Revs Goal of the Year

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by revsfan21, Oct 17, 2004.

1. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    What goal do you think was the best? My favorite was Steve Ralston's on week 15.

2. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    I thing Ralston's winning goal last night was the best of the year, both for style and substance.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    There are a couple I like, but the Cancela/Ralston goal last night takes the cake: haven't seen a ball sent in with that touch and accuracy since Edwin Gorter was sill playing, and Steve used every ounce of skill to collect it out of mid-air and place it in the corner.

4. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You also have to give a nod to Clint Dempsey's diving header against Dallas. Great move by Stevie on the near side to get free, excellent cross, and a beautifully struck header by Dempsey.

But in the end, you have to give it to Ralston's goal last night. A bigger goal was not scored for us this year.

5. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve has a couple beauties this year to pick from. I like the one against Chicago?? where Dempsey sliced his way through the midfield and scored on Ring.

6. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ralston web duster PK, hands down. That was a work of art.

A close second was the beauty last night, it also gets drama points.

Face it, Ralston is da man, team MVP without a doubt.

This is still a team that doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, but if they buy a miracle and hoist the MLS Cup, it deserves to be Ralston wearing the arm band and being the first to lift it.