PBP: Revs @ Rapids • 7:30pm • Sat., Sept, 16 • Apple TV

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Sep 16, 2023.

1. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Wow, what a crazy set of story lines coming into this match. The saga drama in NE around Bruce Arena and Richie Williams. It appears that Clint Peay has been elevated from NE II to be the head coach the rest of this season. With all the above, NE are likely going to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

Of course the Rapids have their own issues - Fraser's been sacked and Chris Little is now the HC for the rest of the season, but beyond that and perhaps more importantly, C38 has issued a public letter about KSE shortcomings in their management of the Rapids and will be protesting by wearing black and walking out at the 20th minute of tonight's match.

On the pitch it will be interesting to see the attitude and motivation of both sides. And with Chris Little at the helm, will the formation/tactics be significantly different from Fraser?

Looks like Lewis and Rubio will be able the Rapids will be healthy minus Price. Wonder if Luis Diaz will get any playing time?

Despite all of NE's distractions they should still be favored.

2. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    The banners left on the stands after the walkout look great on TV fellas!

Quinn 33, Stuart95, JasonMa and 3 others repped this.
  4. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0 - 0 at half. Big surprise there.

I'm not falling asleep during this one because I love seeing the message behind the goal.

JasonMa repped this.
  5. jrowe13

jrowe13 Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Out at the 20th.

Attached Files:

6. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOTW candidate from Harris!

Quinn 33, JasonMa and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  7. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    At the very least the assist of the week from Navarro!

Quinn 33 and JasonMa repped this.
  8. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've entered the nihilist stage of Rapids fandom. Its a victory, but nothing matters any more this season.

COMtnGuy, Sports Yak, unkiemark and 4 others repped this.
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The party in the parking lot during the game was lit, as the kids say. Great vibes out there.

AlbertCamus, COMtnGuy, Quinn 33 and 3 others repped this.
  10. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stadium sounded great for the first 20 minutes. After that, you could hear shouts on the pitch ... definitely made an impact.

Quinn 33, TheWarmBurger and JasonMa repped this.
  11. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message received C38. Well done. Standing ovation. Proud of the C38. They stuck to their guns. What’s the saying? F around and find out? I’d like to think they inspired the team to a victory last night. Again, well done C38. You guys and gals rock!

12. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    It was the same on the broadcast. You could clearly hear the loud and rousing cheering / chanting on TV.

Then you could clearly hear Take Me Home Country Roads.

Then it was so silent you could hear most every sound on the pitch. It was almost as quiet as the MLS Is Back games before they started piping in game sounds.

Bravo C38. Bravo.

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy and Stuart95 repped this.
  14. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    And about the actual game: Bassett has been mediocre at best all season, but he really shined in the 35 minutes he played in the 2nd half; Harris was lively all game and his goal was beautiful and the reaction of his teammates and coaches showed that he is really respected by everyone; Bombito was everywhere, and cleared balls (albeit as high as possible) all over the place; Navarro works very hard and with some quality service he will score goals; Ilic with one fine save; the Tavares injury was very odd--trouble breathing it looked like and the medical staff were with him when he came to the bench for a long time.

Stuart95 repped this.
  15. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I missed the game again. Heckuva CU v.CSU football game instead. Maybe I can get interested in the Rapids again, but that is in question.

AlbertCamus and unkiemark repped this.
  16. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I too was out late on Saturday night, didn't get back to the house till 1am. What a game.

It was great to see that the Rapids won and actually scored a couple of goals and only conceded very late. According to the graphic I saw the Rapids came out in a 4-2-3-1 but some have suggested it was more like a 4-3-3.