Revs-LA In Match Chatter (R)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Soccer Doc, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Jasonisimo

Jasonisimo New Member

Jun 3, 2003
    Boston
    Get over it. Latham was fouled right at 92:46. Set-up, take the kick, corner, take the kick, goal.

2. thigpig

thigpig New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    upstate NY
    no he didn't. it was just under 3 when the free kick was given. you've got to let them take the free kick, its like a corner.

3. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides LA took 30+ seconds on that offside restart in extra time.

4. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only extra time he allowed was the time needed to set up the final free kick, and the few seconds of play immediately after. Essentially Kennedy allowed one final attacking move; had the ball gone ANYWHERE but the goal off of Dorman's feet, it would've been a loss for us.

5. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's more eQuake fans here tonight than Rev fans. :)

Gutsy finish by the Rev. I love this team.

6. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    If a free kick is awarded, seems like they let them take the kick, even if time is technically out. The foul was called just under the 93 minute mark (by only a couple of seconds, but it was before)

Matchtracker says Naldo got carded after the game was over, haven't seen that happen before.

7. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    Huh. I came upstairs at 91' swearing at the TV. Going outside to mow the lawn with 3 minutes left away at the Metros a few weeks back should have taught me a lesson.

8. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to need a screenshot of Dorman shushing the LA fans after his goal. Anyone got it? :D

9. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thank you one and all for a good PBP and to Storman Andy Dorman for the point. The Revs lost no ground tonight as the Mutts gave uo two goals to RSL who was down a man for a tie, and KC gave uo two goals to the CRapids when they were a man down to lose. Not a bad night after all. :p

10. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    good god. i watched the entire game. la scores. about 1 minute left in extra time, i say screw this, i really needed to use the restroom. i come back and see they tied it :mad: gd bladder

11. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    That was only the 3rd Revs game I've watched in its entirety. To be honest, they didn't play as well as I expected. But, I expect that not having Dempsey, Ralston, and Noonan might have something to do with that.

Gutsy comeback by them, glad to see them get the tie. Now when LA visits Massachusetts, you need to take 3 points!

12. thigpig

thigpig New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    upstate NY
    the gals are just earning their name. they should go cry more. that game was completely fair. the ref did nothing out of the ordinary. they just were in victory lane before they actually were. they could have cleared it

13. JG_Revs

JG_Revs Moderator

Sep 11, 1999
    Boston
    Phew, doesn't get much closer than that. A loss would've been harsh on us for sure.

Second half was better, probably Joseph's best 45 all year. Thought Cancela and Franchino were good too, although Jose was poor in the first half. Well-struck free-kick too, unlucky that Hartman got there. Lots of space opened up in the middle in the last 20, it was too bad Dempsey wasn't out there.

Khano Smith actually had his best game. He seems to be improving, which is nice. IMO, Latham can have the starting left mid position tomorrow. Get Leonard off the field.

What was Steve Sampson thinking with those subs? I was happy to see Pando taken off, but downright thrilled to see Cobi removed. Those were the only dangerous players out there. Baffling stuff. On a related note, I'm starting to see the contempt for Naldo. What a miserable man.

It would've been real depressing losing on a late goal like that, facing a week in second place with our game against Chicago looming sans our top 4 players. I suppose part of that remains true, but now we can at least look at a tie in Chicago as a decent result.

14. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, if this happen to the Revs a couple years ago, it's a loss, and probably a 2-0 loss. But this team is different, this team is on fire. You can't stop watching til the final whistle is blown.

I was incredibly excited when Andy scored. I was yelling "F' You LA, F' You!". And Naldo showed his true side, which is nothing but a punk.

15. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Good finish to what was a pretty boring game, I love to see the gals throw away points like that.

16. stats

stats New Member

Apr 11, 2005

dude go post that on the galaxy message board. seriously. everyone has been screaming all that for the last 2 months.

17. Scott Zawadzki

Feb 18, 1999
    Midlothian, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an FYI for everybody wondering about the added time...the announced added time is a MINIMUM. The foul was called at 92:58, the goal was scored at 93:20. There is absolutely nothing for them to bitch about.

18. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Not to mention its 3 minutes of stoppage time excluding the wasted time. The refereee rightfully should have stopped his watch while the ball was dead.

19. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. losgatosfan

losgatosfan New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Who's the fourth? You're missing Noonan, Dempsey and Ralston. Who else?

21. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    A. John (does anyone know why he has the A on his jersey being the only John on the team?)

22. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    60 seconds of Quinn's life... F MLS for playing durring national team games, F the revs not knowing what color jersey they are wearing, F this match. Good Fing match Galaxy we didn't deserve point here. (Dad climbs in bed like he's half dead retard, moves the controller and like always changes the channel by accident). I don't care I walk to the other room swearing at everything I see, semed like a hundred try to hit 142 (FSW)...

SPRINT DOWN THE HALL YELLING DORMANS NAME, JUMP ON MY PARENTS BED, HUG THEM AND CHANGE THE CHANNEL BACK THE THE 1-1 GAME.

I went from pissed off the extatic, my mom went from happy to mad cause my father changed the channel, and my dad goes from half dead, to fully dead cause my mom is ripping him a new one for ruining it all for us.

How many times is my family going to go through a emotional rollercoaster this season?

23. JG_Revs

JG_Revs Moderator

Sep 11, 1999
    Boston
    Joseph. Went over the caution point limit tonight.
    Yeah he's also missing and starting-caliber, but not nearly as significant. Dempsey, Joseph, Noonan, Ralston are without a doubt our top 4 guys (Twellman and Reis fight it out for 5th). John I'd put in the top 12 or 13.

24. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Ah yeah, thought you were just talking about Gold Cup callups, its gonna be real tough at Chicago next week with Joseph out.

25. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Stats: why don't reveal where you're from? Your anti-Twellman bias is obvious. Why don't you go to the Chicago boards where you belong?