Revs-Dallas Pre Match Chatter

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Soccer Doc, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yeah. I'd definitely say that Metro has done worse with more than you guys. Zenga alone covers most of their good internationals outside Guevara, and when you match up the remaining Rev internationals, they overcome him.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That really would make for an interesting discussion, who's been worse. I still say we have. But not a topic for here.

3. obninsk23

obninsk23 New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Wrentham State School Revolution practice field

Guys:
    Anyone knows directions or address to Revs practice field - Wrentham State School? I know US MNT practices there and I wonder if I could see them. I went yesterday to Wrentham development center near Rt 1A - nothing. I went to Foxboro State School fiels off Payson Rd - nothing.
    Where is it?

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Re: Wrentham State School Revolution practice field

The Revs no longer practice there from what I understand, instead, they use a practice field immediately adjacent to Gillette Stadium. The USMNT has not been training there either, chosing instead to practice at Harvard (yesterday).

The Magpie

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSNet's preview:

REFEREE: Abbey Okulaja. SAR (bench): George Vergara; JAR (opposite): Adam Wienckowski; 4th: Erich Simmons
    MLS Career: 32 games; FC/gm: 31.0; Y/gm: 3.6; R: 3; pens: 11
    Games involving Revolution: P5 W2 L1 T2; FC/gm: 28.4; Y/gm: 4.6; R: 0; pens: 1
    Games involving FC Dallas: P8 W2 L4 T2; FC/gm: 26.9; Y/gm: 2.1; R: 0; pens: 4

INJURY REPORT: NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION - OUT: GK Kyle Singer (R shoulder sprain); PROBABLE: FW Taylor Twellman (L hamstring strain) ... FC DALLAS - OUT: MF Richard Mulrooney (R knee ACL tear); DOUBTFUL: FW Eddie Johnson (R toe stress-related injury)
    INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: NE: FW Pat Noonan, MF Clint Dempsey, MF Steve Ralston (USA; CONCACAF Gold Cup) ... DAL: DF Greg Vanney (USA; CONCACAF Gold Cup)
    SUSPENDED: none
    WARNINGS: DAL: MF Ronnie O'Brien (18 CP)

HEAD-TO-HEAD
    ALL-TIME (23 meetings): Revolution 14 wins (1 shootout), 44 goals ... FC Dallas 8 wins (1 shootout), 30 goals ... 1 draw
    IN FOXBOROUGH (11 meetings): Revolution 6 wins (1 shootout), 22 goals ... FC Dallas 5 wins (1 shootout), 17 goals ... 0 draws
    • This the first of two meetings between the clubs this season, the only one set for Gillette Stadium. They'll meet again in less than a month, a first trip to Pizza Hut Park for the Revolution on Aug. 13.
    • A year ago, the Revolution claimed victory in the final two of three meetings between the teams, after Dallas won the opening match.
    • At the Cotton Bowl on June 12, the then-Burn took a 3-1 victory (Kreis 12, Johnson 74, Nhleko 84 - Dempsey 52). The Revolution then took the next two, both by shutout and one on each ground, winning 3-0 on Aug. 11 at Fair Park (Noonan 3, Twellman 87, Dorman 90), then 2-0 on Oct. 2 in Massachusetts (Twellman 42, Ralston 47)
    • The Revolution have won seven of the last nine meetings between the teams, dating back to Aug. 4, 2001, Dallas winning the other two.
    • Dallas did have a four-game winning streak in the series that lasted two seasons, winning both meetings in both 1999 and 2000.
    • The road team has won five of the last seven meetings between the teams - including all three in the 2003 season. Last year's two victories by teams on their home ground were the first since a New England home win on May 11, 2002.
    • Coaches record: Steve Nicol vs. DAL: P7 W5 L2 D0 ... Colin Clarke v NE: P4 W1 L3 T0​

6. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Wrentham State School Revolution practice field

On top of that, practices are not open to the public.

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting quote from SN today in the press. He says he's asked that he be allowed to use some of our internationals on Saturday but that it's up to Da bruce. The player most likely to be available is Noonan. I could live with that ;)

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Revs-Dallas Pre Match Chatter (R)

Neither Dempsey or Noonan played against Jam.
    Hope Da Bruce is willing to let them go for this one.

Fire and Crew tied today
    DCU won last night