Revs-Crew Pre/In Game Thread 8/27

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SirFozzie, Aug 24, 2006.

1. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Game 24 (home vs Columbus) Sunday 8/27 at 7 PM

Well, a true six pointer against a team that could conceivably move into a tie for the last playoff position, despite just breaking a 13 game winless streak. If the Revs don't get a point, depending on the KC and RBNY results, we could conceivably be below the playoff line at the end of the night

The game will be on Fox Soccer Channel, if you can't make it, or if you want to Tivo it.

Due to the Cape Verdean All Stars taking on a Brazillian Select Squad at 4, the lots will open at 3:30, which means there will be a lot of brooding over brews in the tailgate.

Clint Dempsey will miss this one, serving the second game of a two game suspension.. hopefully we can break the scoring doldrums.

2. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even though he's not the key to this team. we play worse with out him.

I hate putting these decisive moniker on games, but the possiblity of being on the cusp of falling out of the playoffs.... sure we can always have a stong finish, but we haven't done well so far and at somepoint we have to realize there may not be a turnaround.

3. edlova

edlova Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Somerville, MA
    fixed your post:eek:

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't like this thread? Want to merge or should I?

5. peabrainedidiot

peabrainedidiot New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    wessagussett
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nah, you and I were being too damn miserable on that last one, we needed a fresh start:D