_bad_was_ismael_tajourishradis_quad/

Some people on the internet have said that he has been injury-prone. Here’s a link to information on his MLS injury history:

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/ismael-tajouri-player

He made the bench for LAFC on July 8 and July 17, playing 6 minutes in the later match. However, he did not make the bench for LAFC in their last two games. Here is a link to his MLS match log:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/ismael-tajouri-shradi/match-log/

In 2021, Tajouri-Shradi scored a nice goal for LAFC against the Revs. Here is a link to it:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/goa...-minute#goal-ismael-tajouri-nycfc-85th-minute

It’s hard for me to evaluate this potential acquisition for the Revs, because I don’t remember Tajouri-Shradi that well. I will say: When he’s been healthy, he’s been fairly productive in MLS. And he won MLS Cup last season with New York City. He played in the MLS Cup Final against Portland, entering the game in the 80th minute and playing the entire extra time period.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  15. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of churn -- unusual for the Revs -- but nothing to set the fanbase on fire. A backup defender, a backup goalie, a backup winger -- meh. Lletget and probably Traustason leaving -- also meh.

I remember transfer windows when we wished the Revs would do something -- anything, really -- and they instead did nothing. This year the Revs have done a lot... but the feeling of being underwhelmed remains.

16. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker repped this.
  17. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A backup keeper that was not really needed. A back up DM/D was an okay move I guess and a right winger that will probably move into the starting lineup. Not really any moves that gives fans the warm fuzzies

edcrocker repped this.
  18. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I am a lot more positive about the changes - and am thrilled by Bruce seeing needs and doing something about them.

We've been talking about center-back depth and it has been addressed - particularly with a young/versatile player that can still develop.

Lleget was solid/responsible, but not much of a scoring threat. I think T-S is clearly a much more prolific scorer - whether he can be healthy/fit enough and defend well enough, we'll have to see. But I think with he and Borrero on opposite wings, it may be the most threatening wing pair we've ever had.

It also sounds like the Lleget move was prompted the player - I was always a little skeptical about whether he'd be happy on the east coast. His girlfriend/wife(?) is pretty high-profile and I suspect she needs to be in/around LA. Maybe Dallas is just a way to get closer?

While the Diop move hopefully will have no real impact this season (clearly we want Petro to play every minute possible), I had little faith in Edwards or Knighton, so if we need a backup keeper, it should be an upgrade.

Clearly a lot of our fortune relies on Bou getting/staying healthy. I feel like they've been very cautious with him, but it's pretty much time where he'll have to play, whether %100, %75 or whatever.

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker repped this.
  20. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ITS and Makoun are good additions to the team - solid options. I don't really like moving on from Da Boy but I get the sense that he didn't really "fit" into the way the team prefers to play and that he and Becky may have wanted a different scene. Diop is definitely a future move, getting in a backup GK now with Knighton and Edwards on the way out after this season and Jackson recovering from ACL injury. Certainly, after Vrioni, they did nothing that was a "WOW" move. But if (and it is a big if given the patterns this year) they can get to full health and stay that way, they should have the ability to play as well as they did last year.

edcrocker repped this.
  21. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    It's the new Taj!

22. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lleget was a little bit of a head-scratcher for me. I guess BA has decided to play the kids, which I agree with, and let Lleget know; so Lleget then asks to be moved to a team he can start for. I think that is a good sign for the Revs, where a player that might not fit in or be a starter can be let go; knowing full well that they can find and sign replacements.

23. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker repped this.
  24. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't think it was about that - I think Lleget wanted to move for 'personal reasons' (my guess is to be closer to the west coast) and Arena accommodated him while looking for a more attacking option as a replacement.

Lleget certainly couldn't complain about playing time, and if there was a change of direction, it would really be jumping the gun to ask out before he had even sat out a start.

25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doyle gives the Revs a "win":

Winners and losers from the MLS Secondary Transfer Window
    By Tom Bogert, Matthew Doyle
    Friday, Aug 5, 2022, 04:49 PM