Revs/Fire Viewing Party: Plainville

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Nov 13, 2003.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got this e-mail from the Revs:

Are you excited about the Revolution game this Friday? Would you like to watch it on a large screen TV with other Rev's fans?

There is a viewing party for the game this Friday at 8:30 PM at The Chieftain Pub. Come cheer on the Revs! No cover charges and they have a band playing music after the game:

The Chieftain Pub
    Rte. 1, Plainville
    www.chieftainpub.com
    Directions - Rte 495 to Exit 14B (Rte 1 South). Take Rte 1 South through 2 Sets of Lights. After 2nd Set of lights, the Chieftain will be about 1/4 mile down on the left.

2. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    Anyone been there before?

3. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    yeah, it's a nice Irish pub (with Irish owners even) with pretty good pub food and beer. Meals come with homemeade bread, which is nice. However, I haven't been there for a sports broadcast.

4. Tmax

Tmax Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Vermont
    I heard a good number of the Revs staff and players usually end up there for watching matches. Makes sense, as its just down Rt 1 from the stadium.

5. Gregor

Gregor New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    Boston, MA USA
    actually I've heard that too, my father in law had a few beers with Ivan McKinely there

6. Out_of_Touch

Out_of_Touch New Member

Mar 10, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't think last night's crowd was much into the game. :) Probably a great place to watch a game mid-week.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    TheOverDraught was the place to be: pretty well packed and I'd say a majority of the people were into the match, maybe over 50 people- plus watching including at least one Rev staffer.

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Daniel Hernadez

Didnt want to start a new thread but though some you might be interested.

Catch Ex Revolution midfielder Daniel Hernandez playing a very important match for his new club Necaxa in Aguascalientes Mexico. Their playoff hopes on on the line.

It is on now on Telefutura.

MLS has been mentioned in good light several times already.